Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Who has the best national chain french fries?

McDonalds
10%
Burger King
No votes
Wendys
5%
Arbys
14%
Chick-fil-A
5%
Red Robin
10%
Hardees/Carl's Jr.
No votes
KFC
10%
Five Guys
24%
Popeyes
No votes
Chilis
No votes
Steak & Shake
5%
Shake Shack
5%
Sonic
No votes
Dairy Queen
5%
Checkers
5%
Buffalo Wild Wings (lol)
5%
White Castle
No votes
Jack-in-the-Box
No votes

Total votes : 21

Re: Best chain restaurant French fries

Sun July 26, 2020 3:02 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:it's time to delete this thread and move on

Once the poll is done, I'll lock this thread and put the results in the OP of the other thread

ruddo i swear to god

Sun July 26, 2020 6:40 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:it's time to delete this thread and move on

Once the poll is done, I'll lock this thread and put the results in the OP of the other thread

ruddo i swear to god

:haha:

Mon July 27, 2020 11:39 pm

The poll is apparently live?

Mon July 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Which monster voted for McDonald's?

Tue July 28, 2020 12:00 am

some depraved soul.

I didn't go with Five Guys because I went there recently for the first time in a long while and the fries were soggy and too oily and generally gross and it made me question if I just got a bad batch or if all my happy memories of Five Guys fries were lies.
So I voted for Red Robin, many happy memories

Tue July 28, 2020 12:03 am

Taco bell

Tue July 28, 2020 12:04 am

McDonalds does not sell any product that should legally qualify as french fries
Burger King and Wendys and Arbys have good fries for fast food joints
Shake Shack has great burgers and shakes but I never get the fries because I find them boring. These days, I don't get the burgers or shakes either, but that's another story.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:06 am

We're not eating out now, but when we would get home from Five Guys we would put the fries in the air fryer for 4 minutes and ::chef's kiss::

Tue July 28, 2020 12:08 am

So wait a minute ... this is now the 3rd french fry thread at least, but my recent thread about french fries was locked. OK.

OK.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:13 am

Simple Torture wrote:We're not eating out now, but when we would get home from Five Guys we would put the fries in the air fryer for 4 minutes and ::chef's kiss::

I save the leftovers for the next morning and crisp them up in a pan as hash browns to go with eggs

Tue July 28, 2020 12:14 am

The Argonaut wrote:some depraved soul.

I didn't go with Five Guys because I went there recently for the first time in a long while and the fries were soggy and too oily and generally gross and it made me question if I just got a bad batch or if all my happy memories of Five Guys fries were lies.
So I voted for Red Robin, many happy memories

This has been my experience with Five Guys every time I've tried them over the last 4 or 5 years.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:17 am

i think Arby’s curly fries might be the winner here

Tue July 28, 2020 12:19 am

Five Guys is too #basic_cis for me

Tue July 28, 2020 12:22 am

BurtReynolds wrote:Taco bell

This wasn't a joke by the way

Tue July 28, 2020 12:24 am

I voted red Robin. I love you Asher

Tue July 28, 2020 12:25 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:We're not eating out now, but when we would get home from Five Guys we would put the fries in the air fryer for 4 minutes and ::chef's kiss::

I save the leftovers for the next morning and crisp them up in a pan as hash browns to go with eggs

That sounds great.

Also, re: those bashing Five Guys Fries--I get it. The fries that are just in the bag usually end up having crispy edges, and the ones inside the cup end up being a gooey mess. This is an inevitable result of how they pack them and I do not begrudge you not liking it, but I did factor that into my decision. The bag fries are just so good that I can overlook the soft ones.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:25 am

I've never had most of these so I just said Wendy's.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:26 am

Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

That sounds great.

Also, re: those bashing Five Guys Fries--I get it. The fries that are just in the bag usually end up having crispy edges, and the ones inside the cup end up being a gooey mess. This is an inevitable result of how they pack them and I do not begrudge you not liking it, but I did factor that into my decision. The bag fries are just so good that I can overlook the soft ones.

No Five Guys fries have gone down hill in the last five years. They used to be consistently great and now they've struck out too many times in a row for me to go back.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:31 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

That sounds great.

No Five Guys fries have gone down hill in the last five years. They used to be consistently great and now they've struck out too many times in a row for me to go back.

Is the Five Guys at Presidents Place? I never went there when I was working in-office, although people would get it all the time, and the office constantly smelled like their fries. The cooks in Lincoln are consistently good.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:36 am

Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

That sounds great.

Is the Five Guys at Presidents Place? I never went there when I was working in-office, although people would get it all the time, and the office constantly smelled like their fries. The cooks in Lincoln are consistently good.

Yeah there's one there. I think there's one in Braintree too across from the Plaza near the cinema.
Post a reply