The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 8:09 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
spike wrote:
Went with the large! Overall room, plus the EGGspander doesn’t fit in the medium, and that optionality seems clutch. Should have it by end of the coming week.

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 8:41 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
also, from experience, you do not need to buy the extras that are made by green egg...get the cheaper stuff


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13310
Location: An office full of assholes
My first cut was a brisket. It turned out about a B. I wrapped it too far into the stall.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 9:23 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
Chris_H_2 wrote:
My first cut was a brisket. It turned out about a B. I wrapped it too far into the stall.

you just did a flat, right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13310
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
My first cut was a brisket. It turned out about a B. I wrapped it too far into the stall.

you just did a flat, right?

Yes. Good memory. That was also a problem. I was cooking for 2 1/2 people and a full one would’ve been thrown away.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 11:06 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
My first cut was a brisket. It turned out about a B. I wrapped it too far into the stall.

you just did a flat, right?

Yes. Good memory. That was also a problem. I was cooking for 2 1/2 people and a full one would’ve been thrown away.

i have a knack for remembering meat stories..I've never smoked a flat..always just the whole 12-18 pounders..i prefer the points on a brisket
have you ever made a pastrami? or corned beef?
its a fun thing to do with a flat


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13310
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
My first cut was a brisket. It turned out about a B. I wrapped it too far into the stall.

you just did a flat, right?

Yes. Good memory. That was also a problem. I was cooking for 2 1/2 people and a full one would’ve been thrown away.

i have a knack for remembering meat stories..I've never smoked a flat..always just the whole 12-18 pounders..i prefer the points on a brisket
have you ever made a pastrami? or corned beef?
its a fun thing to do with a flat

I haven’t, but that sounds tempting and right up my alley.

Thinking of doing a couple of racks of spare ribs and some sausage tomorrow.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2731
doug rr wrote:
i have a knack for remembering meat stories


don't you ever


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: Space City
Getting a late start here, but I'm about to start a flame and put a pork shoulder on. I plan to eat around 10-11pm Houston time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13310
Location: An office full of assholes
sweet dreams reid


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 22665
My Egg should be delivered in a couple hours. I have some salmon and trout that needs cookin/smokin.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: Space City
Chris_H_2 wrote:
sweet dreams reid

Everyone in the house is asleep. More hickory just went on. It's a dry 75 degrees outside, and the baby's backyard play tent is still set up from earlier. I might set my watch and take a nap in there shortly.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 22665
spike wrote:
My Egg should be delivered in a couple hours. I have some salmon and trout that needs cookin/smokin.

My Egg dude runs a little shop and is doing the delivery himself with his truck. I have a feeling he’s going to cancel since it’s still raining. I also feel like I’m going to cancel the delivery and pick the darn thing up myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 8:29 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
My Egg should be delivered in a couple hours. I have some salmon and trout that needs cookin/smokin.

My Egg dude runs a little shop and is doing the delivery himself with his truck. I have a feeling he’s going to cancel since it’s still raining. I also feel like I’m going to cancel the delivery and pick the darn thing up myself.


are you going to set it in the 4 wheel metal contraption or the wood wraparound?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 22665
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
My Egg should be delivered in a couple hours. I have some salmon and trout that needs cookin/smokin.

My Egg dude runs a little shop and is doing the delivery himself with his truck. I have a feeling he’s going to cancel since it’s still raining. I also feel like I’m going to cancel the delivery and pick the darn thing up myself.


are you going to set it in the 4 wheel metal contraption or the wood wraparound?

4 wheel. Think I can get the large up a flight of stairs on my own?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Fri October 23, 2020 10:09 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
My Egg should be delivered in a couple hours. I have some salmon and trout that needs cookin/smokin.

My Egg dude runs a little shop and is doing the delivery himself with his truck. I have a feeling he’s going to cancel since it’s still raining. I also feel like I’m going to cancel the delivery and pick the darn thing up myself.


are you going to set it in the 4 wheel metal contraption or the wood wraparound?

4 wheel. Think I can get the large up a flight of stairs on my own?

Image



no


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 22665
They made it around six tonight. Will fire it up tomorrow.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 1:49 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30991
Location: the beach
this is a special moment..cherish it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Sat October 24, 2020 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 17092
Location: Space City
Did you season it yet, spike?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Red Mosquito BBQ Shack
PostPosted: Tue October 27, 2020 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24810
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Doug, have you ever used maple for smoking?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed December 02, 2020 10:28 pm