Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Cold Cuts: The sandwich thread

Fri August 09, 2013 4:03 pm

I take lunch to work quite often, so I was wondering if I'm missing out on sandwich combos?

What kind of sandwiches do you make for yourself?

I'm a sliced (thin) chicken breast kind of guy. The cheese rotates for me, and then usually top it off with pickle, tomato, or avocado (only 1 of the three at a time). Mayo and sometimes some sweet hot mustard.

I'm picky when it comes to ham, and same with roast beef.

Re: Cold Cuts: The sandwich thread

Fri August 09, 2013 4:05 pm

best cheese out there. sliced thin, over some turkey. lettuce, tomato, mayo.

i'll brb.

Fri August 09, 2013 4:06 pm

first off ruddo, the first guy here that says sammich must be banned..You mod this place and I put my trust in you..

I like a nice peppered turkey with mayo, mustard, and tomato...and of course have a soft spot for a good roast beef sandwich

Fri August 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes, peppered turkey is good. You ever try chicken breast, RR?

Fri August 09, 2013 4:08 pm

if i go out for lunch, and i see it on the menu, i find it hard to not order a rueben.

Fri August 09, 2013 4:09 pm

elliseamos wrote:if i go out for lunch, and i see it on the menu, i find it hard to not order a rueben.

This thread is geared more towards the "make your own" sandwich crowd, guy.

Fri August 09, 2013 4:11 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
elliseamos wrote:if i go out for lunch, and i see it on the menu, i find it hard to not order a rueben.

won't happen again.

b/c i will likely not contribute to this newsletter again

Fri August 09, 2013 4:11 pm

also, I have nothing against regular white bread, wonder, etc. but I buy the fresh sandwich rolls at the deli in the grocery store for sandwiches..I dont mind chicken but rarely buy it..when I add cheese its hard to beat a good havarti dill

Fri August 09, 2013 4:12 pm

elliseamos wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

won't happen again.

b/c i will likely not contribute to this newsletter again

Please don't go. I just had to point that out for future readers. You did this thread a favor.

Fri August 09, 2013 4:15 pm

I am presently eating boars head turkey with spinach, sprouts, hummus and horseradish cheddar, all on marble rye. Dee-licious

Fri August 09, 2013 4:18 pm

me too

Fri August 09, 2013 4:25 pm

vegman wrote:I am presently eating boars head turkey with spinach, sprouts, hummus and horseradish cheddar, all on marble rye. Dee-licious

sprouts. That is an underrated sandwich topping. Love them.

Fri August 09, 2013 4:40 pm

knee tunes wrote:

me too
he looks good in his uniform, amirite?!

Fri August 09, 2013 5:07 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Yes, peppered turkey is good.
"one pound of the cracked-black, please"

Fri August 09, 2013 5:51 pm

I've been trying to lose some weight so the sandwiches I take to work are pretty underwhelming. I generally use one of the 35 calorie breads, and I mostly stick to mesquite turkey breast or low fat turkey bologna, crappy 2% American cheese, and lots of mustard. Now if I were just making a mean sandwich, I would probably go with a sourdough with turkey, ham, salami, pepper jack, roasted red peppers, lettuce, and a spicy brown mustard. I'd be just fine with that, plus maybe a pickle on the side.

Fri August 09, 2013 5:56 pm

lefty wrote:I've been trying to lose some weight so the sandwiches I take to work are pretty underwhelming. I generally use one of the 35 calorie breads, and I mostly stick to mesquite turkey breast or low fat turkey bologna, crappy 2% American cheese, and lots of mustard. Now if I were just making a mean sandwich, I would probably go with a sourdough with turkey, ham, salami, pepper jack, roasted red peppers, lettuce, and a spicy brown mustard. I'd be just fine with that, plus maybe a pickle on the side.

Sourdough is the Mickey Mantle of sandwich bread.

or is it the Rickey Henderson?

Fri August 09, 2013 5:57 pm

i'm going to let this thread cure for another few weeks before returning to it

Fri August 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Egg salad!

Fri August 09, 2013 5:59 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
lefty wrote:I've been trying to lose some weight so the sandwiches I take to work are pretty underwhelming. I generally use one of the 35 calorie breads, and I mostly stick to mesquite turkey breast or low fat turkey bologna, crappy 2% American cheese, and lots of mustard. Now if I were just making a mean sandwich, I would probably go with a sourdough with turkey, ham, salami, pepper jack, roasted red peppers, lettuce, and a spicy brown mustard. I'd be just fine with that, plus maybe a pickle on the side.

Sourdough is the Mickey Mantle of sandwich bread.

or is it the Rickey Henderson?

What about both? :shock:

Fri August 09, 2013 6:01 pm

i refuse to allow this thread to be cast in an exclusively brown bag direction, as one of life's simple pleasures is consuming a local deli's pastrami or corned beef sandwich creation early on an autumn afternoon
Post a reply