Mmmm...sacrilicious...
Post a reply

Re: Grocery Stores and Farmer Markets

Wed August 15, 2018 6:39 pm

corn and tomatoes on the list for tomorrows farmer market

Mon August 27, 2018 5:49 am

Farmers markets are a pain in the ass.

Give me one store that carries everything.

Mon August 27, 2018 3:01 pm

We buy probably 80 percent of our food from Aldi.

Mon August 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:We buy probably 80 percent of our food from Aldi.

i'm picturing an elderly, jovial portuguese immigrant. i think he was in the HAM radio club with my Grampie. That him?

Mon August 27, 2018 3:26 pm

I love Aldi. One just opened near me, it's been great

Mon August 27, 2018 4:16 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

i'm picturing an elderly, jovial portuguese immigrant. i think he was in the HAM radio club with my Grampie. That him?

Yeah. He has cheap produce.

Mon August 27, 2018 4:16 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I love Aldi. One just opened near me, it's been great

Their guac is legit.

Tue August 28, 2018 10:44 am

We’ve had an Aldi for a while. Never even been in it. Publix is opening here this weekend.

Wed August 29, 2018 6:16 pm

No less than three of my Facebook friends have posted paragraphs about their experience at the new Whole Foods 365 that just opened. I'm not convinced it's a cool place. Sounds like a Trader Joe's -- light on meat and produce and heavy on store brand packaged stuff.

Wed August 29, 2018 6:33 pm

washing machine wrote:No less than three of my Facebook friends have posted paragraphs about their experience at the new Whole Foods 365 that just opened. I'm not convinced it's a cool place. Sounds like a Trader Joe's -- light on meat and produce and heavy on store brand packaged stuff.

Coincidentally, what is opening up around here is the Wal Mart marketplace. Just a Wal Mart grocery store.

Wed August 29, 2018 6:38 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
washing machine wrote:No less than three of my Facebook friends have posted paragraphs about their experience at the new Whole Foods 365 that just opened. I'm not convinced it's a cool place. Sounds like a Trader Joe's -- light on meat and produce and heavy on store brand packaged stuff.

Coincidentally, what is opening up around here is the Wal Mart marketplace. Just a Wal Mart grocery store.

I've been to one of those in Texarkana.

Thu August 30, 2018 1:18 am

washing machine wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

20,000 miles to an oasis

Thu August 30, 2018 1:25 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
washing machine wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

20,000 miles to an oasis

20,000 years i will burn

Thu August 30, 2018 1:30 am

doug rr wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
washing machine wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

20,000 miles to an oasis

20,000 years i will burn

20,000 chances i've wasted

Tue April 23, 2019 7:13 pm

I need to shop at Aldi more

Tue April 23, 2019 7:23 pm

a new grocery store called lazy acres just opened up here recently and I've fallen in love with it

Thu April 25, 2019 5:27 pm

What do you enjoy about it?

Thu April 25, 2019 6:37 pm

do they have an olive bar?

Sat April 27, 2019 5:40 pm

washing machine wrote:What do you enjoy about it?

no no shoes, no shirt, no service policy

Sun May 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Moved to a different zip code with a different HEB. It's going to take some getting used to.

This one is a lot bigger. Like, Costco big. You can't just walk in for eggs and orange juice. The carts are bigger too. Their cheese and beer selection is dismal, they don't sell the hand and dish soap that I like, and the music they play is not very upbeat. Basically it's a Sam's Club with smaller portions. Doesn't even feel like an HEB. I don't know what to do.
Post a reply