The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Food-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat June 29, 2019 1:23 pm 
Major Dude

That doesn’t mean you need to wear it.

PostPosted: Sat June 29, 2019 2:06 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Why do you guys hate aromas so much? So much of the joy that comes from food comes from the smell.

Not all over my goddamn hands

PostPosted: Sat June 29, 2019 2:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

you guys don't want to smell my fingers?

PostPosted: Sat June 29, 2019 2:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I guess we all have our triggers.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i really really hate when people eat at a restaurant and put their cloth/linen napkins on top of their dirty, empty plate..

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
i really really hate when people eat at a restaurant and put their cloth/linen napkins on top of their dirty, empty plate..

why

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

i really hate when you're at a restaurant and they start clearing the table and removing plates while others are still eating the main course.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

its kind of like tapping on the glass to me..i just find it rude in a way

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:37 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
i really hate when you're at a restaurant and they start clearing the table and removing plates while others are still eating the main course.

There are two ways of thinking on this: Yours (totally common), and the other which is that it's poor service to leave a guest with an empty plate of post-consumer food slime staring them in the face.

I've got no strong opinion about it, but I just wanted to point out that in nicer restaurants it's entirely intentional, and not merely a matter of the waiter wanting to wrap things up or some such.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

There are two ways of thinking on this: Yours (totally common), and the other which is that it's poor service to leave a guest with an empty plate of post-consumer food slime staring them in the face.

I've got no strong opinion about it, but I just wanted to point out that in nicer restaurants it's entirely intentional, and not merely a matter of the waiter wanting to wrap things up or some such.

i rarely have this happen in nicer restaurants.*

the problem with it is that it makes the person still eating feeling awkward.

*Edit: like higher-end, nicer restaurants

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:48 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

I agree it's more weird in a more low-key establishment. When I waited tables in a high-end place, we were all expected to clear the plate once it hadn't been touched for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

can you articulate what you find rude about it? if not, no biggie. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm honestly just curious. I think I probably do it more often than not (without really thinking about it) but I'd like to stop or at least be conscious of it if it's rude, y'know?

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 9:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

I agree it's more weird in a more low-key establishment. When I waited tables in a high-end place, we were all expected to clear the plate once it hadn't been touched for a few minutes.

in the interests of full disclosure, I find this happening to me more because I tend to be a slow eater. my wife will intentionally leave something on her plate so the staff won't automatically clear it.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

You know what I hate... when the wife is finished and ready to get the fuck out but I just HAVE to finish the fries we were sharing. The server is all, "can I clear this away for you?" She's like, "yep!" and I'm like "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FRIES, IF YOU WANT FRIES GET YOUR OWN FRIES!"

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

can you articulate what you find rude about it? if not, no biggie. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm honestly just curious. I think I probably do it more often than not (without really thinking about it) but I'd like to stop or at least be conscious of it if it's rude, y'know?

I've never been one to articulate, joe :)
i just find it rude and not necessary..just fold it up and place it next to the plate..shrugs

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

i just find it rude and not necessary..just fold it up and place it next to the plate..shrugs

do you fold your paper napkin and place it neatly next to the empty mcnugz box? because i just crumple that fucker and throw it in the box. sometimes it even gets sweet & sour sauce on it.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

do you fold your paper napkin and place it neatly next to the empty mcnugz box? because i just crumple that fucker and throw it in the box. sometimes it even gets sweet & sour sauce on it.

this was about nicer linen and cotton napkins at a restaurant...i throw my paper napkins out of my car window

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:14 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

this was about nicer linen and cotton napkins at a restaurant...i throw my paper napkins out of my car window

post a pic of your mcdonald's. here's our local one:

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:15 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

:thumbsup:

I gotcha. No worries, man. I think I really only do it in places where the service is less attentive, as a sign to come over and clear stuff. But I can totally see why even that is weird. I'll make sure I check myself on it. I know I don't always do it. So if there's no specific reason, it seems kinda stupid.

PostPosted: Mon July 01, 2019 10:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

why

:thumbsup:

I gotcha. No worries, man. I think I really only do it in places where the service is less attentive, as a sign to come over and clear stuff. But I can totally see why even that is weird. I'll make sure I check myself on it. I know I don't always do it. So if there's no specific reason, it seems kinda stupid.

no worries, also my mom used to tell me its just more work that someone has to do has far as cleaning goes...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 125  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining