The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Have your say ...
Put "City Guides" in A&E. 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Put "City Guides" in F&D. 34%  34%  [ 10 ]
Create a new [sub]forum. 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Leave them in GD the way they are. 31%  31%  [ 9 ]
Go back to Africa, Ruddo. 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: Re: City Guide: Proposal
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 11:10 am 
The Master

ABNorman wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I liked Africa. :/

I miss Africa.

I bless the rains down in Africa (I bless the rain!)

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 7:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i haven't spent much time in seattle in many many years...going next week..where do we eat and drink?

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:04 pm 
Production Police

doug rr wrote:
i haven't spent much time in seattle in many many years...going next week..where do we eat and drink?

Pretty much everywhere. We usually start with oysters, either at Taylor Shellfish on Capital Hill, or at The Walrus and the Carpenter in Ballard. The latter has a great little amaro bar next door, to sip and nibble on something good while you wait for a table. Both are surrounded by a multitude of other restaurants for you to check out after your oysters.

Nue is one of my favorite dining experiences in the past several years. Global street food executed really fucking well, served in a super casual atmosphere.

Brunch at Sitka & Spruce is awesome. Get a reservation.

Top Pot makes fantastic "normal" donuts. General Porpoise makes fantastic "fancy" donuts.

If you're a pot smoker, I'd suggest Hash Tag in Freemont.

You'l find great beer everywhere, I'm sure 'snatcher can give you solid recommendations.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:08 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Doug, make sure to eat some Ezell's fried chicken while you are there.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Pretty much everywhere. We usually start with oysters, either at Taylor Shellfish on Capital Hill, or at The Walrus and the Carpenter in Ballard. The latter has a great little amaro bar next door, to sip and nibble on something good while you wait for a table. Both are surrounded by a multitude of other restaurants for you to check out after your oysters.

Nue is one of my favorite dining experiences in the past several years. Global street food executed really fucking well, served in a super casual atmosphere.

Top Pot makes fantastic "normal" donuts. General Porpoise makes fantastic "fancy" donuts.

You'l find great beer everywhere, I'm sure 'snatcher can give you solid recommendations.

cool, thanks...is any of this near benaroya hall? we are at a hotel right there...

Last edited by doug rr on Wed October 05, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Doug, make sure to eat some Ezell's fried chicken while you are there.

cool, thanks...is any of this near benaroya hall? we are at a hotel right there...

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:12 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

The one on 23rd is probably the closest, a couple of miles away. And if you are a Sir-Mix-A-Lot fan, you can then go a couple of blocks south to my favorite Sir-Mix-A-Lot related hangout, 23rd and Jackson.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
The one on 23rd is probably the closest, a couple of miles away. And if you are a Sir-Mix-A-Lot fan, you can then go a couple of blocks south to my favorite Sir-Mix-A-Lot related hangout, 23rd and Jackson.

i'm not a sir mix a lot guy but if I to pretend to be to get great fried chicken I will..

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:15 pm 

doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i'm not a sir mix a lot guy but if I to pretend to be to get great fried chicken I will..

Just take an Uber to the one on 23rd for lunch one day.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

just looked at the menu...any place with deep fried okra is ok in my book...I 'll try to hit it up

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:18 pm 

doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

just looked at the menu...any place with deep fried okra is ok in my book...I 'll try to hit it up

It is really good. If I remember correctly the guy that started it is from South Carolina.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It is really good. If I remember correctly the guy that started it is from South Carolina.

i just text my wife about it..she'll be onboard

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:24 pm 

doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

When I worked downtown we had someone make an Ezell's run at least once a week.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

When I worked downtown we had someone make an Ezell's run at least once a week.

any good dive bars in the area with various whisky?

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:26 pm 
Production Police

doug rr wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:

No, but they are all in Capital Hill, Freemont, or Ballard, and all are neighborhoods definitely worth checking out. I'd say Freemont and Ballard a bit more funky/grungy, while Capital Hill is a bit more cleaned up/high end retail stuff.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:27 pm 

If you want real dive bars, go down to south downtown/warehouse district. It has grown a little but still really industrial area with hole in the walls scattered throughout.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

will i look like a tourist if i'm wearing shorts in 50 degree weather?

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:31 pm 

doug rr wrote:
will i look like a tourist if i'm wearing shorts in 50 degree weather?

No, just slap on some suspenders and you'll be hipstered out enough.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:35 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If you want real dive bars, go down to south downtown/warehouse district. It has grown a little but still really industrial area with hole in the walls scattered throughout.

Look up Henry's Tavern. It is near the Showbox SoDo. Great little place down there. There's also a BBQ place down there called Jacks, and there used to be some "craft liquor" bar down there too, although that was too trendy for me. That was more up trag's alley, probably.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Look up Henry's Tavern. It is near the Showbox SoDo. Great little place down there. There's also a BBQ place down there called Jacks, and there used to be some "craft liquor" bar down there too, although that was too trendy for me. That was more up trag's alley, probably.

i'll look it up...no trendy for me unless we go with my wife's coworkers...any good noodle joints with delicious pork broth?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining