The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275 ... 294  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21430
Location: the beach
pasta and meatballs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6482
Location: the lake
The wife is supposed to make stuffed green peppers but we will see!

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36493
Finally made that foie gras I bought a while back. First time I’ve ever tried it. It was kind of amazing. Not really like anything I’ve eaten before. Didn’t even taste like meat. It was almost like eggs, bacon, and French toast all in one.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9249
Location: Space City
Good description. What did you eat it with?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36493
washing machine wrote:
Good description. What did you eat it with?

Ate it by itself as a sort of appetizer before steak and asparagus.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9249
Location: Space City
Try it inside the cut on a butterflied filet sometime.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
Burgers on the grill

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49956
leftover Cobb salad and a sandwich i found in the break room

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12695
Location: Where everybody knows your name
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
leftover Cobb salad and a sandwich i found in the break room

Was the sandwich yours?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49956
wease wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
leftover Cobb salad and a sandwich i found in the break room

Was the sandwich yours?

it was in a box with other sandwiches

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12695
Location: Where everybody knows your name
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
wease wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
leftover Cobb salad and a sandwich i found in the break room

Was the sandwich yours?

it was in a box with other sandwiches

Oh, I was hoping you had absconded with another’s sandwich.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49956
wease wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
wease wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
leftover Cobb salad and a sandwich i found in the break room

Was the sandwich yours?

it was in a box with other sandwiches

Oh, I was hoping you had absconded with another’s sandwich.

i’m no tree

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6482
Location: the lake
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
wease wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
wease wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
leftover Cobb salad and a sandwich i found in the break room

Was the sandwich yours?

it was in a box with other sandwiches

Oh, I was hoping you had absconded with another’s sandwich.

i’m no tree

Hey I've changed my ways. I felt bad and now I'm a better human being.

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 6482
Location: the lake
Wife's making steaks with mushrooms and asparagus mmmmmmmm

_________________
Knob hockey radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
Chicken salad sammiches with the leftover (frozen and defrosted) smoked chicken from 2 weeks back.
Chopped up chicken, greek yogurt, mayo, crushed smoked almonds, rosemary, salt, pepper, chives, and boston lettuce

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50867
Location: Sector 7-G
leftover chinese food


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5241
Location: Washington State
Actually from a few days ago but whatevs.

Due to my wife telling my I had to make something with ricotta cheese (and suggestions from the board) I made Ricotta and Spinach Calzones. I changed the recipe a bit - I had a 12oz container of cheese - but also added some sautéed mushrooms/onions and some sliced black olives and a little feta to Greek it up.

Amazing recipe.

Last night was meatloaf. I've been having issues with the recipe lately, I'm not sure why because it's pretty straightforward. But last night it came out a little dry. Hmm. We'll be having those leftovers tonight, something called a hedgehog? I don't remember the actual title of the recipe, but it's basically meatloaf chunks in tomato soup.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Last edited by bune on Mon April 30, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49956
bune wrote:
Actually from a few days ago but whatevs.

Due to my wife telling my I had to make something with ricotta cheese (and suggestions from the board) I made Ricotta and Spinach Calzones. I changed the recipe a bit - I had a 12oz container of cheese - but also added some sautéed mushrooms/onions and some sliced black olives and a little feta to Greek it up.

Amazing recipe.

Last night was meatloaf. I've been having issues with the recipe lately, I'm not sure why because it's pretty straightforward. But last night it came out a little dry. Hmm.

put more water

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5241
Location: Washington State
I don't put any water in my meatloaf though...well, can't hurt.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you making tonight?
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
bune wrote:
Actually from a few days ago but whatevs.

Due to my wife telling my I had to make something with ricotta cheese (and suggestions from the board) I made Ricotta and Spinach Calzones. I changed the recipe a bit - I had a 12oz container of cheese - but also added some sautéed mushrooms/onions and some sliced black olives and a little feta to Greek it up.

Amazing recipe.

Last night was meatloaf. I've been having issues with the recipe lately, I'm not sure why because it's pretty straightforward. But last night it came out a little dry. Hmm.

put more water


*chicken broth

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275 ... 294  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri August 17, 2018 6:02 am