Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Wine

Thu September 27, 2018 2:09 am

I find myself gravitating to wine more and more these days, for multiple reasons. Wine is so much better than beer to have around the house when you have a companion. Less heavy than beer, more palatable than liquor.

Had a bottle of this the other day and it's exactly the type of red I look for. Low on the acid, high on jammy fruit notes - but also with a big enough body to stand up to food.

Thu September 27, 2018 2:52 am

For me it's a sub-$10 bottle of cab sav or go fuck your mother.

Thu September 27, 2018 2:54 am

i'll opt for the latter

Thu September 27, 2018 3:46 am

Ello Sailor wrote:For me it's a sub-$10 bottle of cab sav or go fuck your mother.

Plenty of sub $10 wines in every varietal, including the one I just posted about.

Thu September 27, 2018 4:21 am

I'm sure wine aficionados don't like them, but I'm a big fan of some of the red blends that are out there

Thu September 27, 2018 4:54 am

"wine aficionados" are a dying breed in my experience, and good riddance I say. Oh sure, they are still lurking around upscale restos and liquor stores, and most cities with great food scenes are in no shortage of sommeliers, but on the whole I think people are starting to treat wine with less reverence and more curiosity over the last few years.

Wine is endlessly fun, and when you learn just the bare minimum of regions and grape varietals, you can really go crazy in any price point imaginable.

If beer is all about chemistry, wine is all about biology. Somehow that makes what I'm drinking even more interesting.

Wed October 03, 2018 12:53 am

i had this this past weekend. not bad for a low-end cab sav actually

Mon November 12, 2018 11:49 pm

I’m drinking a cote du Rhône on tap right now that the bartender neglected to tell me is stored in a cold room. In retrospect, I should have expected a tapped wine to be cold.

Mon November 12, 2018 11:53 pm

washing machine wrote:I’m drinking a cote du Rhône on tap right now that the bartender neglected to tell me is stored in a cold room. In retrospect, I should have expected a tapped wine to be cold.

so lame

Mon November 12, 2018 11:54 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
washing machine wrote:I’m drinking a cote du Rhône on tap right now that the bartender neglected to tell me is stored in a cold room. In retrospect, I should have expected a tapped wine to be cold.

so lame

A $4 HH is a $4 HH, though.

Mon November 11, 2019 1:26 am

inexpensive ($8-9) and deligthful. light, minerally

Mon November 18, 2019 2:37 am

highly recommend this. it's like what a chardonnay would be if not dominated by oak flavor. ($19)

Tue November 26, 2019 12:55 am

Define "cold room" though. What temp was it served at?

Tue November 26, 2019 12:59 am

Reid do they actually have "cold rooms" for this stuff in TX? In MA, most taps just went down to an unfinished basement.

Tue November 26, 2019 1:39 am

In Texas they just have a bunch of upside down bottles in an old kegerator

Tue November 26, 2019 4:35 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:In Texas they just have a bunch of upside down bottles in an old kegerator

:lol:

Wed December 04, 2019 1:47 am

if you're ever in the fingerlakes region, this is well worth the stop

https://ravineswine.com

the dry riesling is top notch

Spoiler: show

Sat April 18, 2020 11:41 pm

loving this. only $12 and tastes like a $100 bottle. Loire Valley terroir is the greatest. they can’t make a bad wine

Chais St.-Laurent - Chinon La Vigne en Veron 2018

Mon September 06, 2021 1:36 am

This thread doesn’t get much play. Sad.

Mon September 06, 2021 1:38 am

Bammer wrote:This thread doesn’t get much play. Sad.

you wanna help it out, playa?
Post a reply