The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63199
That's awesome

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 21669
eat my ass ruddo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Fri June 21, 2019 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16445
Location: Space City
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Fri June 21, 2019 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 55714
Location: Sector 7-G
washing machine wrote:
Moved to a different zip code with a different HEB. It's going to take some getting used to.

This one is a lot bigger. Like, Costco big. You can't just walk in for eggs and orange juice. The carts are bigger too. Their cheese and beer selection is dismal, they don't sell the hand and dish soap that I like, and the music they play is not very upbeat. Basically it's a Sam's Club with smaller portions. Doesn't even feel like an HEB. I don't know what to do.

you have to move


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Fri June 21, 2019 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16445
Location: Space City
cutuphalfdead wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Moved to a different zip code with a different HEB. It's going to take some getting used to.

This one is a lot bigger. Like, Costco big. You can't just walk in for eggs and orange juice. The carts are bigger too. Their cheese and beer selection is dismal, they don't sell the hand and dish soap that I like, and the music they play is not very upbeat. Basically it's a Sam's Club with smaller portions. Doesn't even feel like an HEB. I don't know what to do.

you have to move

Did you read the update a few posts ago, chump?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16445
Location: Space City
Aldi is a great store and a pleasurable shopping experience. So efficient.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63199
I've really grown to love Aldi

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29379
Location: the beach
i got one of these yesterday to try it...im hooked..so good

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 36807
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Trying to cut back on my dairy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16445
Location: Space City
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've really grown to love Aldi

Whay were you on the fence about at first?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63199
washing machine wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've really grown to love Aldi

Whay were you on the fence about at first?

At first I thought they didn't/wouldn't have everything I needed. But I soon saw that I was wrong.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 8:40 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29379
Location: the beach
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
washing machine wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've really grown to love Aldi

Whay were you on the fence about at first?

At first I thought they didn't/wouldn't have everything I needed. But I soon saw that I was wrong.

how are the cuts of meat?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16445
Location: Space City
I’d stick with cabinet staples at Aldi and grab my meat elsewhere. I did get some sliced ham last time I was in that made a great Cubano sandwich, though. Of course I did the shredded pork for the sandwich with meat from HEB, though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63199
Also, if you can find the Roma brand uncooked, Old Bay seasoned bratwurst, pick them up. My Aldi has had then for a while and they are fantastic

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63199
Reid, do you have a Lidl near you? Another German chain modeled like Aldi. We are supposed to be getting one here

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16445
Location: Space City
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Reid, do you have a Lidl near you? Another German chain modeled like Aldi. We are supposed to be getting one here

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... 544831.php


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Thu June 27, 2019 11:34 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29379
Location: the beach
washing machine wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Reid, do you have a Lidl near you? Another German chain modeled like Aldi. We are supposed to be getting one here

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... 544831.php

its ok if you don't want to answer my question to you in the recent restaurant thread...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Fri June 28, 2019 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63199
Doug

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Fri June 28, 2019 1:14 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29379
Location: the beach
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Doug

hey ruddo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets
PostPosted: Fri June 28, 2019 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 55714
Location: Sector 7-G
washing machine wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Moved to a different zip code with a different HEB. It's going to take some getting used to.

This one is a lot bigger. Like, Costco big. You can't just walk in for eggs and orange juice. The carts are bigger too. Their cheese and beer selection is dismal, they don't sell the hand and dish soap that I like, and the music they play is not very upbeat. Basically it's a Sam's Club with smaller portions. Doesn't even feel like an HEB. I don't know what to do.

you have to move

Did you read the update a few posts ago, chump?

why would I do that?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu July 09, 2020 2:47 am