The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19809
Location: Gigatown
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 8:56 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 655
Location: northwest midwest
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
Been drinking a lot of Summit Slugfest and Goose Island So-Lo while under quarantine.

I’ve been drinking a lot of Summit Twenty-One and Saga.


I'm sure you know this but they have a sampler case that has Saga, 21, Slugfest, and some elderflower IPA that isn't too bad. Can't beat it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 82994
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

The longer this goes the more I hate New York. :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 4570
Location: right there
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

Yeah, the breweries both do it over the web. And maintain physical distancing by doing a drop and knock.
Liquor stores in Ontario are government run so their website sucks balls and delivery is by Canada Post :sigh: :shake:

_________________
bada wrote:
Cause the two girls on the board voted for the rapey song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Tristes Tropiques
PA was a bit tricky for quarantine because the state-run liquor and wine distributors closed really early and you can't ship from out of state (legally). The beer distributors are allowed to deliver, so we'd been doing that for a bit, but now we've taken to buying gin, vodka, and bourbon from some local distillers who deliver to your door. That combined with crowler pick-ups from the brewery around the corner, and I honestly can't see myself going back to doing beer runs after this. It's so easy.

_________________
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Seems like Mickey has formed 4 decks worth of archetypes out of RMers, and he’s playing them off of each other as if to divine some sort of overall meaning to this place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 4570
Location: right there
darth_vedder wrote:
I can't get enough of the NE / hazy / juicy IPAs. They totally renewed my love for IPAs. I was kinda getting sick of them until this trend took off.

I'm and IPA lover as well. Have you tried Brut IPAs? I'm starting the evening with one
Image

_________________
bada wrote:
Cause the two girls on the board voted for the rapey song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19809
Location: Gigatown
ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
Been drinking a lot of Summit Slugfest and Goose Island So-Lo while under quarantine.

I’ve been drinking a lot of Summit Twenty-One and Saga.


I'm sure you know this but they have a sampler case that has Saga, 21, Slugfest, and some elderflower IPA that isn't too bad. Can't beat it.

I do know! :D Summit is a local brewery here so we get all those fun variety packs throughout the year. Saga has been a staple beer for me for many years. Twenty-One is brand new and I prefer it to Slugfest, although I like that one too. I haven’t had the other one yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Fun to hear someone else enjoying Summit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 4570
Location: right there
Mickey wrote:
PA was a bit tricky for quarantine because the state-run liquor and wine distributors closed really early and you can't ship from out of state (legally). The beer distributors are allowed to deliver, so we'd been doing that for a bit, but now we've taken to buying gin, vodka, and bourbon from some local distillers who deliver to your door. That combined with crowler pick-ups from the brewery around the corner, and I honestly can't see myself going back to doing beer runs after this. It's so easy.

I don't think they will be allowed to continue with home deliveries after the corona is vanquished and we all get back to normal.

_________________
bada wrote:
Cause the two girls on the board voted for the rapey song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:12 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 655
Location: northwest midwest
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
Been drinking a lot of Summit Slugfest and Goose Island So-Lo while under quarantine.

I’ve been drinking a lot of Summit Twenty-One and Saga.


I'm sure you know this but they have a sampler case that has Saga, 21, Slugfest, and some elderflower IPA that isn't too bad. Can't beat it.

I do know! :D Summit is a local brewery here so we get all those fun variety packs throughout the year. Saga has been a staple beer for me for many years. Twenty-One is brand new and I prefer it to Slugfest, although I like that one too. I haven’t had the other one yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Fun to hear someone else enjoying Summit.


I'm just over the border in WI. Been enjoying Summit and Surly for years. Anything else I should look for?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Tristes Tropiques
doone wrote:
Mickey wrote:
PA was a bit tricky for quarantine because the state-run liquor and wine distributors closed really early and you can't ship from out of state (legally). The beer distributors are allowed to deliver, so we'd been doing that for a bit, but now we've taken to buying gin, vodka, and bourbon from some local distillers who deliver to your door. That combined with crowler pick-ups from the brewery around the corner, and I honestly can't see myself going back to doing beer runs after this. It's so easy.

I don't think they will be allowed to continue with home deliveries after the corona is vanquished and we all get back to normal.


