The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Juice
PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:57 pm 
AnalLog

Hey, t2b put his foot down. What he says goes

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm starting a new exercise routine in a week or so, and need to change my diet up a little bit. May go the juicing route.

:cop: Post that shit in the work-out thread, bro.

Diet and exercise go together, you guys in that work out thread are animals, it's too intimidating to post in there

It shouldn't be intimidating. We accept everybody, but Jazzercisers. Fuck those guys.

:haha: so Sweatin' to the 80's is out...

Hey now, Richard Simmons does not discriminate, he sweats to the oldies, no matter what decade its from

True story: I talked to Richard Simmons when I was a fill-in cops reporter at my old paper. He bitch slapped some guy at Sky Harbor airport and was cited by police.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

turned2black wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm starting a new exercise routine in a week or so, and need to change my diet up a little bit. May go the juicing route.

:cop: Post that shit in the work-out thread, bro.

Diet and exercise go together, you guys in that work out thread are animals, it's too intimidating to post in there

It shouldn't be intimidating. We accept everybody, but Jazzercisers. Fuck those guys.

:haha: so Sweatin' to the 80's is out...

Hey now, Richard Simmons does not discriminate, he sweats to the oldies, no matter what decade its from

True story: I talked to Richard Simmons when I was a fill-in cops reporter at my old paper. He bitch slapped some guy at Sky Harbor airport and was cited by police.

Hell yes, he should be allowed in the work out thread because of that

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:14 pm 
AnalLog

His sweet hair should allow him to be in the workout thread. Dude sounds like a diva :lol: What did the dude do to get bitch slapped?

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Chloe wrote:
His sweet hair should allow him to be in the workout thread. Dude sounds like a diva :lol: What did the dude do to get bitch slapped?

OK, he's allowed in the work-out thread.

Here's AP's story:
PHOENIX - Exercise guru Richard Simmons allegedly slapped a man who made a sarcastic remark about one of his videos, police said. Simmons, known for his "Sweatin' to the Oldies" series of exercise videos set to songs from the 1950s and 60s, was cited for misdemeanor assault.
A fellow passenger recognized Simmons on Wednesday night at Phoenix's Sky Harbor International Airport as he was waiting for a flight to Los Angeles, police said.
The man "made the off-hand comment, 'Hey everybody. It's Richard Simmons. Let's drop our bags and rock to the '50s,'" said Phoenix police Sgt. Tom Osborne. "Mr. Simmons took exception to it and walked over to the other passenger and apparently slapped him in the face."
The passenger, whose identity wasn't immediately available, wasn't injured but told police that he intended to file charges against Simmons, 55.
Osborne said Simmons was cited for misdemeanor assault and permitted to board his flight.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 4:31 pm 
AnalLog

turned2black wrote:
Chloe wrote:

OK, he's allowed in the work-out thread.

Here's AP's story:
PHOENIX - Exercise guru Richard Simmons allegedly slapped a man who made a sarcastic remark about one of his videos, police said. Simmons, known for his "Sweatin' to the Oldies" series of exercise videos set to songs from the 1950s and 60s, was cited for misdemeanor assault.
A fellow passenger recognized Simmons on Wednesday night at Phoenix's Sky Harbor International Airport as he was waiting for a flight to Los Angeles, police said.
The man "made the off-hand comment, 'Hey everybody. It's Richard Simmons. Let's drop our bags and rock to the '50s,'" said Phoenix police Sgt. Tom Osborne. "Mr. Simmons took exception to it and walked over to the other passenger and apparently slapped him in the face."
The passenger, whose identity wasn't immediately available, wasn't injured but told police that he intended to file charges against Simmons, 55.
Osborne said Simmons was cited for misdemeanor assault and permitted to board his flight.

:lol: diva

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 5:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
When I have forgiven you for the whole 'posting less' debacle, I may come over to that thread. Wounds take time, friend.

This saddens me. You helped with my "wounds" and all I did in return is hurt you. I'm sorry.
And Happy Birthday!

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 5:42 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
When I have forgiven you for the whole 'posting less' debacle, I may come over to that thread. Wounds take time, friend.

This saddens me. You helped with my "wounds" and all I did in return is hurt you. I'm sorry.
And Happy Birthday!

Thanks. Hope you are doing better with the healing from your surgery.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:18 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:
Nutribullet only cost $80. Its $100 at Bed Bath & Beyond but if you sign up on their website they send you a 20% off coupon for the store.

:thumbsup: It's a great little machine. My mom got me one for my birthday, used it for the first time yesterday for a green smoothie. That little gadget is better than my big blender. Also note, that it does leak pretty bad if you over fill it (loads of reviews about this on Amazon) - that max line is there for a reason, folks

Ha yeah mine has only leaked twice. Once I had so much fruit and stuff in there I couldn't really see the liquid and it went over the max line and funnily enough today when I didn't have the top screwed on tight enough.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 8:19 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:
Nutribullet only cost $80. Its $100 at Bed Bath & Beyond but if you sign up on their website they send you a 20% off coupon for the store.

