The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 286  Next
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2019 5:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

There are a lot of good local breweries in the VT/NH/ME area

PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2019 5:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

washing machine wrote:
Bammer wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If you can't find a fresh Pliny, you're almost certainly better off finding a fresh something else. A big appeal of Pliny is consuming it as close to the bottling/kegging date as possible.

Do they produce it year round?

I don't know. You'll have to ask a local.

yes, they produce it year round, and you can always get it at the brewery. frankly, you would be better off having a short pour of the stuff, say you had it, and then buying bottles of blind pig which is WAAAAYYYY better. if you're not at the brewery, do a search on russian river's site to see to where they distribute. most beer outfits carry it (and it's delivered on tuesdays).

on that note, pliny has to be the single-most overrated beer out there (and it has been for awhile). it was distributed to all 50 states it would be a shelf turd at most places.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 4:45 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Bammer wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If you can't find a fresh Pliny, you're almost certainly better off finding a fresh something else. A big appeal of Pliny is consuming it as close to the bottling/kegging date as possible.

yes, they produce it year round, and you can always get it at the brewery. frankly, you would be better off having a short pour of the stuff, say you had it, and then buying bottles of blind pig which is WAAAAYYYY better. if you're not at the brewery, do a search on russian river's site to see to where they distribute. most beer outfits carry it (and it's delivered on tuesdays).

on that note, pliny has to be the single-most overrated beer out there (and it has been for awhile). it was distributed to all 50 states it would be a shelf turd at most places.

That is a little aggressive. Its a fantastic beer. yes, overrated, but still fantastic.

Also, i dont really drink beer these days. :(

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 4:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Bammer wrote:
washing machine wrote:

That is a little aggressive. Its a fantastic beer. yes, overrated, but still fantastic.

i know you didn't intend to get into a debate, but I'm generally curious: what makes it fantastic, particularly relative to the thousands of other great beers of a similar style to which any one of us has access? back when there weren't options, it was the fantastic beer of that style. but now? meh.

for the record, i drink way more bourbon and scotch than beer.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 5:10 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Bammer wrote:
washing machine wrote:

i know you didn't intend to get into a debate, but I'm generally curious: what makes it fantastic, particularly relative to the thousands of other great beers of a similar style to which any one of us has access? back when there weren't options, it was the fantastic beer of that style. but now? meh.

Im awful at describing beers and pallets and all that good stuff. What I love about it is how hoppy it is while remaining completely smooth and refreshing.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 5:15 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Strat wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Bammer wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Im awful at describing beers and pallets and all that good stuff. What I love about it is how hoppy it is while remaining completely smooth and refreshing.

It is an incredibly well made West Coast Double IPA. I agree with the fact that there are many more options in the current day than in the past but I must throw in a caveat that those particular offerings are lessening (especially in the Northeast) and that I would purchase it on the regular if it were available... and relatively fresh. Also many of the available options pale in comparison, quantity is not filling the void of quality here.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 6:21 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I've been drinking so many IPAs for a while now, I recently made a switch to Budweiser and am enjoying the blander side of life for a change.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 7:14 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Over-saturation is definitely in full force. I remember just a couple of years ago I would have killed for Bell's Two Hearted to make it to my market, but since it's launch I've bought it maybe a handful of times. Absolutely the same thing would happen with Pliny if it made it to Texas.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 10:26 pm 
Future Drummer

washing machine wrote:
Over-saturation is definitely in full force. I remember just a couple of years ago I would have killed for Bell's Two Hearted to make it to my market, but since it's launch I've bought it maybe a handful of times. Absolutely the same thing would happen with Pliny if it made it to Texas.

Pliny and Two-Hearted are top-tier representations of their styles, are you going more local, finding better product, price-driven, etc.?

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2019 11:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I contend that the rare factor of these former whales, once gone, makes the beers less enjoyable for the price.

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2019 1:58 am 
Future Drummer

washing machine wrote:
I contend that the rare factor of these former whales, once gone, makes the beers less enjoyable for the price.

Nah, you aren't that silly.

PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2019 9:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is still my go-to beer. I like a lot of other stuff. But I buy Bell's more often than anything else. And often times, when a beer disappoints, I just think to myself, "man I wish this was a Bell's."

PostPosted: Tue August 20, 2019 12:10 am 
Looks Like a Cat

If you’re ever in Texas, go for a fresh can of Metamodern by Oasis Brewing. Tell ‘em Reid told you to do it.

PostPosted: Tue August 20, 2019 12:30 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Drinking the last of my Einstok

PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2019 11:49 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

http://legalremedybrewing.com/beer/our- ... cha-stout/

Found some of this in Ruddos old stomping grounds. Had it in a restaurant, but couldn't find it in cans.

Tasted different from anything I've ever had before.

PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2019 12:31 pm 

B wrote:
http://legalremedybrewing.com/beer/our-beers/world-court-white-chocolate-mocha-stout/

Found some of this in Ruddos old stomping grounds. Had it in a restaurant, but couldn't find it in cans.

Tasted different from anything I've ever had before.

Oh man, that is so good. I've only had it on draft as well. Were you down in MB? Or in Hilton Head? Anyway, I really like that beer. Looks like a blonde, tastes like a stout.

PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2019 1:02 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

HHI

PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2019 4:08 pm 
The Master

I had a Two Hearted Ale and a High Life last night. A great one two punch.

PostPosted: Thu August 22, 2019 5:58 am 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Is there any part of the US that isn’t awash in local breweries at this point?

PostPosted: Thu August 22, 2019 6:11 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Bammer wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Is there any part of the US that isn’t awash in local breweries at this point?

It’s an awesome time to be a beer drinker, that’s for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 286  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining