The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51470
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Well what the fucking fuck...

you just kept asking questions and i couldn't stop!

Cuck off, Lenny.

pm me a pic of ur titties

You are a monster.

yeah, a monster who loves some titties

don't lie, lenny. We all know you are an A guy.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7341
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Lenny is an an*s guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51816
not at all, guys...i'm all about da mammaries

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7341
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Describe your ideal boobie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51816
Self wrote:
Describe your ideal boobie.

i don't know if i have an ideal...i suppose there are times i prefer bigger or smaller, but for the most part i just want them to be proportional to the rest of the torso

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7341
Location: PM me, I have everything.
What about nipples and areolas?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51816
Self wrote:
What about nipples and areolas?

what's that?

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51470
Self wrote:
Describe your ideal boobie.

lenny likes moobs

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: Where everybody knows your name
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anybody ever take the Food Safety Manager's exam? I'm taking it on Monday. Have been studying regularly, but I'm curious what to expect (length of test, multiple choice vs. essay questions, overall difficulty, etc).


I took it about 16 years ago, when I was a manager at Wal-mart and we had a snack bar. It wasn't that hard, and it was mostly common sense questions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23719
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anybody ever take the Food Safety Manager's exam? I'm taking it on Monday. Have been studying regularly, but I'm curious what to expect (length of test, multiple choice vs. essay questions, overall difficulty, etc).


I took it about 16 years ago, when I was a manager at Wal-mart and we had a snack bar. It wasn't that hard, and it was mostly common sense questions.

I passed this last week, but I'm glad I did some practice exams first. Thanks though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:27 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21883
Location: the beach
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anybody ever take the Food Safety Manager's exam? I'm taking it on Monday. Have been studying regularly, but I'm curious what to expect (length of test, multiple choice vs. essay questions, overall difficulty, etc).


I took it about 16 years ago, when I was a manager at Wal-mart and we had a snack bar. It wasn't that hard, and it was mostly common sense questions.

I passed this last week, but I'm glad I did some practice exams first. Thanks though.


you never told us you passed this..or i missed it..anyway(s) congrats


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23719
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
doug rr wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anybody ever take the Food Safety Manager's exam? I'm taking it on Monday. Have been studying regularly, but I'm curious what to expect (length of test, multiple choice vs. essay questions, overall difficulty, etc).


I took it about 16 years ago, when I was a manager at Wal-mart and we had a snack bar. It wasn't that hard, and it was mostly common sense questions.

I passed this last week, but I'm glad I did some practice exams first. Thanks though.


you never told us you passed this..or i missed it..anyway(s) congrats

Thanks Doug. I submitted the Food Plan to our health inspector last week -- 75 pages! It's a much bigger deal and I'll maintain a low level of stress for the next month or so until we (hopefully) pass the inspection.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2017 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11398
trag, i just got recertified through servsafe. it is so much easier the 2nd time around


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2017 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23719
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
How often did we have to get re-certified? And I can't remember, are you a Food Manager, or something else?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2017 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11398
tragabigzanda wrote:
How often did we have to get re-certified? And I can't remember, are you a Food Manager, or something else?

yeah, i take the managers course. every 5 years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
I swallowed my breath and went deep
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Space City
Recently read and enjoyed this love letter to back of house expos. Truly underappreciated role in the service industry. Takes a special kind of mind to control that kitchen chaos.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/dini ... iters.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23719
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
washing machine wrote:
Recently read and enjoyed this love letter to back of house expos. Truly underappreciated role in the service industry. Takes a special kind of mind to control that kitchen chaos.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/dini ... iters.html

Saw that the other day. I was once a righteous expo for 4+ years! :bammer:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
I swallowed my breath and went deep
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9985
Location: Space City
tragabigzanda wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Recently read and enjoyed this love letter to back of house expos. Truly underappreciated role in the service industry. Takes a special kind of mind to control that kitchen chaos.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/dini ... iters.html

Saw that the other day. I was once a righteous expo for 4+ years! :bammer:

Did you get along with FOH staff?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23719
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
washing machine wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Recently read and enjoyed this love letter to back of house expos. Truly underappreciated role in the service industry. Takes a special kind of mind to control that kitchen chaos.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/dini ... iters.html

Saw that the other day. I was once a righteous expo for 4+ years! :bammer:

Did you get along with FOH staff?

I started as FOH and transition to expo/daytime prep cook. I moved into the building with the chef/owner, so I was sort of helping run the place. they had no choice but to get along with me. :twisted:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any food industry professionals here?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23719
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
actually, wait, no -- i started as expo/prep, then started waiting tables for the tips. not sure why i got that backwards.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu October 18, 2018 9:03 pm