Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Peppers

Sun February 11, 2018 2:45 am

mookie wrote:Image

Not even ready to pull yet but these little bastards are beyond pepper spray intensity. We had to pull them inside because of the frost. Ah..indoor growing... :heartbeat:

mookie, i have waited patiently for over 4 years. for the love of god - how did this pan out?

Sun February 11, 2018 8:17 am

Probably ate them.

Wed April 04, 2018 4:22 pm

I’m trying to grow bell peppers. We’re only at four seedlings popping up out of a tray of 24 seeds. I’m hopeful though. Homegrown tomatoes taste infinitely better than shop bought. Hoping the same applies with peppers.

Mon April 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Man these buggers are slow to grow. Still only at seedlings

Mon August 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Finally some peppers growing out. Wanna try catch them green before they turn red. Keeping a close eye

Sat September 11, 2021 7:40 pm

A friend of Mrs Wease gave me a bunch of ghost peppers and habaneros. I really don’t know what to do with them. Other than make a salsa anyone have any ideas on what to do with them?

Sat September 11, 2021 7:55 pm

Yeah make some pepper jelly

Sat September 11, 2021 8:55 pm

You got a good recipe?

Sat September 11, 2021 11:00 pm

I pretty much follow this one. If using ghost peppers I'd maybe use one or two and the rest habaneros. Use whatever color Bell pepper you want the jelly to be.

https://food52.com/recipes/13548-habanero-pepper-jelly

Sun September 12, 2021 12:13 am

Thanks ruddo!

Mon October 18, 2021 7:29 pm

The ghost peppers I planted way back in March are finally fruiting. They're getting big but still green. I hope they mature soon. Just in time for chili season.

Thu November 04, 2021 5:08 pm

I bought this last week, and’ve been putting it on everything since.

Thu November 04, 2021 5:21 pm

Really curious about "Tamed™"

Thu November 04, 2021 5:22 pm

I think it just means pickled in this case.

Thu November 04, 2021 7:01 pm

It’s the new slick word for “farmed”

Like “tamed salmon”

Fri November 26, 2021 3:16 am

Planted these ghost peppers all the way back in March, along with a few other pepper varietals and some eggplant & okra. Everything grew early in the summer, but these ghosts just started fruiting a couple of months ago and are just now turning red. Hot as hell.

I chopped up a quarter of one yesterday and threw it into some brussels sprouts sautéed with vinegar and soy sauce. Only way to tame the heat while still getting a nice kick.
Post a reply