The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post subject: Re: How fussy are you?
PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 7:13 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

lefty wrote:
I grew up without a choice as to what I ate. I had to sit at the table until I ate my veggies or whatever it was I didn't want to eat. Today, I'll eat just about anything except that I'm not a fan of raw tomatoes. I like just about any tomato product ever made, but not the raw tomato by itself.

I didn't like fresh tomato until I ate a good Italian bruschetta. The tomato / onion / basil pesto combo converted me.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 7:29 pm 
A Return To Form

harmless wrote:
lefty wrote:
I grew up without a choice as to what I ate. I had to sit at the table until I ate my veggies or whatever it was I didn't want to eat. Today, I'll eat just about anything except that I'm not a fan of raw tomatoes. I like just about any tomato product ever made, but not the raw tomato by itself.

I didn't like fresh tomato until I ate a good Italian bruschetta. The tomato / onion / basil pesto combo converted me.

Even with tomatoes, I'm not that fussy so generally I'll still eat them fresh assuming there other ingredients that change the flavor a bit.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 7:38 pm 

lefty wrote:
harmless wrote:
lefty wrote:

Even with tomatoes, I'm not that fussy so generally I'll still eat them fresh assuming there other ingredients that change the flavor a bit.

Give bruschetta a go. It worked wonders for me. Tomato and mozzarella salad with pesto is also something special.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 7:45 pm 
A Return To Form

harmless wrote:
lefty wrote:
harmless wrote:
lefty wrote:

Give bruschetta a go. It worked wonders for me. Tomato and mozzarella salad with pesto is also something special.

I've had bruschetta from time to time, and sometimes I like it, though I prefer more of the olive-based variety.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 8:17 pm 

lefty wrote:
harmless wrote:
lefty wrote:
harmless wrote:
lefty wrote:

I've had bruschetta from time to time, and sometimes I like it, though I prefer more of the olive-based variety.

I'm not a huge olive fan but I have liked some tapenades in the past, and I love olive oil. Go figure.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 3:33 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 WWW  Profile

This thread ... Is making me HUNGRY

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining