The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17375
Location: Hunter
LetMeSleep wrote:
Ice cold filtered water put into the plunger with 1.5 times the usual coffee. Unplunged in fridge overnight.

I've changed my method.

Same amount of coffee as making normal hot coffee.
Add about 100ml hot water, wait ten minutes to cool then fill to top with cold filtered water
Put in fridge overnight.

I've found that hot water releases more taste then the cold water mellows it out, makes it a lovely rounded taste. If you use all hot and wait for it to cool it can be a bit bitter when had cold (although that is good for making coffee ice cubes when it's really hot).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 2633
I never did make that cold brew. Damnit. Something must have distracted me.

A dear friend went on a weekender to Chicago and brought me back a pound of a Dark Matter espresso called "Unicorn Blood." They sell a barrel aged coffee that I'm thinking about ordering. Has anyone ever tried a barrel aged coffee?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
I never did make that cold brew. Damnit. Something must have distracted me.

A dear friend went on a weekender to Chicago and brought me back a pound of a Dark Matter espresso called "Unicorn Blood." They sell a barrel aged coffee that I'm thinking about ordering. Has anyone ever tried a barrel aged coffee?

I've tried bourbon-barrel aged a few times (4 Barrel, Caliber, and I think maybe Stumptown?). The aroma of the beans is magnificent; the actual flavor imparted by the barrel is very subtle.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 2633
tragabigzanda wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
I never did make that cold brew. Damnit. Something must have distracted me.

A dear friend went on a weekender to Chicago and brought me back a pound of a Dark Matter espresso called "Unicorn Blood." They sell a barrel aged coffee that I'm thinking about ordering. Has anyone ever tried a barrel aged coffee?

I've tried bourbon-barrel aged a few times (4 Barrel, Caliber, and I think maybe Stumptown?). The aroma of the beans is magnificent; the actual flavor imparted by the barrel is very subtle.


Cool. Now I want to have my favorite beans aged in a cherry chocolate stout barrel from my favorite brewery.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Sat April 01, 2017 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
Fellas, I'm thinking of cutting out my daily coffee intake and saving it for special occasions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Mon April 03, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8179
Location: An office full of assholes
washing machine wrote:
Fellas, I'm thinking of cutting out my daily coffee intake and saving it for special occasions.

like what, caffeine headaches?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Mon April 03, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
washing machine wrote:
Fellas, I'm thinking of cutting out my daily coffee intake and saving it for special occasions.

Have attempted to make this change several times. It's a pointless battle.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Mon April 03, 2017 11:58 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 2633
Death before decaf.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 02, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
I think I've had coffee with breakfast for nearly my entire coffee drinking life. I've only recently discovered the peace and tranquility that having that first cup after breakfast brings. Maybe it's just the rain outside the window and a day off today that's giving me such good after breakfast vibes, but this is one fantastic grind. :shock:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 02, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46626
Location: Sector 7-G
I like coffee before breakfast, myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
Haha. I actually made this post, eh? That sure was a stupid thing to say.

washing machine wrote:
Fellas, I'm thinking of cutting out my daily coffee intake and saving it for special occasions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
a new coffee shop opened up near my house last week..cool place, nice owner..we joined a $50 per month club that allows you 1 large drink per day..i'm hooked on the kombucha drafts


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 1331
doug rr wrote:
a new coffee shop opened up near my house last week..cool place, nice owner..we joined a $50 per month club that allows you 1 large drink per day..i'm hooked on the kombucha drafts


It would be nice if more places did that.

I did the math a few days ago, and I spend $80 to $100 a month on coffee.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
run2death wrote:
doug rr wrote:
a new coffee shop opened up near my house last week..cool place, nice owner..we joined a $50 per month club that allows you 1 large drink per day..i'm hooked on the kombucha drafts


It would be nice if more places did that.

I did the math a few days ago, and I spend $80 to $100 a month on coffee.


yeah, its a good deal. I don't even want to add up the monthly box of nespresso pods..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
I've never had the nariño cold brew advertised on the menu at Starbucks. Every single time I order it, they're out. It's become sort of a joke on par with the ol' McDonald's broken ice cream machine. I'm becoming increasingly like Larry David when complaining about it and suggesting they add an "when available" tag under the menu. I'm sure they hate me here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38055
washing machine wrote:
I've never had the nariño cold brew advertised on the menu at Starbucks. Every single time I order it, they're out. It's become sort of a joke on par with the ol' McDonald's broken ice cream machine. I'm becoming increasingly like Larry David when complaining about it and suggesting they add an "when available" tag under the menu. I'm sure they hate me here.

oh they do

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44653
washing machine wrote:
I've never had the nariño cold brew advertised on the menu at Starbucks. Every single time I order it, they're out. It's become sort of a joke on par with the ol' McDonald's broken ice cream machine. I'm becoming increasingly like Larry David when complaining about it and suggesting they add an "when available" tag under the menu. I'm sure they hate me here.

I'm actually drinking one now. I'm not typically a coffee drinker, but these cold brews have gotten me intrigued. And the Narino is pretty decent.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
washing machine wrote:
I've never had the nariño cold brew advertised on the menu at Starbucks. Every single time I order it, they're out. It's become sort of a joke on par with the ol' McDonald's broken ice cream machine. I'm becoming increasingly like Larry David when complaining about it and suggesting they add an "when available" tag under the menu. I'm sure they hate me here.

I'm actually drinking one now. I'm not typically a coffee drinker, but these cold brews have gotten me intrigued. And the Narino is pretty decent.

This time around I was sure that I'd get one since I made a morning trip. Nope. Instead of too late I was too early. :gomez:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
I don't even frequent this establishment, preferring a few favorite local spots instead. This nariño thing has got me on a mission, though. Well played, Starbucks. Well played.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 25, 2017 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
I've been cheating on my coffee with Americanos.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat November 25, 2017 11:09 am