Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: What are you making tonight?

Sun January 06, 2013 8:23 pm

washing machine II wrote:That's something that I wish I could afford.

do you use oyster mushrooms much? I use those a lot

Sun January 06, 2013 8:25 pm

I don't use any mushrooms as of yet, but I may attempt a soup this week. I just work in a restaurant and see plenty of variety is all.

Sun January 06, 2013 8:31 pm

out

Sun January 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Going out to eat tonight. Trying April Bloomfield's new taco joint - Salvation Taco.

Can. Not. Wait.

Sun January 06, 2013 8:48 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Going out to eat tonight. Trying April Bloomfield's new taco joint - Salvation Taco.

Can. Not. Wait.

give me a report later on this...i miss having breakfast at the spotted pig on sundays

Sun January 06, 2013 8:58 pm

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Going out to eat tonight. Trying April Bloomfield's new taco joint - Salvation Taco.

Can. Not. Wait.

give me a report later on this...i miss having breakfast at the spotted pig on sundays

Will do. She's probably my favorite chef in the city right now. I'll let you know all about it.

Did you ever have her Oyster Pan Roast at John Dory? Shit changed my life.

Sun January 06, 2013 9:01 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Can. Not. Wait.

Will do. She's probably my favorite chef in the city right now. I'll let you know all about it.

I only ever had drinks there, didnt get a chance to eat before we moved..

Sun January 06, 2013 9:03 pm

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Can. Not. Wait.

I only ever had drinks there, didnt get a chance to eat before we moved..

Next time you're back, do the Oyster Pan Roast. It's one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life.

Sun January 06, 2013 9:06 pm

will do...explain it

Sun January 06, 2013 9:13 pm

The dish?

It's sort of a soup. A cream soup; lots of butter and oil, vermouth and garlic. Oysters shucked and whole with their liquor put in. Served with toasted bread, and usually with an uni butter.

Sun January 06, 2013 9:45 pm

doug rr wrote:

Can. Not. Wait.

Spotted Pig is a place I need to get back to.

Sun January 06, 2013 10:27 pm

EJ wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Can. Not. Wait.

Spotted Pig is a place I need to get back to.

All of Bloomfield's joints are great. She's a rockstar, man. Spotted Pig is heaven.

Mon January 07, 2013 12:36 am

penne pasta and andouille chicken sausage in a jar of maggiano's marinara

Tue January 08, 2013 12:10 am

cheeseburgers with a big bag of Lays potato chips and cherry garcia for dessert

Tue January 08, 2013 1:45 am

doug rr wrote:cheeseburgers with a big bag of Lays potato chips and cherry garcia for dessert

wrestle me

Tue January 08, 2013 6:19 pm

doug rr wrote:

Can. Not. Wait.

Dude! Go!

It's off the hook. They don't even have their full menu yet. Just tacos and some snacks. Everything we had was amazing from the pig ears to the lamb on naan tacos. The space is quirky and welcoming - two bars, ping-pong table, mismatched couches and rustic tables, books everywhere. Part of it feels like a rusted, dirty cantina. Part of, a sports bar. Part of it a speakeasy. Part of it a hotel lobby/lounge.

It's wonderful, laid back, and expertly staffed. Great, great food. Highly recommend it. And some really fresh, exciting cocktails.

Tue January 08, 2013 7:40 pm

I, I don't know...

Wed January 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Sloppy Joes!

Wed January 09, 2013 10:16 pm

It's one of the nastiest days we've had in a while now, so I'm probably going to improvise for dinner tonight. I wonder if a soup made from canned peas and vegetable stock with bits of sausage in it would be a good idea.

Wed January 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Sounds kinda gross. I would probably like it, though.
Post a reply