Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

diggin kim chi right now

Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 pm

delicious
Last edited by --- on Tue August 26, 2014 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: when will there be a "tilapia" option at chipotle

Wed May 15, 2013 7:06 pm

do they have red snapper yet?

Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Tilapia don't build up contaminants in their flesh and don't collect mercury, so fish farms sometimes use them to clean the tanks of other fish because they know they will be "safe" to eat. Even in the wild, tilapia are known to live off of poop and other vile stuff. Again, this doesn't transfer to their flesh, so in that regard there is nothing wrong with them. I still find it pretty disgusting, so the wife and I never eat it.

Re: diggin kim chi right now

Wed July 19, 2023 1:10 am

i like kim chi

Wed July 19, 2023 2:01 pm

96583UP wrote:i like kim chi

Wed July 19, 2023 2:03 pm

nyquillyn wrote:Tilapia don't build up contaminants in their flesh and don't collect mercury, so fish farms sometimes use them to clean the tanks of other fish because they know they will be "safe" to eat. Even in the wild, tilapia are known to live off of poop and other vile stuff. Again, this doesn't transfer to their flesh, so in that regard there is nothing wrong with them. I still find it pretty disgusting, so the wife and I never eat it.

My problem with tilapia is that it tastes incredibly bland.

Wed July 19, 2023 2:04 pm

Glad to see the anti-tilapia sentiment finally getting some traction around here

Wed July 19, 2023 2:08 pm

The Spike household has actively avoided tilapia for years.

Wed July 19, 2023 2:21 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
nyquillyn wrote:Tilapia don't build up contaminants in their flesh and don't collect mercury, so fish farms sometimes use them to clean the tanks of other fish because they know they will be "safe" to eat. Even in the wild, tilapia are known to live off of poop and other vile stuff. Again, this doesn't transfer to their flesh, so in that regard there is nothing wrong with them. I still find it pretty disgusting, so the wife and I never eat it.

My problem with tilapia is that it tastes incredibly bland.

This is exactly why we eat it at Casa de Wease. Mrs Wease does not want fish that “tastes like fish.”

Wed July 19, 2023 2:53 pm

always Kim chi in our fridge

Wed July 19, 2023 2:55 pm

love kimchi.

Wed July 19, 2023 7:09 pm

how did we go from kimchi to talapia in the span of like 3 posts?

Wed July 19, 2023 7:13 pm

kimchi is hip

tilapia is not

tapenga is
Post a reply