Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have

Sun August 27, 2017 7:48 pm

it drives me nuts when restaurants mess around with the classic structure of dishes like corned beef hash or chilaquiles.

Sun August 27, 2017 8:12 pm

spike wrote:it drives me nuts when restaurants mess around with the classic structure of dishes like corned beef hash or chilaquiles.

You mean like when they do "deconstructed tacos" or something like that?

Sun August 27, 2017 9:23 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:it drives me nuts when restaurants mess around with the classic structure of dishes like corned beef hash or chilaquiles.

You mean like when they do "deconstructed tacos" or something like that?

Yeah, kinda. Like when you order hash and they bring out big slices of corned beef atop home fries or something. It should be little bits of hash and tater comingling together.

Thu September 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Carousel sushi is fucking gross.

Thu September 07, 2017 11:11 pm

WTF is that?

Thu September 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Why's it gross? The place I've been to makes the sushi fresh on the spot and they don't last very long on the conveyor belt

Thu September 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Is this where it's on that belt and it goes by everyone at the restaurant)

Wed September 13, 2017 9:47 pm

i had a thought that tomorrow night i was going to go pick up a small bag of deep fried okra at dickie's bbq and then drive to mcdonalds and get a 10 piece mcnugget and then put the okra between 2 mgnuggets..

Fri November 10, 2017 5:03 am

King's Hawaiian style hot dog buns may be one of the best things ever. That sweet Hawaiian roll taste we love, as a hot dog bun which is split down the middle from the top, not the side. God, it's the little things

Fri November 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Their hamburger buns are great, too.

Thu November 16, 2017 1:06 am

Have any RMers ever made a great honest-to-god ramen before? I'd like to tackle it this winter but not sure where to start. My Asian cooking knowledge is relatively limited.

Thu November 16, 2017 4:28 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Have any RMers ever made a great honest-to-god ramen before? I'd like to tackle it this winter but not sure where to start. My Asian cooking knowledge is relatively limited.

Man, watching it being done at true ramen places really makes me think it would be kind of difficult

Thu November 16, 2017 8:41 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Have any RMers ever made a great honest-to-god ramen before? I'd like to tackle it this winter but not sure where to start. My Asian cooking knowledge is relatively limited.

My wife makes fantastic ramen all the time.

Thu November 16, 2017 10:29 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

Get me her recipe please.

Thu November 16, 2017 10:31 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Sure thing. I know she mixes it up all the time. But I'll get the basics for you and also some suggestions, too.

Thu November 16, 2017 11:36 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Sure thing. I know she mixes it up all the time. But I'll get the basics for you and also some suggestions, too.

I'm pretty pumped for this.

Fri November 17, 2017 3:49 am

i ate tacos and bbq in austin tx last weekend..i wasn't impressed

Fri November 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Does a classic jail spread count?

Fri November 17, 2017 10:14 pm

dpupenya wrote:

No, but I could use a new pruno recipe.

Fri November 17, 2017 10:54 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
dpupenya wrote:

No, but I could use a new pruno recipe.

I shit you not I have 2 jail cookbooks and there is a pruno recipe in one... now that I think about it possibly both..
Actually here is both... I think it's in the 2nd one. The first is actually a kinda cool book

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_s ... 0K76S8OKF2
Post a reply