Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: The condiment thread

Thu August 06, 2015 1:05 am

Guys, this mustard is so fucking delicious

Thu August 06, 2015 1:10 am

Not sure if this qualifies, but this Adirondack horseradish cheese spread I'm eating is unbelievable.

Tue November 03, 2015 2:50 am

Just got some hot mustard powder at the Asian market. :heartbeat:

Sat February 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Avocado oil mayo is fantastic

Sat February 18, 2017 9:41 pm

a guy i work with makes his own bbq sauce using ghost peppers, etc. he hooked me up with a jar and it's pretty amazing. very hot, yes, but the depth of flavor from the peppers and whatever else is in there is the true accomplishment. i'm not a "i'd drink this sauce" guy, but i could almost drink this stuff.

Tue October 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I don't eat fast food anymore, but when someone I know goes to Arby's, I always ask if they'll grab me some packs of their 3 pepper sauce. That stuff is so delicious

Thu October 12, 2017 2:42 am

spike wrote:a guy i work with makes his own bbq sauce using ghost peppers, etc. he hooked me up with a jar and it's pretty amazing. very hot, yes, but the depth of flavor from the peppers and whatever else is in there is the true accomplishment. i'm not a "i'd drink this sauce" guy, but i could almost drink this stuff.

This is what some people don't get about why others like spicy food so much. Every chile has an incredibly different flavor and some of them are really unlike any other type of vegetable or aromatic. It's not just the heat, it's the earthy, savory, ridiculously complex flavors you can only get from chiles.

Thu October 12, 2017 2:49 am

Orpheus wrote:
spike wrote:a guy i work with makes his own bbq sauce using ghost peppers, etc. he hooked me up with a jar and it's pretty amazing. very hot, yes, but the depth of flavor from the peppers and whatever else is in there is the true accomplishment. i'm not a "i'd drink this sauce" guy, but i could almost drink this stuff.

This is what some people don't get about why others like spicy food so much. Every chile has an incredibly different flavor and some of them are really unlike any other type of vegetable or aromatic. It's not just the heat, it's the earthy, savory, ridiculously complex flavors you can only get from chiles.

:nice:

Fri April 05, 2019 6:00 pm

i'm smoking a pork shoulder next week and i ended up ordering this from seeing it on a bbq show the other day...it arrived yesterday and just tasting it, its a wonderful vinegar based sauce..

Fri April 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Yeah that's a good sauce.

Also, I bought some Nandos spicy mayo. :li:

Fri April 05, 2019 8:52 pm

doug rr wrote:i'm smoking a pork shoulder next week and i ended up ordering this from seeing it on a bbq show the other day...it arrived yesterday and just tasting it, its a wonderful vinegar based sauce..

According to the label, you can put it on the fish you’re having tonight.

Fri January 03, 2020 11:24 pm

I love the hot mustard chinese places have. You don't so much taste it, as you feel it coming out of your nose and eyes.

Fri January 03, 2020 11:29 pm

Self wrote:I love the hot mustard chinese places have. You don't so much taste it, as you feel it coming out of your nose and eyes.

we had some left over my junior year of college. one of my roommates passed out pretty good; we actually thought he was going to die from alcohol poisoning. but of course, rather than call the paramedics, we opted to take matters into our own hands to make him come to -- we put some of the hot mustard under his nose. worked like a charm.

Fri January 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Self wrote:I love the hot mustard chinese places have. You don't so much taste it, as you feel it coming out of your nose and eyes.

we had some left over my junior year of college. one of my roommates passed out pretty good; we actually thought he was going to die from alcohol poisoning. but of course, rather than call the paramedics, we opted to take matters into our own hands to make him come to -- we put some of the hot mustard under his nose. worked like a charm.

Nice. It does smell like you shouldn't eat it.

Thu January 16, 2020 2:42 am

my wife is making home made harissa right now and i can't stop sneezing...i love harissa

Thu January 16, 2020 3:33 am

doug rr wrote:my wife is making home made harissa right now and i can't stop sneezing...i love harissa

:hooray:

Mon March 22, 2021 4:42 pm

Mon March 22, 2021 5:32 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Image

Tue April 20, 2021 11:17 pm

I make this condiment - feel free to ape:

2 tablespoons Mayo
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 clove garlic (pressed)
1/4 lime juiced
Salt to taste

Big hit in my house especially on tacos (specifically fish)

You can also do the same thing but substitute 1/2 overripe avocado instead of sriracha and get a whole different but equally enjoyable condiment.

Wed April 21, 2021 12:03 am

Guys, Kewpie Mayo.
Post a reply