grilled cheese and tomato soup

Re: What are you making tonight?

Tue February 20, 2018 9:14 pm

doug rr wrote:grilled cheese and tomato soup

DOUG! How's the best coast?

Tue February 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Balki wrote:
Balki wrote:Tonight will be smoked meatloaf with baked potatoes and carrots.
My brother and I created a meatloaf recipe a few years back and it ended up being pretty killer. Then we smoked it and made it even better.

During the day today I'll be putting together the ingredients and then forming it up at around 2:00 or so. I'll put it on the smoke soon thereafter for a big titties dinner later.

Made a paste of onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and tomato paste. Fried up some bacon and then removed it. Added the veggie paste to the bacon fat and fried it to concentrate the flavors.
Chopped up the bacon and added it to a pound of ground pork and a pound and a third of 90/10 ground beast.
Let the veggie paste cool while adding an egg and egg an white to the meat mixture along with a half cup breadcrumbs, and a tablespoon of worcester.
Added in the veggie paste and mixed everything thoroughly.
Putting into 2 aluminum bread pans that I've poked holes in the bottom and sides of.
Going to paint the tops of each with a glaze of ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cumin.

Will smoke with hickory at 250 till they get to 160. Serving with glazed carrots and a baked potato.

On the smoke at 5:28 ET. Hoping they'll hit 160 but 7:00. Photos to follow...

Wed February 21, 2018 1:00 am

smoked beastloaf is a pretty great idea. i smoked cheeseburgers a few years ago and they were nuts.

Wed February 21, 2018 1:49 am

Balki wrote:
Balki wrote:
Balki wrote:Tonight will be smoked meatloaf with baked potatoes and carrots.
My brother and I created a meatloaf recipe a few years back and it ended up being pretty killer. Then we smoked it and made it even better.

During the day today I'll be putting together the ingredients and then forming it up at around 2:00 or so. I'll put it on the smoke soon thereafter for a big titties dinner later.

Made a paste of onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and tomato paste. Fried up some bacon and then removed it. Added the veggie paste to the bacon fat and fried it to concentrate the flavors.
Chopped up the bacon and added it to a pound of ground pork and a pound and a third of 90/10 ground beast.
Let the veggie paste cool while adding an egg and egg an white to the meat mixture along with a half cup breadcrumbs, and a tablespoon of worcester.
Added in the veggie paste and mixed everything thoroughly.
Putting into 2 aluminum bread pans that I've poked holes in the bottom and sides of.
Going to paint the tops of each with a glaze of ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cumin.

Will smoke with hickory at 250 till they get to 160. Serving with glazed carrots and a baked potato.

On the smoke at 5:28 ET. Hoping they'll hit 160 but 7:00. Photos to follow...

Boom

Wed February 21, 2018 3:06 pm

gross

Wed February 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Grilled chicken leg quarters and roasted brussels sprouts. Chicken is marinating right now in garlic, shallots, lemon, rosemary, and olive oil

Thu February 22, 2018 2:40 am

Chicken curry stew

Fri February 23, 2018 2:54 am

sunny side up eggs, sausage and hash browns

Fri February 23, 2018 7:35 pm

chicken enchiladas

Sat February 24, 2018 7:04 am

Tonight was the first time in my life that I cooked a steak perfectly. It was incredible.

Sat February 24, 2018 12:56 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Tonight was the first time in my life that I cooked a steak perfectly. It was incredible.

Cut?

Sat February 24, 2018 8:36 pm

wease wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Tonight was the first time in my life that I cooked a steak perfectly. It was incredible.

Cut?

yeah, lv works out

Sat February 24, 2018 8:40 pm

wease wrote:

Cut?

I forget exactly, but it was bone-in.

I just made this:

Sat February 24, 2018 9:48 pm

christ lv, learn your cuts

Sat February 24, 2018 10:10 pm

They were New York strip

Sat February 24, 2018 10:11 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:They were New York strip