Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: bread

Mon May 04, 2020 5:14 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:My starter shit the bed on day 5, and I have yet to begin again. Jealous of WM’s bread prowess.

Gotta power thru it. Starters like devotion.

Fri July 03, 2020 9:15 pm

We've got a bad of wheat flour now and I'm going to use it in a loaf. Anyone have experience with this? I won't be using much in the dough because I'm thinking it won't ferment the same way, but I'm wondering if I need to mess with hydration ratios too?

Sat July 04, 2020 12:11 am

washing machine wrote:We've got a bad of wheat flour now and I'm going to use it in a loaf. Anyone have experience with this? I won't be using much in the dough because I'm thinking it won't ferment the same way, but I'm wondering if I need to mess with hydration ratios too?

well, it’s way higher protein (about 13%), so you should consider that.

Also, the flour will go rancid quicker. I keep my wheat flour in the freezer.

Sat July 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Whoops. I meant to type Bag of flour.

Mon July 06, 2020 11:45 pm

I gave our neighbor some jalapenos from our garden and he made an incredible jalapeno-cheddar bread

Tue July 07, 2020 1:38 am

i ordered english muffins today. been a while. i have cream cheese. i am ready

Thu February 18, 2021 5:23 pm

i have dough for a quinoa wheat sandwich bread halfway through its first rise. in about 3 hours my kitchen will be filled with the smell of perfume of the gods.

Thu February 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:i have dough for a quinoa wheat sandwich bread halfway through its first rise. in about 3 hours my kitchen will be filled with the smell of perfume of the gods.

Does the quinoa soak up the moisture and get gelatinous? Or do they stay dry and crunchy?

Thu February 18, 2021 6:25 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:i have dough for a quinoa wheat sandwich bread halfway through its first rise. in about 3 hours my kitchen will be filled with the smell of perfume of the gods.

Does the quinoa soak up the moisture and get gelatinous? Or do they stay dry and crunchy?

the quinoa is cooked before it's added, and it actually raises the moisture level.

Wed March 10, 2021 4:14 pm

neighborhood bakery was offering boston brown bread. not sure if i'm into it or not, quite unique.

Sat March 13, 2021 2:42 am

My sourdough starter did not survive the winter. I lent my sister some, so now she will return the favor and the circle of life will be completed.

Mon February 27, 2023 3:58 pm

Currently obsessed with Killer Dave’s 21 Grain

Mon February 27, 2023 3:59 pm

spike wrote:Currently obsessed with Killer Dave’s 21 Grain

it's great for avocado toast.

Mon February 27, 2023 4:01 pm

dad wrote:

It sure is.

Mon February 27, 2023 4:23 pm

spike wrote:
dad wrote:

It sure is.

Love it.

I’m currently rocking a marble rye. Got in the mood for rye.

Mon February 27, 2023 6:07 pm

I always buy that and shitty white bread for grilled cheese
Post a reply