:thumbsup: It's a great little machine. My mom got me one for my birthday, used it for the first time yesterday for a green smoothie. That little gadget is better than my big blender. Also note, that it does leak pretty bad if you over fill it (loads of reviews about this on Amazon) - that max line is there for a reason, folks

Ha yeah mine has only leaked twice. Once I had so much fruit and stuff in there I couldn't really see the liquid and it went over the max line and funnily enough today when I didn't have the top screwed on tight enough.

:lol: I did the same thing today, too :oops: That little thing really is awesome. What did you make today?

PostPosted: Thu March 28, 2013 2:30 am 

Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:
Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:

:lol: I did the same thing today, too :oops: That little thing really is awesome. What did you make today?

All the recipes I see normally mix fruit and veggies together but I think that's gross so I do a veggie one in the morning and a fruit one later in the day. The fruit one is always the same, banana, apple, strawberry, almonds, skim milk and protein powder. I experiment with the veggies a bit. Today I did this no fat, low cal Greek yogurt mixed with spinach, cucumbers, carrots and walnuts. All mixed together it tasted like veggie dip. It was pretty gross but I drank it. I didn't expect the Greek yogurt to taste so bad. I guess when you get something with no fat and real low sugar its not gonna taste that great but wow is it sour. It's loaded with protein though so I gotta decide if its worth choking down or not.

PostPosted: Thu March 28, 2013 2:22 pm 
AnalLog

What if you added just a little honey or maybe a date or two to sweeten it just so it's bearable? You do get used to the flavor after awhile, though. Plain yogurt/kefir is a favorite of mine.

PostPosted: Thu March 28, 2013 2:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:
Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:

All the recipes I see normally mix fruit and veggies together but I think that's gross so I do a veggie one in the morning and a fruit one later in the day. The fruit one is always the same, banana, apple, strawberry, almonds, skim milk and protein powder. I experiment with the veggies a bit. Today I did this no fat, low cal Greek yogurt mixed with spinach, cucumbers, carrots and walnuts. All mixed together it tasted like veggie dip. It was pretty gross but I drank it. I didn't expect the Greek yogurt to taste so bad. I guess when you get something with no fat and real low sugar its not gonna taste that great but wow is it sour. It's loaded with protein though so I gotta decide if its worth choking down or not.

i cant usually do greek yogart, that stuff is just too tart for me, though like Chloe said, a little honey helps, but not sure how it would go with the other veggies

PostPosted: Fri March 29, 2013 4:05 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:
Chloe wrote:
bada wrote:

i cant usually do greek yogart, that stuff is just too tart for me, though like Chloe said, a little honey helps, but not sure how it would go with the other veggies

Yeah I think I'm just not a greek yogurt fan.

PostPosted: Fri March 29, 2013 4:36 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
Yeah I think I'm just not a greek yogurt fan.

Same here. Have you ever tried kefir?

PostPosted: Fri March 29, 2013 4:50 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I'm a big fan of Lifeway's kefir products. I have it every day. Kefir itself has more priobiotic strains than yogurt, and generally the same protein content. I was leery for years in trying it, if only because the name "kefir" wierded me out. But, it really just tastes like a "fizzier" yogurt to me. The only thing that I'm not excited about with the Lifeway products is the sugar content in each smoothie I've been drinking. For now, I use it as my gateway into kefir and eventually I'll segue into making real kefir from the grains.

Is that how you are doing it, Chloe?

PostPosted: Fri March 29, 2013 5:06 pm 
AnalLog

EJ wrote:
I'm a big fan of Lifeway's kefir products. I have it every day. Kefir itself has more priobiotic strains than yogurt, and generally the same protein content. I was leery for years in trying it, if only because the name "kefir" wierded me out. But, it really just tastes like a "fizzier" yogurt to me. The only thing that I'm not excited about with the Lifeway products is the sugar content in each smoothie I've been drinking. For now, I use it as my gateway into kefir and eventually I'll segue into making real kefir from the grains.

Is that how you are doing it, Chloe?

I do drink a bit of kefir every day. Hadn't really considered the sugar in it, though. Even the plain has about 12g/cup. I'd love to make my own, but I'm pretty sure my grains would die - I travel about half the year for work and Doc doesn't like doing his chores when I'm out of town :lol: For now, I'm ok with Lifeway. I imagine if bada doesn't dig greek yogurt, kefir would work for him if it's going into a smoothie.

PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2013 1:33 pm 

I've heard of Kefir Sutherland but not kefir the food. Must google!

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 3:42 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

I've been sick lately so I've been throwing a couple extra oranges in my juices. It's been helping.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 8:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

last nights juice was a little bland, it was my first all veggie juice, it was 2 tomatoes, 1 carrot, about a 3rd of a red pepper, about a 3rd of a cucumber, 1 stick of celery and 2 radishes. i was hoping it would be similar to a v8, but im sure they have a lot of salt in them. im wanting to make another juice tonight but not sure if i should try to tweak that one or do one of the fruit and veggie combos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining