Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Easy, Healthy Meals

Sat July 29, 2017 3:13 am

What should I filet next? There is no fish I can't filet.

Sat July 29, 2017 3:14 am

Reminisce about orcas you miss itt.

Sat July 29, 2017 3:16 am

what were your tuna's names on the old board?

Sat July 29, 2017 3:18 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:what were your tuna's names on the old board?

Could've finessed that into a betta fish joke and made ruddo laugh. :cop:

Sun May 13, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm enjoying a salmon ponzu bowl right now. Half rice and half spring mix. Hawaiian Poke is about as easy and as healthy as it comes.

Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Farfalle, mushrooms, spinach and olive oil. Topped with parmesan.

Sun May 13, 2018 9:06 pm

I’ve never had farfalle

Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 am

Roasted halved spaghetti squash with sage browned butter and pecorino Romano

Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 am

Balki wrote:Roasted halved spaghetti squash with sage browned butter and pecorino Romano

I do not consider this an "easy" meal.

Mon May 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Lots of grilling this time of year. Marinated chicken breasts with your choice of veggie. Usually an iced tea or something to wash it down.

Mon May 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Lots of grilling this time of year. Marinated chicken breasts with your choice of veggie. Usually an iced tea or something to wash it down.

Grilling is one of life's simplest pleasures.

Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Lots of grilling this time of year. Marinated chicken breasts with your choice of veggie. Usually an iced tea or something to wash it down.

Grilling is one of life's simplest pleasures.

Indeed. I wish I would get more into smoking meats, but I just don't have the patience.

Thu May 24, 2018 4:32 am

Pan-seared pork chops with butter, salt, pepper and a splash of Irish cream and roasted broccoli with olive oil, sea salt and parmesan.

Thu May 24, 2018 4:34 am

nice one R2D

Sat May 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Chicken breast with heavy whipping cream, lemon and capers over angel hair.

Thu April 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Cucumber and carrot pasta tossed with avocado, pine nuts and ponzu.

Fri January 03, 2020 5:55 pm

I thought we had a dieting thread? Maybe we do.

Anyway, I'm posting to say I'm jumping on the Whole 30 bandwagon this January, starting today. I had to get a gigantic New Year's Day brunch in, and my wife and I had pasta and a nice bottle of wine last night to celebrate my last night as a carb loaded man for a while.

I'm well aware of the criticisms of this diet. "You won't get all yr nutrients cutting out nuts and grains", "you will relapse hard afterwards", "you won't lose weight". Blah Blah. I want to stress that I eat far too much bread and cheese. I've been eating too much sweet treats lately too. I could also afford to cut booze for a month. I think restricting myself to meats, veggies and fruit for a month would do me a bit of good.

Anyway, I'm excited about this challenge and I'm wondering how many RMers have had mental or physical success in the past? Main thing I hope to get out of this is to not feel so bloated and tired all the god damn time.

Fri January 03, 2020 6:00 pm

rip reid

:peace:

Fri January 03, 2020 6:02 pm

on another note, i wanted to start eating more of a mediterranean diet that is more fish, bean/legume, olive oil, vegetable based and where meat is only introduced sparingly (and if so, only as a side). this diet is extremely time-consuming to prepare meals and expensive. i don't think i have the patience.

Fri January 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:on another note, i wanted to start eating more of a mediterranean diet that is more fish, bean/legume, olive oil, vegetable based and where meat is only introduced sparingly (and if so, only as a side). this diet is extremely time-consuming to prepare meals and expensive. i don't think i have the patience.

We do a lot of this, and our "local" (one hour away) co-op has been a godsend, because they have a killer olive bar. We load up on olives, olive-oil cured tomatoes, cheese, grape leaves, then just supplement with hummus, baba ghanoush, fish/meat, etc.
Post a reply