Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: that feel when you discover an amazing neighborhood eate

Sat January 26, 2019 8:24 pm

spike wrote:
washing machine wrote:We've got a place here called "Burger IM" that I've never been to for the same reason.

is this it, you anti-semite?

:shock:

Sun January 27, 2019 3:24 pm

spike wrote:i don't know about amazing, but we decided to walk over to a place new to the neighborhood for lunch. solid burgers, sandwiches, and wraps. i had a very nicely done smoked cajun chicken and sausage wrap with a side of housemade potato chips. will be back.

this burned my asshole during last night’s evening dump :(

Sat April 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Long story, but around here we don't have many dine-in Chinese restaurants that aren't buffets. And there are a million take-out ones as well. Someone recently told us about one that's been here forever, apparently. They don't advertise, they don't have a website, just a family from southern China that prepares dishes from their region. We went last night, I had chicken with shacha sauce, which I had never heard of. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

Side note: while we were there, we saw a party leave because they didn't have "normal Chinese food like general tso's chicken". :/

Sat April 06, 2019 2:33 pm

We have one like that here. It’s SO much better than the buffet/take out places.

Sat April 06, 2019 9:55 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Long story, but around here we don't have many dine-in Chinese restaurants that aren't buffets. And there are a million take-out ones as well. Someone recently told us about one that's been here forever, apparently. They don't advertise, they don't have a website, just a family from southern China that prepares dishes from their region. We went last night, I had chicken with shacha sauce, which I had never heard of. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

Side note: while we were there, we saw a party leave because they didn't have "normal Chinese food like general tso's chicken". :/

haha, general tso's is the shit though

Sun April 07, 2019 9:21 pm

General Tso-Tso if you ask me.

Tue April 09, 2019 3:38 am

:facepalm:

Wed April 17, 2019 9:53 pm

There's a new burger joint in my hood. One of the burgers they offer is basically like a BBQ Bacon burger. And wouldn't you know it... but the BBQ sauce they use on the burger????

Gates! From KC!!!!

Jesus Fuck I love Brooklyn! :heartbeat:

Wed April 17, 2019 9:56 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:There's a new burger joint in my hood. One of the burgers they offer is basically like a BBQ Bacon burger. And wouldn't you know it... but the BBQ sauce they use on the burger????

Gates! From KC!!!!

now I'm craving one from burger joint and jg melon..

Wed April 17, 2019 10:01 pm

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:There's a new burger joint in my hood. One of the burgers they offer is basically like a BBQ Bacon burger. And wouldn't you know it... but the BBQ sauce they use on the burger????

Gates! From KC!!!!

now I'm craving one from burger joint and jg melon..

:heartbeat:

Wed April 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Going to Alta Calidad, which is Chef Akhtar Nawab's (one of my favorite NYC chefs) Brooklyn Mexican/Indian fusion joint. I've been there before (obviously!) and it's in my neighborhood. I'm going again tonight for my birthday. And I just can't wait!

This man prepares octopus better than just about anyone else in NYC. I am absolutely having that (my favorite dish) tonight. :li:

Sat April 27, 2019 5:41 pm

properly prepared and cooked octupus is hard to find, enjoy

Sat April 27, 2019 7:58 pm

spike wrote:properly prepared and cooked octupus is hard to find, enjoy

:heartbeat:

Sat April 27, 2019 8:02 pm

One time when I was a fledgling server soaking it all in, I told a table that everything on the menu was local. Everything. Even the octopus. This wasn't an intentional deception on my part, I was just an idiot.

I told the chef, on a Friday night, that a table wanted him to come to the table and tell them more this "gulf coast octopus" I was pushing, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Chef, got a moment?
Chef: Not really. Kinda in the weeds here.
Me: Okay, but it's just that they are questioning whether or not our octopus is from the Gulf.
Chef: Of course it's not from the fucking Gulf. It's a Mediterranean species!
Me: I thought all of our food was from the gulf?
Chef: *tosses a raw octopus in a mixing dish* HERE. Take this to the table. Show them what a fresh Mediterranean octopus looks like.
Me: *Starts to grab the bowl with raw octopus*
Chef: DO NOT FUCKING TAKE THAT TO A TABLE YOU ABSOLUTE MORON.

Sat April 27, 2019 8:08 pm

what did you tell the table

Sat April 27, 2019 8:32 pm

I walked my claim back, but of course they knew it already and were just messing with me. I got away with it and still made a decent tip because I had that early era washing machine charm going for me.

Sat April 27, 2019 8:39 pm

washing machine wrote:I walked my claim back, but of course they knew it already and were just messing with me. I got away with it and still made a decent tip because I had that early era washing machine charm going for me.

Also, in which United State did this story take place?

Sat April 27, 2019 8:40 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:I walked my claim back, but of course they knew it already and were just messing with me. I got away with it and still made a decent tip because I had that early era washing machine charm going for me.

Texas, of course. Always Texas.

Sat April 27, 2019 8:41 pm

washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

So, that's also probably part of why.

Sat April 27, 2019 8:43 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

So, that's also probably part of why.

Post a reply