Switch to full style
Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Breakfast (and strat's talk about Puffins)

Tue April 25, 2023 2:41 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:I need to start eating better in the morning. I don't eat poorly -- a bowl of cereal with oat milk and usually fruit. But I figured I should incorporate more grains.

i guess this is probably a better post for the rando food thoughts thread. but whatever.

I feel this way about my mid-day eating. I don't eat poorly, but I'm constantly fatigued around 3-3:30p.

yup. help me dad.

i've got a couple things i'm going to try.

1. message my PCP about trying out some testosterone.

2. making an appointment with a dietician to see where i'm lacking or figuring out if there's a food that disagrees with me.

Tue April 25, 2023 2:43 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:I need to start eating better in the morning. I don't eat poorly -- a bowl of cereal with oat milk and usually fruit. But I figured I should incorporate more grains.

i guess this is probably a better post for the rando food thoughts thread. but whatever.

I feel this way about my mid-day eating. I don't eat poorly, but I'm constantly fatigued around 3-3:30p.

yup. help me dad.

His answer to everyone is oatmeal and nut butter

Tue April 25, 2023 2:43 pm

JuanHamm wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

yup. help me dad.

His answer to everyone is oatmeal and nut butter

I'll nut in your butter if you don't watch it.

Tue April 25, 2023 2:47 pm

Maybe a chicken cordon bleu?

Tue April 25, 2023 3:04 pm

dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

yup. help me dad.

2. making an appointment with a dietician to see where i'm lacking or figuring out if there's a food that disagrees with me.

I’d assume dietitian would be the better first route. It could be a common deficiency that causes fatigue that can easily happen with plant based diets (iron, b12?)

Tue April 25, 2023 3:12 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

yup. help me dad.

I’d assume dietitian would be the better first route. It could be a common deficiency that causes fatigue that can easily happen with plant based diets (iron, b12?)

you make a valid point with the b-12. i've not taken that in quite some time.

Tue April 25, 2023 3:38 pm

dad wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

yup. help me dad.

I don’t take insurance but will give you a receipt so you can file a claim

Tue April 25, 2023 5:10 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
dad wrote:

yup. help me dad.

I don’t take insurance but will give you a receipt so you can file a claim

:peace:

Tue April 25, 2023 5:15 pm

If I plan to have any carbs, I try to do it at breakfast so that I give my body a chance to burn those off throughout the day.

I've been hooked on the Everything Bagel Minis at Dunkin.

Thu April 27, 2023 5:00 pm

Oatmeal with banana and blackberries

Fri April 28, 2023 11:19 am

Going to one of the fancy Disney hotels to have breakfast with Stitch this morning.

Fri April 28, 2023 11:23 am

is Lilo hot?

Fri April 28, 2023 12:04 pm

We can only hope

Thu May 04, 2023 2:17 pm

overly buttered English muffin

Thu May 04, 2023 3:29 pm

English muffin with almond butter

Sun May 07, 2023 9:26 pm

my buddy made us some awesome eggs benny this morning with caviar

Sun May 07, 2023 9:29 pm

Dad — As a fellow oatmeal evangelist, I’ve found that having a hard boiled egg on the side really helps me stave off that fatigue later in the day

Sun May 07, 2023 10:03 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Dad — As a fellow oatmeal evangelist, I’ve found that having a hard boiled egg on the side really helps me stave off that fatigue later in the day

Interesting…

Could be something I’d consider once in a while.

Mon May 08, 2023 9:16 pm

dad wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Dad — As a fellow oatmeal evangelist, I’ve found that having a hard boiled egg on the side really helps me stave off that fatigue later in the day

Interesting…

Could be something I’d consider once in a while.

Does it need to be hard boiled? Or just egg?

Fri May 12, 2023 1:57 pm

oatmeal w/flaxseed, chia seeds, raisins and a dollop of no sugar added peanut butter.
Post a reply