Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!

Mon July 30, 2018 12:06 am

They didn't give us any chance to purchase beer to bring home. (probably would have slowed us down at the border) so I'm drinking a ShatterCone IPA from Stack Brewery out of Sudbury. Cheers!

Mon July 30, 2018 5:28 am

doone wrote:
PHATJ wrote:DOONE, TELL ME ABOUT ALL PINTS NORTH!!!!!!!!!!

stop yelling, I have a hangover

:lol: actually I feel pretty good now. So All Pints was pretty great. I had every intention of keeping track of everything in the little booklet they give out only to learn they don't do the booklet anymore, they have an app. Weird, I remember searching for an app before we left Canada and didn't see anything. I find some wifi to download app only to be told by google that I can't have the app, I live in the wrong country! GRRR! :evil: All the iphone people in our group have no problems but none of them like beer the way I do so they won't be keeping track of what they like.
So I can't tell you the names of what I tried because I drank a ton, but I had some amazing beers. I think I only had to dump a couple. It started raining just as we were entering the festival grounds but it stopped and the weather was perfect after that. Because of the rain, I forgot to pull out my phone to look at the list you made me (or to take pictures) but I did get to these ones:

Bent Paddle
Castle Danger
Fair State - don't remember what I had but they won Best Beer and Best Brewery prizes
Indeed - I remember this one being really good
Modist
also we had Voyageur Brewery's session IPA on the bus :thumbsup:
and a lot more that I can't remember

We went to Old Chicago restaurant when we first arrived and I had a pint of Two Hearted Ale, good thing too because when we got to their stall, they didn't bring any of their flagship to the fest. I enjoyed it. :thumbsup: :D

I drank a lot of great IPAs, an amazing rhubarb and lemonade beer, one or two stouts. Our friends had a great time too.

And Ruddo, the pretzels were integral to the experience ;)

This sounds awesome, doone. I’m so glad you had such a good time. It would be great to know everything you had, but the experience is far more important and fun! I’m already planning to do whatever I can to ensure I get to go next year. Hopefully I’ll see ya there!

Mon July 30, 2018 11:16 pm

This was really good. Very light and easy drinking which was nice since it was around 100 here yesterday. Was surprised not only to find it on tap, but it was at a taphouse/bottle shop, so I got a 6 pack as well. I thought it was only going to be in the Seattle area.

Thu August 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Ava Apricot Sour from 12 West. Superb.

They are tapping their first Brut/NorCal IPA tomorrow, so I will be back!

Sun August 05, 2018 12:29 am

Cuyuna Brewing Company - Crosby, MN
Manhigh Stout
Mosaic Blueberry Wheat
Crusher IPA
Isle of Pines IPA

Wed August 15, 2018 1:53 am

Mr. Canoehead, a happy red ale

Wed August 15, 2018 4:44 pm

The bar group I manage for teamed up with Breckenridge (yeah yeah, "not craft" :roll: ...) to make a pale ale served exclusively at each of our locations across the state. It's pretty tasty. low abv mosaic dry-hopped porch sipper.

https://untappd.com/b/breckenridge-brew ... le/2791737

Wed August 15, 2018 8:49 pm

It's kind of amazing to me what inbev picked in some cases for The High End.

Devil's Backbone is not High End anything.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Just a few short emails and a manager schedule to finish and I'm on my way to an early afternoon lineup of Tank 7 > Ommegang Pale Sour > Brooklyn Bel-Air.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Ommegang is gross.

I think people only like it because they're from Cooperstown.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:20 pm

I can't agree with any of that, though I haven't had this one from them yet. I think as far as Belgian yeast goes, they're one of the better breweries in America.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:35 pm

I have a taphouse near me that specializes in N.Y.-state brews.

I've had a few of Ommegang's Saisons and Dubbels (including the much-beloved Abbey Ale). Their dubbels are overly sweet and cough syrupy. Their Saisons are lifeless. Their Nirvana IPA is OK.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Just had a bottle of 3 Floyds “Zombie Dust”. It was very good

Fri August 17, 2018 7:44 pm

run2death wrote:I have a taphouse near me that specializes in N.Y.-state brews.

I've had a few of Ommegang's Saisons and Dubbels (including the much-beloved Abbey Ale). Their dubbels are overly sweet and cough syrupy. Their Saisons are lifeless. Their Nirvana IPA is OK.

I think they do the hoppy pale style best. Very floral balance to their yeast profile. Maybe you just don't like the brewery, but I would at least try a half pint of Fleur de Houblon if you ever get a chance.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:44 pm

run2death wrote:I normally like Dubbels, but Ommegang's Double Barrel Dubbel is fucking gross. Tastes like raisins and cigarettes. I'm all for complex flavors in beer, but...

Fri August 17, 2018 7:49 pm

I actually don't like dubbels very much, if at all. What you just described sounds like everything I don't like about them, amplified.

Fri August 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Bi_3 wrote:Just had a bottle of 3 Floyds “Zombie Dust”. It was very good

Yes. Very good. 3 Floyds is boss.

Fri August 17, 2018 8:20 pm

so believe it or not, it actually used to be better. they changed the recipe up about 4 years ago, and it was on par with things like blind pig from russian river.

try a chicago beer ... like pipeworks, revolution, half acre, marz, forbidden root, marz, hop butcher, etc.

Fri August 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:

so believe it or not, it actually used to be better. they changed the recipe up about 4 years ago, and it was on par with things like blind pig from russian river.

try a chicago beer ... like pipeworks, revolution, half acre, marz, forbidden root, marz, hop butcher, etc.

Do you happen to know how the recipe changed? I haven't sought it out in a while but now I am curious.

Fri August 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Just grabbed a 4 pack of Citra from Greater Good. It's very good; will buy again.
Post a reply