Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Best French Fries?

Mon February 18, 2013 5:27 am

Recommend me some great French fries. What am I missing? What are some of the best, must-see fries of the French?

I'm looking for salted fries.

Re: Best French Fries?

Mon February 18, 2013 5:38 pm

im a fan of the fries at 5 guys, they are fresh cut potatoes.

Mon February 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:im a fan of the fries at 5 guys, they are fresh cut potatoes.

:thumbsup:
I second this

Mon February 18, 2013 6:15 pm

I assume you've had enough Kelly's fries to feed a small army at this point.

Mon February 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Mon February 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Chloe wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:im a fan of the fries at 5 guys, they are fresh cut potatoes.

:thumbsup:
I second this

Thirded. I had their cajun fries yesterday, and they were awesomeness.

Wed February 20, 2013 1:59 pm

To this day, I still think it's kinda hard to beat McDonald's. I mean, yeah I've had better fries n'all, but for fast food, I think Micky D's wins (at least over the major competitors like BK and Wendy's).

Wed February 20, 2013 3:19 pm

I would have said 5 Guys a couple of years ago. But, at least with the ones around me, I've been disappointed with them. They are way too soggy now. I really wish they'd cook a little longer. I'm still a big fan of fresh cut & peanut oil cooking though.

If you're ever in NYC, you should really make a point to get to The Breslin. Its a great gastropub. Get the lamb burger with fries. Both are amazing.

Wed February 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Lamb burger with fries sounds fantastic.

Thu February 21, 2013 6:39 pm

I used to work in a restaurant that changed their menu daily, based on seasonal availability. The one thing that never changed was a side of hand cut fries cooked in garlic confit and served with chipotle aioli. The fries were cut a little thinner than Five Guys, but not so thin as to get them too crispy. This made them near perfect in my book.

Thu March 14, 2013 3:25 am

EJ wrote:I would have said 5 Guys a couple of years ago. But, at least with the ones around me, I've been disappointed with them.

hot damn, someone else!

although, there was never a time when i would have said these were anywhere close to being the best. maybe it was all the hype around their food in general, but i haven't been back there in about a year.

way better fries around town for sure.

Wed March 20, 2013 12:57 am

darth_vedder wrote:To this day, I still think it's kinda hard to beat McDonald's. I mean, yeah I've had better fries n'all, but for fast food, I think Micky D's wins (at least over the major competitors like BK and Wendy's).

nah post

Wed March 20, 2013 12:57 am

darth_vedder wrote:To this day, I still think it's kinda hard to beat McDonald's. I mean, yeah I've had better fries n'all, but for fast food, I think Micky D's wins (at least over the major competitors like BK and Wendy's).

nah post

Wed March 20, 2013 3:54 am

spike wrote:

nah post

Spike, where is Alex & Thodoks?

Wed March 20, 2013 6:41 am

Thought mcDonalds fries were just flour and potato? Thick cut fries with a smoked cod in batter and tons of salt n vinegar. Great stuff.

Wed March 20, 2013 6:42 am

I like it when spinoff threads outlast the original.

Wed March 20, 2013 6:44 am

Chip up some parsnips and deep fry em or oven roast em.
Also great.

Wed March 20, 2013 6:57 am

LORD OF THE FRIES OMFG !!!!

Wed March 20, 2013 7:07 am

Nice:)

I hate spicy wedges. There I said it.

Thu March 21, 2013 2:29 am

WtOB? wrote:Image
LORD OF THE FRIES OMFG !!!!