Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

When meals let you down

Wed April 18, 2018 7:05 pm

I’m at a new place and eating something that looked great on paper. Cold noodle salad with thinly sliced beef and vegetables.

It’s WAY too acidic. Offensively so. Such a shame.

Re: When meals let you down

Wed April 18, 2018 7:13 pm

washing machine wrote:I’m at a new place and eating something that looked great on paper. Cold noodle salad with thinly sliced beef and vegetables.

It’s WAY too acidic. Offensively so. Such a shame.

Did you say something? I always want to be honest to the waiter about the quality of the food but it's so hard to do.

Wed April 18, 2018 7:14 pm

I wrote in the url to this thread on the back of my business card and handed it to the cashier.

Wed April 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Almost every restaurant I’ve been to in Colorado sucks. STOP PUTTING HATCH GREEN CHILES ON FUCKING EVERYTHING, THEY TASTE LIKE WATER

Wed April 18, 2018 7:25 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Almost every restaurant I’ve been to in Colorado sucks. STOP PUTTING HATCH GREEN CHILES ON FUCKING EVERYTHING, THEY TASTE LIKE WATER

Must be a massive surplus of hatch every year. We’ve got a lot of restaurants and grocery store chains around here that push them for “hatch chili month” even though the regional cuisine mostly ignores that shit otherwise.

Wed April 18, 2018 7:26 pm

washing machine wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Almost every restaurant I’ve been to in Colorado sucks. STOP PUTTING HATCH GREEN CHILES ON FUCKING EVERYTHING, THEY TASTE LIKE WATER

Must be a massive surplus of hatch every year. We’ve got a lot of restaurants and grocery store chains around here that push them for “hatch chili month” even though the various regional cuisines mostly ignore that shit otherwise.

It’s a huuuuuuuuuge Colorado thing. They put them on EVERYTHING and it is STUPID

Wed April 18, 2018 7:30 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Must be a massive surplus of hatch every year. We’ve got a lot of restaurants and grocery store chains around here that push them for “hatch chili month” even though the various regional cuisines mostly ignore that shit otherwise.

It’s a huuuuuuuuuge Colorado thing. They put them on EVERYTHING and it is STUPID

I always thought of it as a staple of New Mexico food, but that makes sense that it wouldn’t stop there.

I like them sometimes, but I’ve definitely noticed that it’s an epidemic. I can only imagine it gets worse the closer you get to hatch ground zero.

Wed April 18, 2018 7:32 pm

I especially hate them on Mexican food. So, so wrong. Totally inauthetic. I haven’t had a decent Mexican meal at a restaurant in two years now. It’s the only thing I miss about Illinois.

Wed April 18, 2018 7:38 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I especially hate them on Mexican food. So, so wrong. Totally inauthetic. I haven’t had a decent Mexican meal at a restaurant in two years now. It’s the only thing I miss about Illinois.

sorry lv, i don't buy that..i grew up there and it is loaded with authentic if you look for it

Wed April 18, 2018 7:46 pm

doug rr wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:I especially hate them on Mexican food. So, so wrong. Totally inauthetic. I haven’t had a decent Mexican meal at a restaurant in two years now. It’s the only thing I miss about Illinois.

sorry lv, i don't buy that..i grew up there and it is loaded with authentic if you look for it

That may be but I haven’t found any around me and I’m tired of trying

Wed April 18, 2018 9:40 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

That may be but I haven’t found any around me and I’m tired of trying

please get help

Thu April 19, 2018 4:42 am

I had extremely disappointing Peruvian food about a year ago for lunch. It ended up being like $17 which is way more than I would normally spend on lunch. The place looked authentic, in a part of town I rarely visit, figured I would give it a try.

Afterwards I was like Fuck, I should have just gone to McDonalds.

Thu April 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Bammer wrote:I had extremely disappointing Peruvian food about a year ago for lunch. It ended up being like $17 which is way more than I would normally spend on lunch. The place looked authentic, in a part of town I rarely visit, figured I would give it a try.

Afterwards I was like Fuck, I should have just gone to McDonalds.

mcnugz ftw

Thu April 19, 2018 2:52 pm

I find this funny. You miss authentic Mexican food from ILLINOIS!

Thu April 19, 2018 3:52 pm

wease wrote:

There’s a huge Mexican population in Illinois.

Thu April 19, 2018 4:00 pm

There's this farm-to-table, locally sourced, small menu, small plates, blah blah blah place that we go to about once a month. Never had a bad bite there. Then a couple of months ago they did this cutesy "Wisconsin supper club" theme for an entire month. New decor, new menu, etc. We went once and it was awful. Overcooked prime rib, cold sides, burnt popovers, weak old fashioneds. They're back to the regular menu but now I'm afraid to go back.

Thu April 19, 2018 4:01 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
wease wrote:

There’s a huge Mexican population in Illinois.

Yep. Southern WI, too.The best authentic Mexican food I've had was when I was living around the WI/IL border.

Thu April 19, 2018 4:12 pm

You really don't have to be Mexican to make good Mexican food, guys.

Thu April 19, 2018 4:14 pm

My wife makes killer Mexican food, and she's Lebanese.

Thu April 19, 2018 4:21 pm

The Lebanese are the Mexicans of the Middle East

source: am Lebanese
Post a reply