Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=537
Page 27 of 27

Author:  Bammer [ Sat October 17, 2020 3:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

Author:  doug rr [ Sat October 17, 2020 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

Author:  Chris_H_2 [ Sat October 17, 2020 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

try having twins

Author:  Bammer [ Sun October 18, 2020 5:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

Author:  doug rr [ Tue November 03, 2020 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

Author:  Chris_H_2 [ Tue November 03, 2020 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

doug rr wrote:
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

i'm glad things are finally turning around for you doug. :thumbsup:

Author:  doug rr [ Wed November 04, 2020 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

i'm glad things are finally turning around for you doug. :thumbsup:

the michter's 10 got me through last night...

Author:  Chris_H_2 [ Wed November 04, 2020 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
heading back home today, but man, what a haul i scored..lots of good stuff...we'll be celebrating or crying soon but i'm set...

i'm glad things are finally turning around for you doug. :thumbsup:

the michter's 10 got me through last night...

i sipped a bourbon-barrel-aged stout (14.5%). i haven't had one of those in forever. i wanted to feel like it was 2012 again.

Author:  doug rr [ Mon November 09, 2020 2:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

i'm having a bourbon right now..

Author:  epilogue [ Mon November 09, 2020 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

Author:  Bammer [ Mon November 09, 2020 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

So you said it was great because you didn’t like it. Ok got it.

Author:  epilogue [ Tue November 10, 2020 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

Bammer wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

So you said it was great because you didn’t like it. Ok got it.

Not a fan of sarcasm, huh? No worries. Nuance isn't for everyone.

I'll be literal to clear things up a bit. It's not a good product. The flavor is overwhelming and worthless outside of mixing with strong tea. Most people who drink bourbon don't just want to mix it. Often times they enjoy it straight (even neat!) and not just as a mixer. As a mixer, on ice, masked by tea, this stuff is serviceable. But it's not great on its own. As much as I enjoy Bird Dog products in general, this stuff is not something I'd recommend.

However, if you already have a bottle, try mixing it with iced tea. That's the only way I'd even pretend to recommend consuming it.

Hope that helps!

Author:  Bammer [ Wed November 11, 2020 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s nice to get the validation here that I have a distinguished palate.

no, you drink that brown sugar bourbon stuff...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Had some Bird Dog Peach Bourbon this past week. It was great in iced tea.

That wasn't an endorsement of the product though, Bam.

So you said it was great because you didn’t like it. Ok got it.

Not a fan of sarcasm, huh? No worries. Nuance isn't for everyone.

I'll be literal to clear things up a bit. It's not a good product. The flavor is overwhelming and worthless outside of mixing with strong tea. Most people who drink bourbon don't just want to mix it. Often times they enjoy it straight (even neat!) and not just as a mixer. As a mixer, on ice, masked by tea, this stuff is serviceable. But it's not great on its own. As much as I enjoy Bird Dog products in general, this stuff is not something I'd recommend.

However, if you already have a bottle, try mixing it with iced tea. That's the only way I'd even pretend to recommend consuming it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Image

Author:  epilogue [ Wed November 11, 2020 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

Image

Author:  Bammer [ Fri November 13, 2020 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

doug rr wrote:
not a fan of makers either..you should still put a dab in the infinity though

So I finally choked down the last pour of this last night, saving a finger or two and put that in the infinity botttle. I am worried I ruined it. Never drinking makers again, it was gross.

Author:  epilogue [ Sun November 15, 2020 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Whisky, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon

Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
not a fan of makers either..you should still put a dab in the infinity though

So I finally choked down the last pour of this last night, saving a finger or two and put that in the infinity botttle. I am worried I ruined it. Never drinking makers again, it was gross.

It's crazy how I used to love Maker's Mark back before I knew better. As my exposure to good bourbon has expanded, I've grown to enjoy MM less and less. It's really not great. Everyone great once in a while I'll still get a weird hankering for a Maker's and ginger, though. And when I crave one, it really hits the spot.

Page 27 of 27 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/