Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Meatballs

Fri September 23, 2016 11:42 am

If I could figure out how to post a picture, I would show you that I came across Abbruzzese brand meatballs at the grocery last night.

Re: Meatballs

Fri September 23, 2016 12:54 pm

in this case, it's referring to a specific region of italy, not a person or family: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abruzzo

Fri September 23, 2016 12:57 pm

That's it!

Sat December 10, 2016 2:09 pm

The best meatballs I've ever had was at a little mom and pop restaurant (Dat's Italian) in Old Colorado City. They use pine nuts in the recipe. It's the model meatball I measure all other meatballs against.

Sat December 10, 2016 3:59 pm

pepperwhiteMFC wrote:The best meatballs I've ever had was at a little mom and pop restaurant (Dat's Italian) in Old Colorado City. They use pine nuts in the recipe. It's the model meatball I measure all other meatballs against.

My wife's grandmother does pine nuts and raisins. :thumbsup:

Sat December 10, 2016 4:55 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:The best meatballs I've ever had was at a little mom and pop restaurant (Dat's Italian) in Old Colorado City. They use pine nuts in the recipe. It's the model meatball I measure all other meatballs against.

My wife's grandmother does pine nuts and raisins. :thumbsup:

I've never heard of that, but I would like to taste one.

Sun February 04, 2018 3:48 am

i like a beef, veal, pork blend

Sun February 04, 2018 4:00 am

Microwave some Costco meatballs along with a packet of mushroom gravy -- voila! Instant Salisbury steak. :naughty:

Sun February 04, 2018 4:11 am

You guys know how sometimes meatballs have this specific, dark red sauce? It’s sort of like BBQ sauce but it’s not that. I can’t figure out what it is. The internet has been no help so far.

Sun February 04, 2018 4:13 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:You guys know how sometimes meatballs have this specific, dark red sauce? It’s sort of like BBQ sauce but it’s not that. I can’t figure out what it is. The internet has been no help so far.

i am not familiar with this special sauce

other than standard marinarae

Sun February 04, 2018 4:14 am

Yeah, I'm at a loss on this one too. Is this close to the syrupy but tangy sauce that crockpot weenies swim in?

Sun February 04, 2018 4:18 am

washing machine wrote:Yeah, I'm at a loss on this one too. Is this close to the syrupy but tangy sauce that crockpot weenies swim in?

Yeah, something like that, but the flavor seemed a little milder. My work recently had a catered event that served the best meatballs I’ve ever tasted, and they were in this sauce. I don’t know who catered it and I can’t figure the sauce out.

Sun February 04, 2018 4:20 am

kind of like a steak sauce meets ketchup?

Sun February 04, 2018 4:21 am

I will never know this magic potion again

Sun February 04, 2018 4:37 am

you need to find that caterer

Sun February 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Sounds like that bbq meets grape jelly sauce a lot of people use for meatballs and/or baby weinies.
Post a reply