The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next

Gas or Charcoal, RM?
Gas 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
Charcoal 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Re: There is not a thread dedicated to outdoor grilling
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
all kidding aside, a flat should come already trimmed...i have never done one though, only wholes..as long as you get the bad fat off you can usually leave more
regular fat than most guys say..find a rub you like or just do salt and pepper...I do a small coat of french's yellow mustard to start with and use various rubs..i use pecan or peach wood
and its funny i never use hickory as i'm not a big fan of it..come across too strong in the egg..indirect heat with the legs up on the plate and a foil pan full of water and apple cider vinegar..easy

also, if you ever just fire it up for burgers or dogs..just use match light charcoal because its a waste of good lump to do otherwise

:finger:

:thumbsup:

how do you start your coal? i'm thinking of getting a heat gun (electric or propane).

also, i'll probably just do a straight up dalmatian rub with 50/50 salt to pepper. and i usually only grill with pecan (when i'm not actually burning the chunks) (i used a cast-iron grill box for the gas grill and the pecan is really good).

chris, chris, chris...earlier, i talked about the joy of waking up real early and having those hours to yourself with a morning drink on the patio or back yard..why would you want to start a fire
in 12 seconds for something that needs to cook for more than 1/2 a day....throw a firestarter or 2 on there and light a match....listen to the quiet in the dark and have that morning pour of brown
by yourself..

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
all kidding aside, a flat should come already trimmed...i have never done one though, only wholes..as long as you get the bad fat off you can usually leave more
regular fat than most guys say..find a rub you like or just do salt and pepper...I do a small coat of french's yellow mustard to start with and use various rubs..i use pecan or peach wood
and its funny i never use hickory as i'm not a big fan of it..come across too strong in the egg..indirect heat with the legs up on the plate and a foil pan full of water and apple cider vinegar..easy

also, if you ever just fire it up for burgers or dogs..just use match light charcoal because its a waste of good lump to do otherwise

how do you start your coal? i'm thinking of getting a heat gun (electric or propane).

also, i'll probably just do a straight up dalmatian rub with 50/50 salt to pepper. and i usually only grill with pecan (when i'm not actually burning the chunks) (i used a cast-iron grill box for the gas grill and the pecan is really good).

chris, chris, chris...earlier, i talked about the joy of waking up real early and having those hours to yourself with a morning drink on the patio or back yard..why would you want to start a fire
in 12 seconds for something that needs to cook for more than 1/2 a day....throw a firestarter or 2 on there and light a match....listen to the quiet in the dark and have that morning pour of brown
by yourself..

i feel shame. don't look at me.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

by yourself..

i feel shame. don't look at me.

its ok..you can get one of those but learn the real way first...theyll be plenty of time to use the toy later when you're pressed for time and over slept

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 am 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Seriously bammer, we wouldn’t want you to get any propane in your vagina

Congrats, trag, by the way. I don’t know how you pulled it off but you seem to have been granted immunity by the durdencommatyler gender identification police.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:56 am 
Production Police

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Congrats, trag, by the way. I don’t know how you pulled it off but you seem to have been granted immunity by the durdencommatyler gender identification police.

I think he has me foe’d

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 am 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I think he has me foe’d

Oh, well now that is something. I was thinking maybe there is a code among RMers with 30k+ posts.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 am 
Production Police

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I think he has me foe’d

Oh, well now that is something. I was thinking maybe there is a code among RMers with 30k+ posts.

do i really have that many? :shake:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:

do you wrap your brisket in foil or parchment paper k thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

do you wrap your brisket in foil or parchment paper k thanks

with a few hours left i usually wrap it in that pink butchers paper that you can find online..i have enough for a lifetime i think..when its done i keep
it wrapped and throw it in a cooler i have for smoked meat only for an hour minimum or more

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:32 am 
Looks Like a Cat

It's nearly 7:30 in Texas and I have 45 minutes of daylight left. It's 85 degrees outside. Just the right amount of temp and time to grill a sunset corn cob and flank steak.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
It's nearly 7:30 in Texas and I have 45 minutes of daylight left. It's 85 degrees outside. Just the right amount of temp and time to grill a sunset corn cob and flank steak.

nice, i picked up 4 ears of early season sweet corn yesterday and curious to try it this week

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 am 
Looks Like a Cat

You ever get into some elote cup, doug? :naughty:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Chris_H_2 wrote:
pulled the trigger

it has arrived . . .

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
pulled the trigger

it has arrived . . .

you'll remember this day more than your wedding...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
pulled the trigger

it has arrived . . .

how apropos. my anniversary was tuesday. i remembered because i saw the thread i created for justin. and the reason i forgot was because i thought my grill was supposed to be delivered that same day.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'm thinking chris drank too much this morning and fell asleep with a brisket smoking to long..hope not

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:54 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Picking up my Blackstone flat top grill tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:59 am 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
i'm thinking chris drank too much this morning and fell asleep with a brisket smoking to long..hope not

Slight delay. It stormed here all afternoon. I decided to wait until tomorrow. The brisket is trimmed and ready for tomorrow morning’s slather and rub.

Fish and chips tonight.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:48 am 
Production Police

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Picking up my Blackstone flat top grill tomorrow

does that make it a griddle?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:57 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
pulled the trigger

it has arrived . . .

how apropos. my anniversary was tuesday. i remembered because i saw the thread i created for justin. and the reason i forgot was because i thought my grill was supposed to be delivered that same day.

post pictures

serious fomo right now

my neighbor has like 4 different grills including a big green egg and a huge smoker. it always smells amazing coming from over there. and this afternoon was plenty of sensimilla.

if i got one of these i feel like he could teach me

i am just too weak. i need to just gather the strength

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining