The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:13 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

I was in Vegas the first weekend of May and went to Gordon Ramsay Steak at the Paris hotel. I had Kobe sliders as appetizer and the beef Wellington as entree. The whole dinner was sublime.

Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bob Loblaw wrote:
I was in Vegas the first weekend of May and went to Gordon Ramsay Steak at the Paris hotel. I had Kobe sliders as appetizer and the beef Wellington as entree. The whole dinner was sublime.

i know i posted about it when i was there in january, but Bobby Flay's Mesa in Cesars is probably the best overall restaurant experience ive had, everything about it was Fantastic

the most recent restaurant ive been in was Milan, an Indian restaurant here in Lynchburg, the food is always Great there

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

mmm, Indian food :luv:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Well i doubt anyone has heard of it or been there but god i love COM Dunwoody. It is a mixture of french and vietnamese food. That also serves great cocktails includeing absinthe.

I don't go there for drinks though every single thing i've had has been off the charts tasty. Last Monday for dinner i had lamb wrapped in grape leaves as an appetizer with some sauce that was awesome and a hotbowl of carmilized seabass as the main course
:luv:

I've been three times for dinner and once for lunch never disapointed

Two weekends ago i went to Canoe in Vinings. It sits on the river and i had their salmon cake app which was smoked salmon on some kind of crusted potato with goat cheese and some sauce. Very good! the main course was Stuffed Qual with Fra Grouse (sp??) and roasted plums with some other stuff i did not know what it was but it was great. I will def be going back

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

intodeep wrote:
Well i doubt anyone has heard of it or been there but god i love COM Dunwoody. It is a mixture of french and vietnamese food. That also serves great cocktails includeing absinthe.

I don't go there for drinks though every single thing i've had has been off the charts tasty. Last Monday for dinner i had lamb wrapped in grape leaves as an appetizer with some sauce that was awesome and a hotbowl of carmilized seabass as the main course

Two weekends ago i went to Canoe in Vinings. It sits on the river and i had their salmon cake app which was smoked salmon on some kind of crusted potato with goat cheese and some sauce. Very good! the main course was Stuffed Qual with Fra Grouse (sp??) and roasted plums with some other stuff i did not know what it was but it was great. I will def be going back

Where in Dunwoody is this? I need a good Vietnamese place.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:39 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Electromatic wrote:
intodeep wrote:

It is not really a true vietnamese place it is a french vietnamese fusion so i'm not sure it will fit your bill but you should check it out!
do you know where dunwoody tavern is? It is in the same shopping center as Dunwoody Tavern, D'vine wine bar, and Hickory House. It is inbetween Dunwoody Tavern and D'vine Bar.

http://www.comgrill.com/_index.php
5486 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road Atlanta, GA 30338

If you have the Scoutmob app on your phone they have a 50% off coupon you can use.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 7:16 pm 
The Master

popeye's

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 12:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
popeye's

Did you get any wicked chicken?

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 12:55 am 
The Master

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
spike wrote:
popeye's

Did you get any wicked chicken?

Two wings, spicy. I think I ate the bones.

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 3:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm hitting up Speedy Romeo for the first time tonight with some friends I haven't seen in months. Should be good times.

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 3:46 pm 
Future Drummer

I just got breakfast from this tiny little Mexican place by my work. Pretty sure it's a mother/son team and it's so good, everything tastes homemade. If any of y'all ever come to Austin and want some authentic Mexican you should try it.

http://www.consueloskitchen.com/

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 5:10 pm 
RM Elitist

Orpheus wrote:
I just got breakfast from this tiny little Mexican place by my work. Pretty sure it's a mother/son team and it's so good, everything tastes homemade. If any of y'all ever come to Austin and want some authentic Mexican you should try it.

[url]http://www.consueloskitchen.com/[/url]

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 5:25 pm 
Future Drummer

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 6:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

@SkitchP wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

[url]http://www.consueloskitchen.com/[/url]

:shock:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 10:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Heading out to red lobster, i don't like seafood, but i always agree to go for the cheddar bay biscuits :lol:

PostPosted: Mon June 03, 2013 1:06 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Heading out to red lobster, i don't like seafood, but i always agree to go for the cheddar bay biscuits :lol:

Biscuits were great, and food wasn't too bad either

PostPosted: Mon June 03, 2013 12:04 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Red Lobster is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine.

PostPosted: Mon June 03, 2013 1:23 pm 
Rank This Poster

intodeep wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
intodeep wrote:

It is not really a true vietnamese place it is a french vietnamese fusion so i'm not sure it will fit your bill but you should check it out!
do you know where dunwoody tavern is? It is in the same shopping center as Dunwoody Tavern, D'vine wine bar, and Hickory House. It is inbetween Dunwoody Tavern and D'vine Bar.

If you have the Scoutmob app on your phone they have a 50% off coupon you can use.

Yeah, I know right where that is, Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2013 6:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

went to a somewhat new place the other night called Plan Check...ordered up this beautiful pastrami nosh

double smoked pastrami, melted swiss cheese, kimchi mustard, pickles, sunny fried egg :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu June 06, 2013 7:44 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Electromatic wrote:
intodeep wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
intodeep wrote:

Yeah, I know right where that is, Thanks!

no problem if you check it out i hope you enjoy it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining