The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 6:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 9330
Location: here
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/_SuCSBYrFTc[/YouTube][YouTube]_SuCSBYrFTc[/YouTube]
https://youtube/_SuCSBYrFTc
[YouTube]SuCSBYrFTc[/YouTube]
C'mfu :censored: ckingon

_________________
P.s.
I'm the drummer


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 35215
Location: Buenos Aires
If you're going to use just the Youtube video ID, use the [yt] code.

Like so

Code:
[yt]_SuCSBYrFTc[/yt]




Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 3:14 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 35215
Location: Buenos Aires
I regret helping you post that


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 9330
Location: here
theplatypus wrote:
I regret helping you post that


Don't .

Sometimes I think we have the same sense of humor, but often times I find that we don't

Same:

Baman pida man
Captain falling asleep real quick and the boat
Lalala knee tunes dog

Different:

Mannequin head dances
Jenna marbles
The godamn thread

_________________
P.s.
I'm the drummer


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 12688
Location: Space City
I just discovered that my local vietnamese lunch spot serves soursop smoothies. I want to taste this fruit raw.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 12:20 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25455
Location: the beach
if balki called you and said he was coming over for dinner what would you make for him?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 2928
Location: The In Between
doug rr wrote:
if balki called you and said he was coming over for dinner what would you make for him?


I’d just give him a bottle of Bai.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 6407
Location: A Dark Place
Panera is fucking gross.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun June 17, 2018 12:41 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16716
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Why are the go-to barbecue sides always shit I don’t like? Potato salad? Shit. Baked beans? Shit. Mayonnaise-based cole slaw and/or pasta salad? Shit.

Supper was two delicious grilled chicken thighs. Everything else was shit.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun June 17, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1274
Yo pasta salad is the bomb.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue June 26, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25455
Location: the beach
i made a post in the podcast thread a bit ago and realized it should be in here...has anyone heard of or listen to Racist Sandwich podcasts? some interesting stuff in there every week


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue June 26, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 15523
Location: Dat Azz
wease wrote:
Why are the go-to barbecue sides always shit I don’t like? Potato salad? Shit. Baked beans? Shit. Mayonnaise-based cole slaw and/or pasta salad? Shit.

Supper was two delicious grilled chicken thighs. Everything else was shit.

Cole slaw goes very well with BBQ. And damn, dude, pasta salad and potato salad con be super good too. :?

_________________
theplatypus wrote:
tree_ is like an alien, forever perplexed by normal human behavior


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 2:18 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16716
Location: Where everybody knows your name
PHATJ wrote:
wease wrote:
Why are the go-to barbecue sides always shit I don’t like? Potato salad? Shit. Baked beans? Shit. Mayonnaise-based cole slaw and/or pasta salad? Shit.

Supper was two delicious grilled chicken thighs. Everything else was shit.

Cole slaw goes very well with BBQ. And damn, dude, pasta salad and potato salad con be super good too. :?

Not with all the mayonnaise in all that shit. I DO like the vinegar-based slaw, but no one makes it for home barbecues.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 28, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18583
Location: Mizzou
wease wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
wease wrote:
Why are the go-to barbecue sides always shit I don’t like? Potato salad? Shit. Baked beans? Shit. Mayonnaise-based cole slaw and/or pasta salad? Shit.

Supper was two delicious grilled chicken thighs. Everything else was shit.

Cole slaw goes very well with BBQ. And damn, dude, pasta salad and potato salad con be super good too. :?

Not with all the mayonnaise in all that shit. I DO like the vinegar-based slaw, but no one makes it for home barbecues.


Good people do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 3:27 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16716
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
wease wrote:
Why are the go-to barbecue sides always shit I don’t like? Potato salad? Shit. Baked beans? Shit. Mayonnaise-based cole slaw and/or pasta salad? Shit.

Supper was two delicious grilled chicken thighs. Everything else was shit.

Cole slaw goes very well with BBQ. And damn, dude, pasta salad and potato salad con be super good too. :?

Not with all the mayonnaise in all that shit. I DO like the vinegar-based slaw, but no one makes it for home barbecues.


Good people do.

Like me

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1833
Location: WI
What do you people expect to pay when you get a meal at a food truck? Like a sandwich + chips or whatever entree + fries.

Everyone and their mother is opening food trucks here now but they all seem expensive to me compared to what I've paid in other cities, at festivals, etc. Like $15-20 for a meal, plus more for a drink. Those are gastropub prices and I still have to sit on the fucking grass!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25574
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
$12-$16 is the going rate for nicer stuff here (banh mi, bison burger). $20 sounds crazy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1833
Location: WI
$12-15 seems about right. At one place I had a meatloaf sandwich and potatoes for $21. To add insult to injury I was charged $3 when I asked for ketchup, which turned out to be 3 types of homemade beet nonsense.

Last time I had a cuban sandwich ($11) plus rosemary truffle fries ($7). Outrageous.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue September 18, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25574
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
tmcs wrote:
$12-15 seems about right. At one place I had a meatloaf sandwich and potatoes for $21. To add insult to injury I was charged $3 when I asked for ketchup, which turned out to be 3 types of homemade beet nonsense.

Last time I had a cuban sandwich ($11) plus rosemary truffle fries ($7). Outrageous.

that bold part is garbage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 12688
Location: Space City
I was reading a short article about a local woman's masa secrets earlier this morning and started craving tamales. Right before lunch, a regular walked in with a bag full of dozens of homemade ones for me and the staff, but it's only just me and the Monday bartender here right now.

Serendipity.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wease and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 7:48 pm