The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
Its time for a thread where those of us who are challenged with a fast metabolism can congregate and strategize on how to gain weight.

I weigh roughly 170...which is probably too thin for my 6 foot 3 frame. I know I could easily gain weight with junk, but i'm guessing there are better ways. Has anyone ever added weight intentionally that didn't end up as a fat deposit in their mid section?

They are building a Chipotle in my neighborhood, so this problem will soon take care of itself. But I am willing to listen to tips in advance of this happening...

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 2:38 am
Posts: 743
Location: Gulfport, MS
Free weights will add muscle which = weight. Ive got a fast metabolism and 7 years ago @ age 25 I weighed 156. I put on muscle and went up to 174 w/o getting too beefy. Now Im 32 and my metabolism is slowing and Im around 180 with a little less muscle. Im 5'11".

In short hit the weights for fat free weight gain.

_________________
Less judgement, more curiosity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:00 pm
Posts: 483
Location: Buffalo, NY
Drink good beer. Weight will follow.

_________________
More beer talk = A better life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 2:38 am
Posts: 743
Location: Gulfport, MS
vegman wrote:
Drink good beer. Weight will follow.



:thumbsup: truth. :cry:

_________________
Less judgement, more curiosity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2013 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24773
verb_to_trust wrote:
Its time for a thread where those of us who are challenged with a fast metabolism can congregate and strategize on how to gain weight.

I weigh roughly 170...which is probably too thin for my 6 foot 3 frame. I know I could easily gain weight with junk, but i'm guessing there are better ways. Has anyone ever added weight intentionally that didn't end up as a fat deposit in their mid section?

They are building a Chipotle in my neighborhood, so this problem will soon take care of itself. But I am willing to listen to tips in advance of this happening...

:finger:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 25, 2013 4:02 am
Posts: 1853
take some creatine and don't work out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
If I'm going to take the creatine I may as well work out too.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 25, 2013 4:02 am
Posts: 1853
verb_to_trust wrote:
If I'm going to take the creatine I may as well work out too.


well, yea.

but who the hell wants to work out?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
Those guys in the work out thread. I heard they do planks....

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 25, 2013 4:02 am
Posts: 1853
verb_to_trust wrote:
Those guys in the work out thread. I heard they do planks....


damn plank loving pillocks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 15685
Location: here
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Its time for a thread where those of us who are challenged with a fast metabolism can congregate and strategize on how to gain weight.

I weigh roughly 170...which is probably too thin for my 6 foot 3 frame. I know I could easily gain weight with junk, but i'm guessing there are better ways. Has anyone ever added weight intentionally that didn't end up as a fat deposit in their mid section?

They are building a Chipotle in my neighborhood, so this problem will soon take care of itself. But I am willing to listen to tips in advance of this happening...

:finger:


I hear the tip of a middle finger :o

_________________
wease wrote:
I had bagels this morning


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 21, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 4:04 am
Posts: 485
fuck this shit. ive embraced my scrawniness


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Mon April 22, 2013 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 5059
Eat. A lot. About 20 calories per pound of bodyweight has worked well for me for putting on weight w/o adding too much body fat, provided I eat decently well for the most part. One summer after getting discouraged from working out and not putting on weight I trained hard and added a pizza a day to my diet. That was stupid. I put on like 15 pounds in 10 weeks, but it was a lot of fat. I've struggled for years to gain weight, but right now I'm eating about 3200 calories (mostly clean) a day and that seems to be about right for me to put on about half a pound a week w/o adding much fat.

Train. I'm a big believer in free weight compound moves: deadlifts, squats, overhead press, bench, rows, pullups, cleans. Depending on how much you've worked out/how long it's been I highly recommend checking out Starting Strength if it's been awhile.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 28, 2013 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
4/5 wrote:
Eat. A lot. About 20 calories per pound of bodyweight has worked well for me for putting on weight w/o adding too much body fat, provided I eat decently well for the most part. One summer after getting discouraged from working out and not putting on weight I trained hard and added a pizza a day to my diet. That was stupid. I put on like 15 pounds in 10 weeks, but it was a lot of fat. I've struggled for years to gain weight, but right now I'm eating about 3200 calories (mostly clean) a day and that seems to be about right for me to put on about half a pound a week w/o adding much fat.

Train. I'm a big believer in free weight compound moves: deadlifts, squats, overhead press, bench, rows, pullups, cleans. Depending on how much you've worked out/how long it's been I highly recommend checking out Starting Strength if it's been awhile.


:thumbsup:

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
I was away for work all week and ate nothing but trash. I'm up about 5 lbs. :P

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 10, 2013 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 3:53 pm
Posts: 197
Location: Philly, yo
Drink meal replacement shakes (boost, instant breakfast) in between regular meals. Dr recommended this to me years ago when I needed to pack on a few after a 4 month bout of mono.

_________________
<3 j


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 10, 2013 6:49 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 3088
tuna and pasta for lunch
burgers/steaks for dinner
lift like a madman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 13, 2013 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 7088
i could fill this thread up with ease....

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 13, 2013 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 12108
Location: there all is aching
what do they do with all the fat the lyposuck out of people? maybe you could have some of that.

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weight Gain Thread
PostPosted: Sun July 14, 2013 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27635
Location: Illinois
I'm up about 5 pounds since I started this thread

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue April 20, 2021 3:58 am