Gas or Charcoal, RM?

Gas
50%
Charcoal
50%

Total votes : 18

Re: There is not a thread dedicated to outdoor grilling

Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 am

dad wrote:spending the summer perfecting my flat top craft sounds like a fast pass to ultimate dad life.

i will 100% wear socks w/chacos while i cook.

Thu May 26, 2022 3:58 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:spending the summer perfecting my flat top craft sounds like a fast pass to ultimate dad life.

it me.

Thu May 26, 2022 8:58 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:

That’s perfect

Thu May 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Sat May 28, 2022 4:34 pm

I feel like bammer may have used this already

Tue May 31, 2022 4:57 pm

I’m not a fan of New York strips, but I bought one, determined I can make it delicious. Happening tonight.

Tue May 31, 2022 4:58 pm

I will not be using beer coal for this endeavor. Sorry, Bammer.

Tue May 31, 2022 5:03 pm

spike wrote:I’m not a fan of New York strips, but I bought one, determined I can make it delicious. Happening tonight.

Hope it works out for you

Tue May 31, 2022 5:54 pm

guys...

i love my blackstone. it's like a new toy.

my wife bought me the two-burner, 28". i assembled it Thursday evening with intention of doing an initial cleaning and season on Friday to ready it for the weekend. friday afternoon, i started with a bowl of hot soapy water and a rag, and rinsed that. then i grabbed a bottle of grapeseed oil, and my wife handed me another dry rag. as soon as i took the first swipe, remnants of the rag were melted on the flat-top. she'd handed me a microfiber cloth. i tried scraping it off, letting the griddle cool, then scraping and scrubbing...nothing helped. wife said reddit recommended goo gone, and i said, nah...let's disassemble this, I'll return it and get a new one. I'll say a burner was defective. i didn't want to waste time finding the right solution when assembling a new one would be quick. i returned it, and then upgraded to the 36" four-burner.

i put it together just as i was losing daylight. when i woke up Saturday morning, i again used a wet rag (not microfibre) and hot soapy water. i rinsed it and was ready to season it. i fired up all the burners, waited for a few, then applied a drizzle of grapeseed oil. THIS TIME, i used a paper towel. i let that go and repeated the oil application three more times. then my wife brought out cut-up pieces of bacon and sliced onions for seasoning. holy shit, it smelled fantastic. finally, i cracked an egg on it to see if it would stick--i saw a couple of videos of people doing this as a test. it worked.

one of the twins asked if i'd make him an omelette. a simple one with shredded cheddar. done.

I've since made smashburgers (twice) for the family, pancakes--probably the best I've made in my life, french toast, and french toast sticks stuffed w/nutella, chicken, and sauteed veggies.

i clean it after each use, scraping it after it cools, then spraying a little water, which i wipe off with a paper towel. i re-season with grapeseed oil.

the summer of smash has begun.

Tue May 31, 2022 6:42 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Image

I feel like bammer may have used this already

Might have to if the fkn grill that was supposed to be here April 13 never arrives.

PS - happy for u dad

Tue May 31, 2022 7:27 pm

dad wrote:guys...

i love my blackstone. it's like a new toy.

my wife bought me the two-burner, 28". i assembled it Thursday evening with intention of doing an initial cleaning and season on Friday to ready it for the weekend. friday afternoon, i started with a bowl of hot soapy water and a rag, and rinsed that. then i grabbed a bottle of grapeseed oil, and my wife handed me another dry rag. as soon as i took the first swipe, remnants of the rag were melted on the flat-top. she'd handed me a microfiber cloth. i tried scraping it off, letting the griddle cool, then scraping and scrubbing...nothing helped. wife said reddit recommended goo gone, and i said, nah...let's disassemble this, I'll return it and get a new one. I'll say a burner was defective. i didn't want to waste time finding the right solution when assembling a new one would be quick. i returned it, and then upgraded to the 36" four-burner.

i put it together just as i was losing daylight. when i woke up Saturday morning, i again used a wet rag (not microfibre) and hot soapy water. i rinsed it and was ready to season it. i fired up all the burners, waited for a few, then applied a drizzle of grapeseed oil. THIS TIME, i used a paper towel. i let that go and repeated the oil application three more times. then my wife brought out cut-up pieces of bacon and sliced onions for seasoning. holy shit, it smelled fantastic. finally, i cracked an egg on it to see if it would stick--i saw a couple of videos of people doing this as a test. it worked.

one of the twins asked if i'd make him an omelette. a simple one with shredded cheddar. done.

I've since made smashburgers (twice) for the family, pancakes--probably the best I've made in my life, french toast, and french toast sticks stuffed w/nutella, chicken, and sauteed veggies.

i clean it after each use, scraping it after it cools, then spraying a little water, which i wipe off with a paper towel. i re-season with grapeseed oil.

the summer of smash has begun.

Tue May 31, 2022 9:39 pm

Dad’s wife sounds like a lovely woman

Wed June 01, 2022 12:25 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Dad’s wife sounds like a lovely woman

i don't deserve her.

Wed June 08, 2022 4:57 pm

heading to the bbq shop this weekend...my BGE is 12 yrs old now..for the last couple years the hinges on the back have rusted and i have to use a pipe to keep the lid up..salty sea air takes its toll..anyway, going to see if its worth it to get a couple guys here to fix it up or talk my wife into letting me get a brand new one for $999...

Wed June 08, 2022 5:05 pm

You rocking a small/medium BGE?

Wed June 08, 2022 5:07 pm

large

Wed June 08, 2022 5:12 pm

That’s a great price!

Wed June 08, 2022 5:14 pm

spike wrote:That’s a great price!

yeah because all i need is the egg..i have everything else,,i just hope they'll take away the old one if i do get a new one

Wed June 08, 2022 7:04 pm

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:That’s a great price!

yeah because all i need is the egg..i have everything else,,i just hope they'll take away the old one if i do get a new one

Do you have room to keep it as back up, in case you want to smoke a ton of meat for a party?

Wed June 08, 2022 7:06 pm

Or save $800-900 and replace the hinges. Can’t imagine it’s difficult, and probably YouTube vids out there.

https://premiergrilling.com/products/bi ... egg-119421

Mydracas Hinge Assembly Kit for Big Green Egg,Big Green Egg Accessories,Powder Coated Steel Hinge Set for Large Big Green Egg https://a.co/d/1x7sJ8l
Post a reply