The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nutrition, Supplements, Wellness, etc.
PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:07 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I want those B vitamins, phyto nutrients, and mega antioxidants that are tough to get from my normal diet.

dont listen to run2death. He's a psycho that lives in 115 degree weather and runs 30 miles a day and will be in a wheelchair at the age of 50 and he doesnt care

Username checks out.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:11 am 
The Master

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I want those B vitamins, phyto nutrients, and mega antioxidants that are tough to get from my normal diet.

dont listen to run2death. He's a psycho that lives in 115 degree weather and runs 30 miles a day and will be in a wheelchair at the age of 50 and he doesnt care

Username checks out.

turned2slack

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:17 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

more like fun2death amirite

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:27 am 
Rank This Poster

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Running causing knees to blow out is total bullshit. And is used as an excuse for people who lack dedication... or are into yoga.

Recent studies suggest running actually helps build cartilage in the knees.

And running has been a suggested remedy for osteoporosis and osteoarthritis for years.

People are built differently and some will never be able to dissipate the pressure on their knees, but, in general, running is far better for you than not running.

Now stop using elevation and knee damage as an excuse and run some of those Colorado trails.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:33 am 
The Master

run2death wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Running causing knees to blow out is total bullshit. And is used as an excuse for people who lack dedication... or are into yoga.

And running has been a suggested remedy for osteoporosis and osteoarthritis for years.

People are built differently and some will never be able to dissipate the pressure on their knees, but, in general, running is far better for you than not running.

Now stop using elevation and knee damage as an excuse and run some of those Colorado trails.

Every body has a study to support what they love or discredit what they dont. I was just messing with you. Whatever works for your body is A okay by me.

I just dont love running enough and I have other things I love to do so i dont put int he effort to build that running stamina at this elevation. I run maybe 10-12 miles a week at best. That is just not enough to build a stamina to run what i used to at sea level. These days im all about diversity in my exercise. Yoga, running, HIT bike training, Skiing, hiking, drinking, napping, strength training.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:45 am 
Rank This Poster

Also, not to be a dick, but "masters in ayurveda"? Really?

There's never been one study that shows ayurveda techniques beyond massage and meditation actually help people.

If it has helped your GF, more power to her. I just can't imagine studying it for 4 or 8 years.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:45 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
run2death wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Every body has a study to support what they love or discredit what they dont. I was just messing with you. Whatever works for your body is A okay by me.

I just dont love running enough and I have other things I love to do so i dont put int he effort to build that running stamina at this elevation. I run maybe 10-12 miles a week at best. That is just not enough to build a stamina to run what i used to at sea level. These days im all about diversity in my exercise. Yoga, running, HIT bike training, Skiing, hiking, drinking, napping, strength training.

Stroking, looking sexy, wooing women and men, etc.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:49 am 
The Master

run2death wrote:
Also, not to be a dick, but "masters in ayurveda"? Really?

There's never been one study that shows ayurveda techniques beyond massage and meditation actually help people.

If it has helped your GF, more power to her. I just can't imagine studying it for 4 or 8 years.

"Not to be a dick but to be a dick...."

It was a three year program and she is brilliant. Its more than massage and meditation. Actually massage isn't even a part of it. Its about diet and prevention, and treatment in the sense of partnering with western medicine in treating illness.

But okay, apparently i super offended you about being in a wheelchair! Fuck you.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:57 am 
Rank This Poster

LOL. What??!!! My mother (a dirty hippy) has studied ayurveda a lot in her spare time (like for 40+ years) and it seems to involve a lot of herbs and other eastern medicines and a shitload of massage and meditation.

Also, suck my dick.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 2:57 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:00 am 
The Master

run2death wrote:
LOL. What??!!! My mother (a dirty hippy) has studied ayurveda a lot in her spare time (like for 40+ years) and it seems to involve a lot of herbs and other eastern medicines and a shitload of massage and meditation.

Also, suck my dick.

Edit. You are being a douche and its not worth it. Peace

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:01 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I can't believe this is happening in the wellness thread

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:03 am 
Rank This Poster

Dude, I haven't been on the board for like a year and a half. I don't know the history of your GF.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:03 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
I can't believe this is happening in the wellness thread

Do you think they'll end up killing or fucking each other?

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:10 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

It will probably move to PM and be quietly resolved

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:11 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

run2death wrote:
Dude, I haven't been on the board for like a year and a half. I don't know the history of your GF.

To be fair, that didn't stop you from knocking what his girlfriend is studying.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:11 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Damn it.

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:14 am 
slower than 82% of US

is run2death soma.?

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:15 am 
Gone

run2death wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

This.

What strat said is classic fat logic bullshit

PostPosted: Tue June 27, 2017 3:16 am 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
run2death wrote:

To be fair, that didn't stop you from knocking what his girlfriend is studying.

It just surprised me.

Like I said, my mom has been into ayurveda for years and she'd jump at the chance to say she had a masters degree in it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining