The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Juice
PostPosted: Sat February 16, 2013 1:32 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

My haircut is called a "juice", I really like it and it's so easy to take care of.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2013 9:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

we made a juice yesterday that was apple, celery, kale, cucumber, ginger, and lemon that was really good

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2013 9:26 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

A variation of that is what I always order at the juice bar near work.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2013 9:45 pm 
AnalLog

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
we made a juice yesterday that was apple, celery, kale, cucumber, ginger, and lemon that was really good

Mean Green as Joe Cross calls it. I drank a big glass of it this morning as well :)

You still get some good fiber in juicing plus there are more nutrients in one glass of fresh juice than most Americans consume in a day. Green smoothies are probably my favorite, but I've been doing a juice or a smoothie for breakfast and lunch the past week and must say my energy level is way up. I was diagnosed with an endocrine disorder in 2011 and my energy levels are awful these days, I'm willing to try anything at this point to keep myself going w/out meds. A great documentary that shows some amazing health transformations and the benefits of juicing - Fat, Sick & Nearly.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 3:50 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Just brewed up an apple, orange, silverbeet, lettuce, carrot, rockmelon. It was good but I forgot to add lemon. Damn. Always add lemon.

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 3:52 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Chloe wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Mean Green as Joe Cross calls it. I drank a big glass of it this morning as well :)

You still get some good fiber in juicing plus there are more nutrients in one glass of fresh juice than most Americans consume in a day. Green smoothies are probably my favorite, but I've been doing a juice or a smoothie for breakfast and lunch the past week and must say my energy level is way up. I was diagnosed with an endocrine disorder in 2011 and my energy levels are awful these days, I'm willing to try anything at this point to keep myself going w/out meds. A great documentary that shows some amazing health transformations and the benefits of juicing - Fat, Sick & Nearly.

I think I recommended that film in the weight loss thread. Really great stuff.

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 11:44 am 
Mind Your Tanners

WtOB? wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I think I recommended that film in the weight loss thread. Really great stuff.

yep, thats what we watched on saturday, it was really amazing to see their changes, especially the truck driver( i cant remember the names) he looked like a completely different person, and both of them i think got completely off their medication.

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 12:49 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Any recommendations on juicers? My wife and I have been talking about buying one for us and our little guy who gives us a hard time over eating veggies.

PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2013 1:07 pm 
AnalLog

vegman wrote:
Any recommendations on juicers? My wife and I have been talking about buying one for us and our little guy who gives us a hard time over eating veggies.

We bought a Breville Juice Fountain a few years ago, and I absolutely love it. http://www.amazon.com/Breville-JE95XL-T ... B0001IT0IY
Why I love it:
It's not a budget buster - there are some juicers out there that are $300+
It juices hard vegetables/fruits & citrus - two speed settings. Green leafy veggies do ok, but those are better in a smoothie, there's too much waste in this juicer with something like kale. The stalks of kale do well, not so much on the leaves. Save it for a smoothie.
The feeder is a good size, I can fit 3 oranges or 4 apples at one time w/out cutting them up
The strainer has a really fine mesh so your pulp is really dry
There's some debate over centrifugal vs masticating, but for me the centrifugal is better. It's a lot faster and I'm extremely impatient :) http://cookingequipment.about.com/od/re ... juicer.htm

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 2:46 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Nutribullet only cost $80. Its $100 at Bed Bath & Beyond but if you sign up on their website they send you a 20% off coupon for the store.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 2:48 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
Nutribullet only cost $80. Its $100 at Bed Bath & Beyond but if you sign up on their website they send you a 20% off coupon for the store.

:thumbsup: It's a great little machine. My mom got me one for my birthday, used it for the first time yesterday for a green smoothie. That little gadget is better than my big blender. Also note, that it does leak pretty bad if you over fill it (loads of reviews about this on Amazon) - that max line is there for a reason, folks

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 2:58 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'm starting a new exercise routine in a week or so, and need to change my diet up a little bit. May go the juicing route.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:01 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm starting a new exercise routine in a week or so, and need to change my diet up a little bit. May go the juicing route.

:cop: Post that shit in the work-out thread, bro.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:05 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:thumbsup: It's pretty great stuff. It can be on the spendy side (depending on the juices you do of course), but buy everything in bulk. I got a 10 lb bag of oranges for around $6-$7 at Sam's last week. 10 lbs should last you through a week if you do an orange or orange/combo every day. It only lasted in our house for three days :lol: I bought 23 lbs of fruit/greens last week and only have 1.5 lbs of berries left and actually bought more oranges :| We also juice for three people daily.
Will your wife be having them too?

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:06 pm 
AnalLog

turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Diet and exercise go together, you guys in that work out thread are animals, it's too intimidating to post in there

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:23 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Chloe wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:thumbsup: It's pretty great stuff. It can be on the spendy side (depending on the juices you do of course), but buy everything in bulk. I got a 10 lb bag of oranges for around $6-$7 at Sam's last week. 10 lbs should last you through a week if you do an orange or orange/combo every day. It only lasted in our house for three days :lol: I bought 23 lbs of fruit/greens last week and only have 1.5 lbs of berries left and actually bought more oranges :| We also juice for three people daily.
Will your wife be having them too?

She's going to have it in the morning, but she does her own thing throughout the week. We usually eat salads or eggs at dinner together.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Diet and exercise go together, you guys in that work out thread are animals, it's too intimidating to post in there

It shouldn't be intimidating. We accept everybody, but Jazzercisers. Fuck those guys.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:39 pm 

turned2black wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It shouldn't be intimidating. We accept everybody, but Jazzercisers. Fuck those guys.

When I have forgiven you for the whole 'posting less' debacle, I may come over to that thread. Wounds take time, friend.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:39 pm 
AnalLog

turned2black wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:haha: so Sweatin' to the 80's is out...

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 3:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Chloe wrote:
turned2black wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:haha: so Sweatin' to the 80's is out...

Hey now, Richard Simmons does not discriminate, he sweats to the oldies, no matter what decade its from

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining