Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Food Dilemmas

Wed September 19, 2018 10:05 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Joe's is pure bliss. I could eat there every single day of my life.

I think we could be friends.

Fri November 23, 2018 2:46 pm

we're going to potluck next Saturday, and the hosts want to limit everyone to hors d'oeuvres. What should we bring? Understand that vaguely exotic produce is hard to come by.

Fri November 23, 2018 2:58 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:we're going to potluck next Saturday, and the hosts want to limit everyone to hors d'oeuvres. What should we bring? Understand that vaguely exotic produce is hard to come by.

Sun September 08, 2019 12:24 am

The in-laws are staying right around the corner from us for the month, and they are grilling steaks tonight and asked if we’d like to join. I went ahead and turned them down; I had meat at lunch, and still have some homemade veggie enchiladas in the freezer. In all seriousness, this feels like a big step in our relationship, because it’s been tough for me to set boundaries with them.

Sun September 08, 2019 4:24 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:The in-laws are staying right around the corner from us for the month, and they are grilling steaks tonight and asked if we’d like to join. I went ahead and turned them down; I had meat at lunch, and still have some homemade veggie enchiladas in the freezer. In all seriousness, this feels like a big step in our relationship, because it’s been tough for me to set boundaries with them.

That’s a move you’ll live to regret.

Sun September 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Turning down steak or setting boundaries?

Sun September 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Yes

Wed December 04, 2019 1:41 am

When you have two slices of pizza on your plate, and both look delicious - do you bite into only 1 until it is finished, or trade bites back and forth in a euphoria of consumption?

Wed December 04, 2019 3:10 am

Stack, fold, inhale simultaneously.

Wed December 04, 2019 3:18 am

Just swinging by a trag thread, I see

Wed December 04, 2019 3:19 am

New Dilemma: How many days after Thanksgiving should left over turkey be thrown out?

Wed December 04, 2019 3:21 am

96583UP wrote:New Dilemma: How many days after Thanksgiving should left over turkey be thrown out?

Tonight

Wed December 04, 2019 3:29 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:New Dilemma: How many days after Thanksgiving should left over turkey be thrown out?

Tonight

What if I don't want to let go

Wed December 04, 2019 3:39 am

96583UP wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Tonight

What if I don't want to let go

Wed December 04, 2019 5:44 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Just swinging by a trag thread, I see

Damn right

Wed December 04, 2019 7:50 pm

96583UP wrote:When you have two slices of pizza on your plate, and both look delicious - do you bite into only 1 until it is finished, or trade bites back and forth in a euphoria of consumption?

one at a time

Wed December 04, 2019 7:50 pm

last saturday

Wed December 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Next Thanksgiving

Wed December 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Y'all are way too precious with your food. That turkey is fine.

Wed December 04, 2019 9:48 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Y'all are way too precious with your food. That turkey is fine.

i bet that frozen birds that were de-thawed like a day prior are fine. Ours was fresh ( :hooray: ) and sat in the fridge, then brine, for a few days before being cooked. I opened the container last night and it wasn't bad, per se, but it wasn't exactly appetizing.

By the way, how'd it go with your special dinner guest?
Post a reply