Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Hot Sauce Committee

Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 am

Dave's insanity sauce.

on the warning label it claims it can remove paint.

Mon May 28, 2018 4:53 am

Mon May 28, 2018 11:54 am

Nice... Blair's Mega Death is supposed to be horrible

Mon May 28, 2018 11:57 am

i'll report back.

Mon May 28, 2018 12:29 pm

I haven't tried it. The other two are very good. Last week we had a potluck dinner that also doubled as a "hot sauce tasting" kind of thing and Pain is Good Louisiana Style was one of the big winners

Mon May 28, 2018 1:11 pm

yeah nice, i've heard good things. and how can the blueberry one possibly be bad?

what were the other big winners of the night?

Mon May 28, 2018 1:20 pm

People really liked Secret Aardvark, Queen Majesty Black Coffee, and the other Pain is Good sauce (Jamaican style) in the lineup. Weirdly, Dr. Assburns -- which was one of my least favorite sauces -- also did very well. A friend brought Daves Insanity and I really liked the flavor. Didn't find it that hot. But then again, we were tasting small amounts, dipping breadsticks into shot glasses to sample each sauce. It was a good time. Some of us were in tears by the end of it. But, like, happy tears. I recommend it

Mon May 28, 2018 2:32 pm

WtOB? wrote:

You look like a young Phil from Grinspoon.

Mon May 28, 2018 2:55 pm

The first three sauces recommended in this thread are Sriracha, Tabasco, and Franks.

Mon May 28, 2018 6:08 pm

I've really soured on Sriracha.

Mon May 28, 2018 6:29 pm

I still think it's great. Tastes good, wide appeal, very versatile.

Mon May 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Frank’s is my favorite. I like Tabasco a lot, too, but Frank’s takes it for me. A LOT of other sauces tend to see how hot they can get without having much in the flavor department. I’m not afraid of heat, but it has to compliment a nice tasting sauce.

Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 pm

wease wrote:Frank’s is my favorite. I like Tabasco a lot, too, but Frank’s takes it for me. A LOT of other sauces tend to see how hot they can get without having much in the flavor department. I’m not afraid of heat, but it has to compliment a nice tasting sauce.

Franks is good. I've developed a taste for more *esoteric* stuff but those three big ones are still really good, IMO. Meaning Franks, Huy Fong Sriracha, and good ol' Tabasco

Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm

theplatypus wrote:
wease wrote:Frank’s is my favorite. I like Tabasco a lot, too, but Frank’s takes it for me. A LOT of other sauces tend to see how hot they can get without having much in the flavor department. I’m not afraid of heat, but it has to compliment a nice tasting sauce.

Franks is good. I've developed a taste for more *esoteric* stuff but those three big ones are still really good, IMO. Meaning Franks, Huy Fong Sriracha, and good ol' Tabasco

I haven’t tried a flavor of Tabasco I haven’t liked. I’ve even got Tabasco soy sauce.

Tue May 29, 2018 6:58 pm

OK that is just weird

Tue May 29, 2018 7:00 pm

I think I have an aversion to Tabasco because it was all that was in my house growing up when I hated heat of any kind. In fact, when I was like 8 years old I had this habit of chewing on the cuffs of long sleeve shirts so my dad would put a drop of Tabasco there to stop me from doing it.

Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm

I hate tabasco because they put little mini bottles of it in our MRE's over in the desert. But for any flavor at all, we'd have to use it.

Wed May 30, 2018 1:57 am

theplatypus wrote:OK that is just weird

It’s actually pretty good. Just a hot soy sauce, really.

Fri June 01, 2018 1:35 am

Fri June 01, 2018 1:48 am

cool to see an australian one in there. a lot cheaper for me to try.
Post a reply