The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is RM's Healthiest Eater?
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:17 pm 
Future Drummer

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
meal preparation is the key to healthy eating

help me

i'd like to, but i'm worried you'll give up. it usually takes me half of one day (about six hours) on the weekend to shop, chop, and cook everything i want to prep for the upcoming week

but then i spend almost no time preparing meals during the week and i'm able to eat really well. i save money overall too by avoiding eating at restaurants (save for one cheat meal per week)

your concern is valid

do you want to start eating better? if you do then start small, bub

just try to make one part of one meal healthy for a month (so have some oatmeal with breakfast, or carrots with lunch, or roasted veg with dinner). build on that

my cholesterol is high so i’m supposed to be dieting

but yeah i am trying to start small... I thought about eating oatmeal for dinner a few nights a week

what's your biggest challenge? motivation? consistency?

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:19 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
I did have some breakfast taco's this morning :\ but i did make them myself and there were spinach in them. Also, maybe i need the protein since ive been lifting.

hey strat, rate my breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs (mix 2 tbsp cottage cheese + splash of almond milk while beating the eggs)
4oz ground chicken thighs
20 oz smoothie (almond milk, pomegranate juice (100% fruit, not from concentrate), ground flax, almond butter, spinach, beets, avocado, banana, blueberries)

This looks like a typical strat breakfast when he is doing what he is meant to do. I give that a 10/10. I like the additiona of cottage cheese, though i don't use any milk for cooking my eggs and stick with a few teaspoons of olive oil.

Almond butter and avocado and ground flax are fantastic additions to a smoothie.

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:19 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:

help me

i'd like to, but i'm worried you'll give up. it usually takes me half of one day (about six hours) on the weekend to shop, chop, and cook everything i want to prep for the upcoming week

but then i spend almost no time preparing meals during the week and i'm able to eat really well. i save money overall too by avoiding eating at restaurants (save for one cheat meal per week)

your concern is valid

just try to make one part of one meal healthy for a month (so have some oatmeal with breakfast, or carrots with lunch, or roasted veg with dinner). build on that

but yeah i am trying to start small... I thought about eating oatmeal for dinner a few nights a week

both of those, yes...convenience as well

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:20 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:

help me

your concern is valid

We have discussed ways of making all of this more convenient.

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'm now enjoying the Thistle food delivery..3 days per week, healthy cooking for another 3 days and one day to screw it all

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:22 pm 
The Master

I have enjoyed the hello fresh and blue apron offerings. That is a good way to get some new tasty recipes to keep in your back pocket

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:22 pm 
Future Drummer

--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:

help me

your concern is valid

well the convenience is taken care of with the prep

really, it's just a matter of making the effort until it becomes habit and lifestyle. just resolve to make one small part of a particular meal - either breakfast, lunch, or dinner - healthy, and do it for a month. oatmeal is a good place to start because it's cheap, tasty, and super easy to prep

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

if you need to season to taste i recommend whisky or bourbon

Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
I did have some breakfast taco's this morning :\ but i did make them myself and there were spinach in them. Also, maybe i need the protein since ive been lifting.

3 scrambled eggs (mix 2 tbsp cottage cheese + splash of almond milk while beating the eggs)
20 oz smoothie (almond milk, pomegranate juice (100% fruit, not from concentrate), ground flax, almond butter, spinach, beets, avocado, banana, blueberries)

This looks like a typical strat breakfast when he is doing what he is meant to do. I give that a 10/10. I like the additiona of cottage cheese, though i don't use any milk for cooking my eggs and stick with a few teaspoons of olive oil.

Almond butter and avocado and ground flax are fantastic additions to a smoothie.

i buy three or four beets and roast them as part of the prep, then add 1/2 cup of the roasted beets to the smoothie as well. can't really taste them, but they're super healthy and a really good addition

my smoothies are now 60% veg, 40% fruit (depending on how one classifies an avocado, i suppose) and they're so dang good

Last edited by --- on Wed October 10, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Master

Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:

help me

your concern is valid

We have discussed ways of making all of this more convenient.

i’m also hecka lazy and sad

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:26 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:

help me

your concern is valid

really, it's just a matter of making the effort until it becomes habit and lifestyle. just resolve to make one small part of a particular meal - either breakfast, lunch, or dinner - healthy, and do it for a month. oatmeal is a good place to start because it's cheap, tasty, and super easy to prep

i’m going to give it the ol’ college try...thank you for your support

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:28 pm 
Future Drummer

--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:
--- wrote:

help me

your concern is valid

i’m going to give it the ol’ college try...thank you for your support

PM the washing machine account for a great steel cut oatmeal recipe

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:28 pm 
The Master

G dangit. Looks like im feeling a bit more motivated to not be a bum tonight.

Probably just roast some chicken, rice, and steamed veggies. Keep it light.

Also, eat early, friends. Before 7. Need ample time to digest before laying down for bed.

And if you are having digestive issues, lay on your left side.

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:29 pm 
Production Police

--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:

i buy three or four beets and roast them as part of the prep, then add 1/2 cup of the roasted beets to the smoothie as well. can't really taste them, but they're super healthy and a really good addition

my smoothies are now 60% veg, 40% fruit (depending on how one classifies an avocado, i suppose) and they're so dang good

This all looks great, but are you surpassing your absorbable protein limit? You might be able to dial that back a bit.

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:30 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:

Also, eat early, friends. Before 7. Need ample time to digest before laying down for bed.

Yeah, I've made a real effort to stop eating and drinking after 7pm, it makes a huge difference

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:

This all looks great, but are you surpassing your absorbable protein limit? You might be able to dial that back a bit.

after awhile, it must smell like a pet store at his place

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:31 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:

Yeah, I've made a real effort to stop eating and drinking after 7pm, it makes a huge difference

I have not. i do better when J is home but we still enjoy having some wine past dinner.

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:33 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:

I have not. i do better when J is home but we still enjoy having some wine past dinner.

Julie?

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:33 pm 
Future Drummer

tragabigzanda wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:

i...don't know? i lift and swim during the week if that matters

PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 7:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:

this is my biggest downfall. i don't get home from work until about 7 on a typical night. then i want to hang with my kids. by the time i can eat, it's about 8:30. and i can't go without a beer or two (at around 7% abv, you can do the math on the calories).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining