Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Wine

Fri February 14, 2014 1:56 am

doug rr wrote:so I gotta say. I've never been a fan of trader joes with the exception of a few things..anyway, I went this last weekend and saw this Italian sangiovese on the shelf for 3.99 a bottle..I thought I'd buy a couple to mainly use in a pasta sauce..very surprised how drinkable it really is..I think I'll go back and get a case

Bought this on your rec Doug, I've liked a few of their Panlonico offerings too but I like Chilean and Argentinian reds.

For Italian wines Sangoviese has always been a favorite of mine

Fri February 14, 2014 2:01 am

Not too sweet white Zinfandel and butter go really well on chicken. Delicious when cooked on a flat top chicken philly style

Fri February 14, 2014 2:26 am

Electromatic wrote:
doug rr wrote:so I gotta say. I've never been a fan of trader joes with the exception of a few things..anyway, I went this last weekend and saw this Italian sangiovese on the shelf for 3.99 a bottle..I thought I'd buy a couple to mainly use in a pasta sauce..very surprised how drinkable it really is..I think I'll go back and get a case

Bought this on your rec Doug, I've liked a few of their Panlonico offerings too but I like Chilean and Argentinian reds.

cool, have you tried it yet? I just had some while cooking

Fri February 14, 2014 2:33 am

Fri February 14, 2014 3:39 pm

doug rr wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

cool, have you tried it yet? I just had some while cooking

not yet, maybe tonight.

Sat February 15, 2014 11:36 pm

Tried the Grifone, Very drinkable, solid for 5 bucks.

I bet its good in the sauce too

Mon February 17, 2014 1:29 am

Mon February 17, 2014 5:32 pm

I tried PH Morel's chateauneuf du pape (2009) this weekend with a leg of lamb dinner.

so gooooood

Sat May 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Wine is the socially acceptable drink for alcoholics.

Thu December 11, 2014 2:29 am

I've drank most of the chianti that is supposed to go into my homemade pasta sauce

Thu December 11, 2014 2:53 am

doug rr wrote:I've drank most of the chianti that is supposed to go into my homemade pasta sauce

Toss in some cooking sherry, especially if it's late in the game.

Thu December 11, 2014 3:22 am

doug rr wrote:I've drank most of the chianti that is supposed to go into my homemade pasta sauce

Was it the Chianti that comes in the odd shaped bottle with the fake straw basket around it?

Thu December 11, 2014 3:41 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Was it the Chianti that comes in the odd shaped bottle with the fake straw basket around it?

oh heavens no..this one cost 11.99

Fri July 14, 2017 12:38 am

Didn't know what thread to put this in, but I've been drinking a lot of mead lately

Fri July 14, 2017 12:39 am

We need a honey thread.

Sat November 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Going to a bottle-your-own event today

Sat November 11, 2017 6:10 pm

dpupenya wrote:Going to a bottle-your-own event today

Nice, let us know what you come home with.

Sat November 11, 2017 10:38 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
dpupenya wrote:Going to a bottle-your-own event today

Nice, let us know what you come home with.

Today's offerings were
Zin
Cab franc
Sauv blanc

We skipped the sauv blanc but case a case each of the other 2

Sat November 11, 2017 10:46 pm

dpupenya wrote:case a case

How much you drink at this event?

Sat November 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Just a little muchly bit