Re: Hot Sauce Committee

Tue July 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Boss move, boss.

Tue July 25, 2017 2:52 pm

I like Valentina and El Yucateco

Tue July 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Valentina is perfect. Something about it mixes very well with sandwiches made with sourdough, too. We get a sauce down here called Yellow Bird that's pretty great. Jorge, I don't know if they sell outside of Texas but if you see it you should pick it up. Whole Foods and Amazon both carry it.

Yellow Bird habanero is always on hand at my house. A few carrots and other things mixed in, hot but not unbearable.

Their serrano is good on breakfast tacos. I grab that one sometimes too.

https://yellowbirdsauce.com/
Last edited by washing machine on Tue July 25, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue July 25, 2017 2:57 pm

For reference, Jorge.

Thu July 27, 2017 3:20 am

that's three recs for valentina from spike, WM, and ruddo. jorge can't not pick some up!

Wed August 09, 2017 5:09 pm

I didn't buy Valentina on my trip but I just found someone here who imports it from Mexico so I'm about to buy a liter bottle

Wed August 09, 2017 5:16 pm

theplatypus wrote:I didn't buy Valentina on my trip but I just found someone here who imports it from Mexico so I'm about to buy a liter bottle

Let us know what you think. It really is quite enjoyable.

Wed August 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Also, Jorge, if you can get your hands on either of these, I highly recommend them. They are Panamanian and can't find them here in the states. A former RMer ships it to me occasionally.

Wed August 09, 2017 6:12 pm

I thought TheDapperGent said he saw it in stores all the time

Wed August 09, 2017 6:22 pm

theplatypus wrote:I thought TheDapperGent said he saw it in stores all the time

He never provided proof. The D'Elidas is now available online to me, but I still can't find the Doraz stuff online in the states.

Wed August 09, 2017 6:23 pm

God TheDapperGent sucked

Thu August 17, 2017 4:59 am

I don't know shit about hot sauce but I like this:

Thu August 17, 2017 5:03 am

theplatypus wrote:I didn't buy Valentina on my trip but I just found someone here who imports it from Mexico so I'm about to buy a liter bottle

They didn't have the yellow label one, so I ended up getting the black label Valentina (same flavor, just spicier)

Thu August 24, 2017 2:44 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:For reference, Jorge.

I love this shit drizzled with lime and salt on those fried puffed things that look like wagon wheels. Hmm, might have to hit a flea market or super mercado soon for that snack

Tue August 29, 2017 12:46 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:I don't know shit about hot sauce but I like this:

Went with this one today:

Both of these are really tasty, bot not hot enough.

Tue August 29, 2017 12:47 am

I have that second one and I agree. Not a lot of heat in these

Tue August 29, 2017 12:48 am

I really like the flavor of the green one especially though. I'll have to experiment with some other brands.

Thu August 31, 2017 2:40 am

This is a really incredible avocado-based hot sauce I got a couple weeks ago from the Venezuelan fair. The flavor and heat are just fantastic, but it has no preservatives so it has a shelf life of one month before it goes bad. You have to kinda blow through it quickly. Best for big gatherings-- I'm bringing it to my upcoming taco adventure

Mon September 18, 2017 4:32 am

I don't know that taco sauce needs its own thread so I'll post about it here.

Trader Joe's organic spicy taco sauce is really goddamn good. I have been making excuses to put it on things. Like I'm not even hungry but I want that damn sauce so I'll go find like a mini carrot or something in the fridge to dip it. Mmmmm, sauce.
Post a reply