The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I went to Uncle Boons last night and it was fucking OUT. STANDING.


i just looked that up..damn that looks good..how long has that been there? I don't recall that place

I have no idea. The Mrs wanted to go there. She'd heard good things. And she heard right. It's fucking baller. I highly recommend it. Just fantastic. We had the crispy pig ears, the blood sausage, the sweetbreads with crispy noodles and peanuts, baby octopus, the sea scallops and the roti. Just unreal good. I can't wait to go back and have a bunch of stuff that I didn't have last night.


id have to think its "fairly" recent since we left..anyway we'll be there for a week in august and will hit it up


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I went to Uncle Boons last night and it was fucking OUT. STANDING.


i just looked that up..damn that looks good..how long has that been there? I don't recall that place

I have no idea. The Mrs wanted to go there. She'd heard good things. And she heard right. It's fucking baller. I highly recommend it. Just fantastic. We had the crispy pig ears, the blood sausage, the sweetbreads with crispy noodles and peanuts, baby octopus, the sea scallops and the roti. Just unreal good. I can't wait to go back and have a bunch of stuff that I didn't have last night.


id have to think its "fairly" recent since we left..anyway we'll be there for a week in august and will hit it up

:nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2017 1:49 am 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
doug rr wrote:
Image

I'm going here tonight


a story about this place

I've been going here for about 6 years now. the chicken is outstanding and they normally win best of awards every year..its kind of dump though which makes it even better. anyway, the owner, a middle eastern man named Nile runs the joint with his son and sister, mary anne..Most people have dubbed him the chicken nazi after the soup guy in seinfeld. He is always yelling at his son and sister when things go wrong in front of all the customers but nobody cares because inside the place its viewed as normal..at lunch time its filled with the local policeman coming in for a bite. I've alway noticed that they basically help themselves by going into the kitchen and having mary anne give them an extra piece of chicken or a side dish..on many occasions i see that they don't pay for their lunches..I've seen nile drunk many times at night on my way home from the tavern that is next door..he'll always chat us up and sometimes give us free chicken if we're hungry after drinking..it peaked my interest one night when he got in his range rover while drunk to go home. I noticed that 2 police officers that eat there daily were waiting for him to get in the car..i later found out that it was basically them putting him in their car and making sure he got home safe without injuring anyone..I now know this happens quite often..anyway, going there tonight, I ordered my normal dish of a half chicken all dark with 2 sides and as always his sister mary anne gave me an extra quarter of chicken with extra cucumber salad..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15738
derby, as in kentucky derby. southern themed food and atmosphere. solid food, i had their specialty buttermilk and tabasco fried chicken strips, which were nicely cooked but i didn't pick up on any tabasco or heat at all. the sides were solid. my wife had southern picnic tacos, which are fried chicken pieces, chipotle mayo, corn relish, and cheese in a corn tortilla. they looked tits.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2017 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15738
doug rr wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Image

I'm going here tonight


a story about this place

I've been going here for about 6 years now. the chicken is outstanding and they normally win best of awards every year..its kind of dump though which makes it even better. anyway, the owner, a middle eastern man named Nile runs the joint with his son and sister, mary anne..Most people have dubbed him the chicken nazi after the soup guy in seinfeld. He is always yelling at his son and sister when things go wrong in front of all the customers but nobody cares because inside the place its viewed as normal..at lunch time its filled with the local policeman coming in for a bite. I've alway noticed that they basically help themselves by going into the kitchen and having mary anne give them an extra piece of chicken or a side dish..on many occasions i see that they don't pay for their lunches..I've seen nile drunk many times at night on my way home from the tavern that is next door..he'll always chat us up and sometimes give us free chicken if we're hungry after drinking..it peaked my interest one night when he got in his range rover while drunk to go home. I noticed that 2 police officers that eat there daily were waiting for him to get in the car..i later found out that it was basically them putting him in their car and making sure he got home safe without injuring anyone..I now know this happens quite often..anyway, going there tonight, I ordered my normal dish of a half chicken all dark with 2 sides and as always his sister mary anne gave me an extra quarter of chicken with extra cucumber salad..

nothing greases the wheels like chicken grease


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2017 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46626
Location: Sector 7-G
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
One of my favorite restaurants in Brooklyn is closing Aug 20. And I'm pretty fucking bummed about it. Needless to say, Imma be going there a lot between now and then. Like once a week. AT LEAST.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
That's a great story, doug. The place looks awesome too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Tue August 15, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
yesterday: shake shack burger at 11am..momofuko ramen at 3pm...Lupa pasta at 9pm

tryng to figure out where to go tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri August 18, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
hitting up the strip house on E 12th tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Fri August 18, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
Happy birthday, doug.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sat August 19, 2017 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 15738
ricobenes, picked up a couple of their legendary breaded steak sandwiches for dinner tonight on the way home. delicious.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sat August 19, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5947
Location: Space City
So like...chicken fried steak sandwiches?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sat August 19, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
Waiting for a table at Joe's Crab Shack


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sat August 19, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3268
Location: Oslo, Norway
I went to a burger restaurant on Friday. A bit disappointed with it really, as this city has a ton of great burger places. But they had an incredible Ben & Jerry's chocolate milkshake. I hardly ate for the next 24 hours, Even after working out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
Headed in to Mellow Mushroom right now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
wease wrote:
Headed in to Mellow Mushroom right now.

Do they do thin crust or deep dish?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Which restaurant have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8912
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
Headed in to Mellow Mushroom right now.

Do they do thin crust or deep dish?

Thin. And very tasty


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat November 25, 2017 7:58 am