The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Is that a bad or weird or rude or cringe thing to do?
Yes, I am judging you 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
No, do what you want 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Re: Is it weird or rude or bad to bring your own hot sauce t
PostPosted: Tue November 02, 2021 6:18 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

spike wrote:
B wrote:
Norris wrote:
B wrote:
macphisto wrote:
B wrote:
I've been trying to get my dad to take Diet Coke to restaurants because my mom is a diabetic with Alzheimer's so if they fuck up and give her a regular Coke, he won't know until her blood sugar shoots through the roof.

The message there is worse than the hot sauce, "I'm bringing in my own drink because I don't trust you to do your job correctly," but fuck it. We're talking about her health.

Why not just order water? Certainly healthier than DC and you avoid the whole issue.

My mom isn't aware enough to know she's drinking a Coke, but she is aware enough to make a scene if she doesn't get her Diet Coke with dinner.

Taster her Diet Coke before she does to ensure it's not regular?

My mom used to know in a sip if she got regular. I (and I assume the same for my dad) have never been able to tell easily or know for certain.

Honestly, I don't think restaurants give a fuck if a diabetic brings a bottle of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and pours it into a glass of ice. I just can't get my dad to do it.

i dunno, they can charge a lot for soda and profit margins in the restaurant biz are already razor thin.

Well, then we're back to water, possible loss of future visits, and a possible lawsuit by a disabled customer.

They will let him bring in the Diet Coke.

PostPosted: Tue November 02, 2021 9:40 pm 
mXn

spike wrote:
B wrote:
Norris wrote:
B wrote:
macphisto wrote:
B wrote:
I've been trying to get my dad to take Diet Coke to restaurants because my mom is a diabetic with Alzheimer's so if they fuck up and give her a regular Coke, he won't know until her blood sugar shoots through the roof.

The message there is worse than the hot sauce, "I'm bringing in my own drink because I don't trust you to do your job correctly," but fuck it. We're talking about her health.

Why not just order water? Certainly healthier than DC and you avoid the whole issue.

My mom isn't aware enough to know she's drinking a Coke, but she is aware enough to make a scene if she doesn't get her Diet Coke with dinner.

Taster her Diet Coke before she does to ensure it's not regular?

My mom used to know in a sip if she got regular. I (and I assume the same for my dad) have never been able to tell easily or know for certain.

Honestly, I don't think restaurants give a fuck if a diabetic brings a bottle of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and pours it into a glass of ice. I just can't get my dad to do it.

i dunno, they can charge a lot for soda and profit margins in the restaurant biz are already razor thin.

Only suckers buy pop and fries at restaurants.

PostPosted: Wed November 03, 2021 8:31 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Wait, what's wrong with fries, Bammer?

PostPosted: Wed November 03, 2021 9:49 pm 
The Master

B wrote:

What’s wrong with Bammer is the question.

PostPosted: Wed November 03, 2021 9:54 pm 
mXn

B wrote:

Try to keep up

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 7:38 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Jorge wrote:
The one place I've ever done this was a neighborhood pizza place that made the best chicken milanesa sandwich I'd ever had. The first time I ate it, I loved it, but immediately knew it would go super well with this one specific hot sauce called Tocino de Fuego: Fiery Spanish Bacon. So I ordered in and tried it at home. It was in fact good, but the delivery journey had cooled it slightly, the effect was dulled. From then on, I started bringing this hot sauce along every time we went there. Over time I became a regular, and I became friends with the owner and staff. They knew I'd always order the same sandwich. They knew I'd always bring my little bottle of hot sauce. They knew I'd always leave a good tip. It was good. We were happy. Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name

I just found out the owner of this place commited suicide last year. It closed down shortly afterwards.

RIP Hernan

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 7:57 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sorry to hear that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining