Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Curbside versus Delivery

Mon June 22, 2020 7:06 pm

What is more ethical during the pandemic? I think curbside is the best option, but I would love to hear some reasons for delivery.

Re: Curbside versus Delivery

Mon June 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Delivery is ok if it is the business you order from. The delivery services are not great for the business, don't they take a huge fee?

Mon June 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Reason for delivery: Americans are fucking lazy as fuck.

Mon June 22, 2020 7:30 pm

If the government tries to take away alcohol delivery once the pandemic is over I am going to start posting on whatever forums Burt gets his memes from

Mon June 22, 2020 9:51 pm

I've always been a pick-up guy instead of a delivery guy. Delivery requires the relinquishment of too much control. The cost often skyrockets too. The only times I'd get delivery were when I didn't have a car (or driving was impractical) and the place was more than a mile away. But if I can drive there, I'll drive there

Mon June 22, 2020 9:54 pm

bart wrote:If the government tries to take away alcohol delivery once the pandemic is over I am going to start posting on whatever forums Burt gets his memes from

AL

Mon June 22, 2020 10:22 pm

The Argonaut wrote:Delivery requires the relinquishment of too much control.

Team Argo. I don't want some lukewarm curry because the delivery guy took the scenic route.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:35 pm

One of our favorite local spots (literally on the corner) opened up two weeks ago for take-out/delivery. They have a back patio and NYC started Phase 2 today. So, this place is opening their back patio to reservations only.

I'm SOOOOO fucking tempted...

But on topic: we've gotten delivery from them and it's been excellent. To Argo and Trag's points though, it is literally on the corner so we don't have to worry about cold/soggy food.

In general, non-pandemic, times I'm all about carry-out. As it is now though delivery has been a godsend and mostly positive.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:42 pm

From one hotbed to another, Joey, I'd be hesitant to doing anything as soon as it opens. Wait and see what the results are from a new opening in a couple of weeks before you decide to do it.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:44 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:From one hotbed to another, Joey, I'd be hesitant to doing anything as soon as it opens. Wait and see what the results are from a new opening in a couple of weeks before you decide to do it.

Oh for sure. I can't imagine the impulse will get the best of us. But I'd be lying if I denied being tempted. Honestly, it's so close that if we're feeling like eating out we'll probably just do carry-out and go eat in the park.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Please listen to Pete, Joe. There is no reason to go to a fucking patio.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:47 pm

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME REID

Mon June 22, 2020 10:48 pm

I have strong feelings about people who even consider sitting in a bar or restaurant right now.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:54 pm

I DIDN'T SAY I WAS CONSIDERING IT I SAID IT WAS A TEMPTING THOUGHT

Mon June 22, 2020 10:55 pm

everyone calm down

Mon June 22, 2020 10:56 pm

You are shouting and perhaps unhinged.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:56 pm

bart wrote:If the government tries to take away alcohol delivery once the pandemic is over I am going to start posting on whatever forums Burt gets his memes from

They're called imageboards

Mon June 22, 2020 10:58 pm

If it makes you feel better Reid, here's a transcript of what happened:

WIFE: So [redacted] is opening up dining on their patio.

ME: Whoa, really?

WIFE: Yep. Reservations only.

ME: Ah that's so tempting!

WIFE: I know, right?

ME: But I can't. I already feel like an asshole even thinking about. All day I've been liking tweets saying 'Every one of you dining out right now is an asshole! Fuck you!' So I can't imagine really doing it.

WIFE: Yeah, maybe we should do carry out and take it to the park on one of the cooler days this week. If we really feel like we need to dine out.

ME: Good call.

Mon June 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Yeah right

Mon June 22, 2020 11:00 pm

He meant transcript the way Trump means transcript.
Post a reply