As far as I understand the local liquor places have always offered delivery, we've just never taken advantage of it because we knew nothing about PA spirits. But they're surprisingly good. I knew the beer place delivered, I just didn't want to pay delivery fees, but I'm starting to think it's worth it.

_________________
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Seems like Mickey has formed 4 decks worth of archetypes out of RMers, and he’s playing them off of each other as if to divine some sort of overall meaning to this place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19809
Location: Gigatown
ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
ghost wrote:
Been drinking a lot of Summit Slugfest and Goose Island So-Lo while under quarantine.

I’ve been drinking a lot of Summit Twenty-One and Saga.


I'm sure you know this but they have a sampler case that has Saga, 21, Slugfest, and some elderflower IPA that isn't too bad. Can't beat it.

I do know! :D Summit is a local brewery here so we get all those fun variety packs throughout the year. Saga has been a staple beer for me for many years. Twenty-One is brand new and I prefer it to Slugfest, although I like that one too. I haven’t had the other one yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Fun to hear someone else enjoying Summit.


I'm just over the border in WI. Been enjoying Summit and Surly for years. Anything else I should look for?

Oh. My. Gosh! There is so much! Where in WI are ya? A couple of my favorite breweries are in Sconnieville too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8743
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Treehouse house contactless pickup, but you have to buy a case that they put together for you. Nothing they brew is bad, but I don't want any stouts. I suppose it's worth a few stouts if I can stock my fridge with Julius, Haze, and Green.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19809
Location: Gigatown
Self wrote:
Treehouse house contactless pickup, but you have to buy a case that they put together for you. Nothing they brew is bad, but I don't want any stouts. I suppose it's worth a few stouts if I can stock my fridge with Julius, Haze, and Green.

Um, yeah, duh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Tristes Tropiques
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

The longer this goes the more I hate New York. :lol:


It looks like there's delivery services in Brooklyn, or do you mean the lack of local places?

_________________
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Seems like Mickey has formed 4 decks worth of archetypes out of RMers, and he’s playing them off of each other as if to divine some sort of overall meaning to this place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1893
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

The longer this goes the more I hate New York. :lol:

TapRm currently has a $25 minimum for free delivery I believe.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 82994
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

The longer this goes the more I hate New York. :lol:

TapRm currently has a $25 minimum for free delivery I believe.

Yeah, I know. Thanks team. I was trying to be ironic. :lol:

The issue isn't access. It's more of a cost v quality thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1893
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doone wrote:
Our 2 local breweries are doing free delivery if you order over $40 (easily), same day if you order before noon. :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li: :hooray: :li:

Time to crack the first of many.

Fuck that's awesome!

A few of our local breweries are doing the same. So is my local liquor store. They actually made up a quick order form you can fill in on their website so you don’t even have to call. It’s baller AF.

The longer this goes the more I hate New York. :lol:

TapRm currently has a $25 minimum for free delivery I believe.

Yeah, I know. Thanks team. I was trying to be ironic. :lol:

The issue isn't access. It's more of a cost v quality thing.

"I know Gerry. I was being ironical."

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri April 17, 2020 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Tristes Tropiques
Everyone's very worried about you Joe. We know how you get when you don't drink.

_________________
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Seems like Mickey has formed 4 decks worth of archetypes out of RMers, and he’s playing them off of each other as if to divine some sort of overall meaning to this place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Sat April 18, 2020 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 82994
Location: everybody needs to stop bragging about their mountains
:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Sat April 18, 2020 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:46 am
Posts: 1274
Location: Connecticut
PHATJ wrote:
Self wrote:
Treehouse house contactless pickup, but you have to buy a case that they put together for you. Nothing they brew is bad, but I don't want any stouts. I suppose it's worth a few stouts if I can stock my fridge with Julius, Haze, and Green.

Um, yeah, duh.


I might get roasted for this but I feel like Tree House, as awesome as it is, and inspired the NEIPA style, is widely available now. I live in CT and feel like I've gone from getting a couple good 4-packs to enjoy sparingly to only drinking the good stuff since it's so easy now with the online pay/contactless pick up.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu July 09, 2020 2:59 am