Switch to full style
Post your original writing, poetry, music, photos or other artistic creations here.
Post a reply

KD records an album and posts it on Bandcamp

Tue October 30, 2018 12:07 am

I'm sure a few of you saw me peddle this elsewhere so sorry for the excessive hucking. Recorded this album between June and September of this year. It's the first real full-length creative project I've taken on since my book in 2012, and the first musical project of its sort since 2009. Had a blast making it, wanted to share it with you all:

https://lesfreresheureux.bandcamp.com/releases

The band name comes from an early Frasier episode where Niles and Frasier open a snooty restaurant and name it accordingly.
Last edited by Kevin Davis on Tue October 30, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: KD records and album and posts it on Bandcamp

Tue October 30, 2018 1:01 am

When does the vinyl come out?

Spoiler: show
I am kidding, KD! This sounds great...it sounds quite a bit like other things I've heard before, I am digging it. Influences?

Tue October 30, 2018 1:10 am

Thanks! And I'd love to see this pressed on vinyl!

There are a lot of artists that influence/inspire me but I'd say the musicians that most compel me to write are Dylan, Waits, Costello, Mark Knopfler, and Richard Thompson. As a words guy, rap gets me really excited to write too.

Tue October 30, 2018 6:51 am

Whew, KD. That's some amazing stuff. Where are your talents on this album? i.e. what parts do you play?

Tue October 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Thanks, Sarge! I play guitars/bass and sing, and for this particular project, I wrote the songs. My brother played piano/keys, backing vocals, some other weird stuff, and handled the recording/mixing.

Re: KD records an album and posts it on Bandcamp

Tue November 06, 2018 12:42 am

Love the guitar playing on this especially. The songs are sharply written and really well performed. And the band name is great

Tue November 06, 2018 5:29 am

Damn, KD has fierce picking chops.

Tue November 06, 2018 5:37 am

I dig 'Jim Hess...' and 'Wilderness Explorers' the most. Short and sweet. The lyrics are brilliant. Fun vibe.

Tue November 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks guys!
Post a reply