Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

The Coffee Appreciation Thread
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=272
Page 26 of 31

Author:  96583UP [ Sat July 25, 2020 2:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Image

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Sat July 25, 2020 2:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Image

I mean I would have went with this, but whatever

Author:  Bammer [ Sat July 25, 2020 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

*gone with

Author:  96583UP [ Sat July 25, 2020 2:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

i chose to emphasize the thrill of pre-percolation

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Sat July 25, 2020 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Bammer wrote:
*gone with

Thank you

Author:  Bammer [ Wed November 11, 2020 3:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

I am really, really enjoying my coffee this morning

Author:  Monkey_Driven [ Wed November 11, 2020 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Bammer wrote:
I am really, really enjoying my coffee this morning


What's your go to order?

Author:  Bammer [ Fri November 13, 2020 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I am really, really enjoying my coffee this morning


What's your go to order?

Americano or drip (black). Sometimes an espresso shot.

Author:  doug rr [ Fri November 13, 2020 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Bammer wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I am really, really enjoying my coffee this morning


What's your go to order?

Americano or drip (black). Sometimes an espresso shot.

how much brown sugar do you put in it?

Author:  Bammer [ Fri November 13, 2020 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

doug rr wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I am really, really enjoying my coffee this morning


What's your go to order?

Americano or drip (black). Sometimes an espresso shot.

how much brown sugar do you put in it?

That’s a fair question :lol:

And the answer is ZERO

Author:  VinylGuy [ Fri November 13, 2020 6:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

This year i have been taking pretty much every brand of coffee into my nespresso. They are all pretty good.

Author:  washing machine [ Fri November 13, 2020 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

I've resorted to using Folgers grinds in refillable k-cups lately.

Not because I can't afford good coffee. I just don't have the energy to make a french press with my round-the-clock work and household schedule right now.

Author:  dad [ Sun November 22, 2020 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Just splurged on this. I really wanted to get a moccamaster, but couldn’t justify spending that kind of money right now. We make a pot of coffee everyday using a simple black and decker 12 cup. I’ve tried french press, aero press, pour over cones for single cups, etc. I’m by no means a barista, but I do love coffee. This purchase may force me into buying better beans, maybe even consuming less coffee because of the tab good beans can run up. Still, I’m looking forward to seeing how good the coffee from this could be.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/product ... ffeemaker/

Image

Author:  washing machine [ Wed November 25, 2020 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

washing machine wrote:
I've resorted to using Folgers grinds in refillable k-cups lately.

Not because I can't afford good coffee. I just don't have the energy to make a french press with my round-the-clock work and household schedule right now.

This was a dumb post and I've since burned through two bags of sight glass single origin.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Wed November 25, 2020 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

washing machine wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I've resorted to using Folgers grinds in refillable k-cups lately.

Not because I can't afford good coffee. I just don't have the energy to make a french press with my round-the-clock work and household schedule right now.

This was a dumb post and I've since burned through two bags of sight glass single origin.

Thank Christ, I was worried about you.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Wed November 25, 2020 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Y’all need to try some honey process coffee. Worth buying online if your local roasters don’t offer it.

Author:  washing machine [ Wed November 25, 2020 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

Good coffee is worth waking up half an hour earlier to prepare.

Also, once you have that black gold pumping through your veins you're not even groggy anymore.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Wed November 25, 2020 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

washing machine wrote:
Good coffee is worth waking up half an hour earlier to prepare.

Also, once you have that black gold pumping through your veins you're not even groggy anymore.

Also the only moments of self-care a parent gets are maybe A) sleep and B) coffee

Author:  washing machine [ Wed November 25, 2020 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

tragabigzanda wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Good coffee is worth waking up half an hour earlier to prepare.

Also, once you have that black gold pumping through your veins you're not even groggy anymore.

Also the only moments of self-care a parent gets are maybe A) sleep and B) coffee

During most of my time furloughed earlier this year, I would wake up an hour and a half before the house and go for a sunrise jog. The running itself was great, but the real reward (and impetus) was the promise of a cup of coffee afterward and an uninterrupted piece of online reading on the porch. Can't do that much anymore since most nights I get home around 3:30am and need every bit of sleep after that.

Author:  Chris_H_2 [ Thu November 26, 2020 3:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread

washing machine wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Good coffee is worth waking up half an hour earlier to prepare.

Also, once you have that black gold pumping through your veins you're not even groggy anymore.

Also the only moments of self-care a parent gets are maybe A) sleep and B) coffee

During most of my time furloughed earlier this year, I would wake up an hour and a half before the house and go for a sunrise jog. The running itself was great, but the real reward (and impetus) was the promise of a cup of coffee afterward and an uninterrupted piece of online reading on the porch. Can't do that much anymore since most nights I get home around 3:30am and need every bit of sleep after that.

Substitute a bike ride for the jog and that whole scenario sounds orgasmic.

Page 26 of 31 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/