The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving for Turkey Haters
PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 9:59 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

reminds me I’m going to need some road sodas for Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dad wrote:

where you headed?

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:07 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

in-laws, most of whom are conservatives and teetotalers, and a BiL who’s coming in from KC, and is not feeling well, oh, and stressed out about getting tested for Covid.

we may just skip out and relax at home. I’ll still need supplies.

What are you up to?

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I gotta find a bar that’s gonna be open

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
I gotta find a bar that’s gonna be open

they're all open that day...tradition is to take leftovers to the bar, share with everyone, and bitch about your family....good times

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

in-laws, most of whom are conservatives and teetotalers, and a BiL who’s coming in from KC, and is not feeling well, oh, and stressed out about getting tested for Covid.

What are you up to?

yeah, that sounds like a lot to handle. i just don't think i'm ready for bigger family get togethers.

my wife and son went to our place in Michigan on Sunday. my daughter and i are supposed to head up there tomorrow. my parents are driving up tomorrow to stay with us.

i think i've gotten 25 text messages in the last 2 days from my parents asking about what food to bring (we have grocery stores nearby, but my mom thinks she needs to shop near her and then pack everything) or what holiday decorations my dad can put up. i was on a conference call today and he texted me, called me on my cell, called me at work, and called my wife, all in the span of 1 minute -- wanting to know if i had an extra timer for the lights. i. cannot. deal.

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:52 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

yeah, that sounds like a lot to handle. i just don't think i'm ready for bigger family get togethers.

my wife and son went to our place in Michigan on Sunday. my daughter and i are supposed to head up there tomorrow. my parents are driving up tomorrow to stay with us.

i think i've gotten 25 text messages in the last 2 days from my parents asking about what food to bring (we have grocery stores nearby, but my mom thinks she needs to shop near her and then pack everything) or what holiday decorations my dad can put up. i was on a conference call today and he texted me, called me on my cell, called me at work, and called my wife, all in the span of 1 minute -- wanting to know if i had an extra timer for the lights. i. cannot. deal.

oh boy. sorry, bub.

would your dad like the keys to the dad RM account, if only for a day? let him burn off some of that energy.

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

oh boy. sorry, bub.

would your dad like the keys to the dad RM account, if only for a day? let him burn off some of that energy.

he'd call me 30 times wanting me to explain to him how to log on

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 10:56 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

oh boy. sorry, bub.

I once spent almost three hours walking my mom through creating a gmail account, and sending an email. I’d like to think I’m a patient person, but man…

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

oh boy. sorry, bub.

I once spent almost three hours walking my mom through creating a gmail account, and sending an email. I’d like to think I’m a patient person, but man…

here's to our senile parents . . .

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:05 pm 

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

oh boy. sorry, bub.

cheers to you

Go Blue

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:21 pm 
The Master

Safe travels, dad and Chris.

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:34 pm 
Major Dude

dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

oh boy. sorry, bub.

cheers to you

Go Blue

Papa Wease will only use the voice command with his iPhone. He absolutely will not type anything in. Google search is all but useless with his mispronunciations and southern twang and his texts are indecipherable.

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:51 pm 

wease wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

where you headed?

What are you up to?

oh boy. sorry, bub.

cheers to you

Go Blue

Papa Wease will only use the voice command with his iPhone. He absolutely will not type anything in. Google search is all but useless with his mispronunciations and southern twang and his texts are indecipherable.

I love this so much.

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Doug's running away with it. Read it and weep, turkey stuffers!

What’s your plans for Thursday Soma?

New Zealanders have a lot to be thankful for.

Basically just the Lord of the Rings movies

I admit when I’m wrong. I’ve just recently found out in the last few minutes that OMC – of “How Bizarre” fame — is from New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:56 pm 
Production Police

How bizarre

PostPosted: Tue November 23, 2021 11:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

How bizarre

PostPosted: Wed November 24, 2021 12:23 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

You guys are making me crazy

PostPosted: Wed November 24, 2021 12:29 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Such an unlikely tune to become an international hit, but every time I look around it's in my face.

PostPosted: Wed November 24, 2021 12:41 am 
Production Police

I know exactly how this song goes, but inside my head it inevitably morphs into the Chumbawumba song after the chorus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining