The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18380
Location: Space City
Today I paid $2.75 for a donut and it actually felt like I was getting a good value. The icing was a matcha green tea variety and the dough was fluffier than your average day-old window offering. What's the most you'd pay for a donut?


Last edited by washing machine on Wed February 10, 2021 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 66279
Reid, please do a search, we already have a donut thread.

edit - well, until you changed it.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18380
Location: Space City
If you're referring to the official bagel thread, that one hasn't been a donut thread since December of 2018. Keep up, Ruddo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87908
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18380
Location: Space City
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 9406
Location: PM me, I have everything.
I am not above donuts, but I don't eat them. Good day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87908
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.

Yeah, buy changing the title six months into its run. Sometimes "surprise" is code for "this thread is going to piss you off."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18380
Location: Space City
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.

Yeah, buy changing the title six months into its run. Sometimes "surprise" is code for "this thread is going to piss you off."

Lotta assumptions there, durds. What makes you think I'm going to change this thread? It's about donuts for crying out loud. I'm not tapping on your glass here, man.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87908
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.

Yeah, buy changing the title six months into its run. Sometimes "surprise" is code for "this thread is going to piss you off."

Lotta assumptions there, durds. What makes you think I'm going to change this thread? It's about donuts for crying out loud. I'm not tapping on your glass here, man.

Just like that bagel thread was never about donuts and only about bagels, right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57727
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.

Yeah, buy changing the title six months into its run. Sometimes "surprise" is code for "this thread is going to piss you off."

Lotta assumptions there, durds. What makes you think I'm going to change this thread? It's about donuts for crying out loud. I'm not tapping on your glass here, man.

Just like that bagel thread was never about donuts and only about bagels, right?

It literally says formerly donuts in the title.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87908
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.

Yeah, buy changing the title six months into its run. Sometimes "surprise" is code for "this thread is going to piss you off."

Lotta assumptions there, durds. What makes you think I'm going to change this thread? It's about donuts for crying out loud. I'm not tapping on your glass here, man.

Just like that bagel thread was never about donuts and only about bagels, right?

It literally says formerly donuts in the title.

I know what it literally says, Pete. And I'm obviously still hurt about it. The fact that he so cavalierly makes this thread weeks later just amplifies it. Why not just make a bagel thread????!!!!

It's utter madness! Don't tell me you don't see it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57727
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Nice try. But you're just gonna make this thread another muffins or some shit on 6 months.

OUT

This thread may surprise you.

Yeah, buy changing the title six months into its run. Sometimes "surprise" is code for "this thread is going to piss you off."

Lotta assumptions there, durds. What makes you think I'm going to change this thread? It's about donuts for crying out loud. I'm not tapping on your glass here, man.

Just like that bagel thread was never about donuts and only about bagels, right?

It literally says formerly donuts in the title.

I know what it literally says, Pete. And I'm obviously still hurt about it. The fact that he so cavalierly makes this thread weeks later just amplifies it. Why not just make a bagel thread????!!!!

It's utter madness! Don't tell me you don't see it

:comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18380
Location: Space City
How many donuts have you had today, durds? I'd wager it's zero based on whatever donut-deficient tension you seem to have percolating inside you.


Last edited by washing machine on Wed April 17, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 32681
Location: the beach
so far nobody has said anything about an expensive donut..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87908
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
washing machine wrote:
How many donuts have you had today, durds? I'd wager it's zero based on whatever donut-deficient tension you seem to have percolating inside you.

I wouldn't tell you even if I'd had a donut. It's not worth it anymore. This whole place is lies!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57727
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87908
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Is that from Jane the Virgin? If so, SPOILER THAT SHIT


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Fri June 07, 2019 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 7841
Location: A Dark Place
National Donut Day and the RMer who started this thread couldn't even be bothered to bump it.

Typical. :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed July 17, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18380
Location: Space City
Went in to my local donut shop for a breakfast croissant today. As the cashier was bagging it up, he threw in four donut holes on the house.

Roughly one donut consumed today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Donuts
PostPosted: Wed July 17, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 17125
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I'm quitting junk food and almost all carbs/sugar.. stop talking about donuts please


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun April 18, 2021 10:51 pm