The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25020
Location: the beach
Mickey wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Mickey wrote:
doug rr wrote:
its the only thing i look forward to in vegas other than a bar seat at the double down saloon


Noooo not the double down. You go for punk rock bingo?

didn't know they had bingo..only sat at the dark bar and drank whiskey and played some pool


Oh don't go, it's awful. We always preferred Stakeout on Maryland or Rum Runner on Tropicana for dingy local bars.


I've had many whiskeys downtown at the griffin as well


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 11:26 pm 
Online
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 53939
Go to Tacos & Beer in Vegas. Good selection of both

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 2:21 am 
Online
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 1171
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Go to Tacos & Beer in Vegas. Good selection of both


:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

doug rr wrote:
Mickey wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Mickey wrote:
doug rr wrote:
its the only thing i look forward to in vegas other than a bar seat at the double down saloon


Noooo not the double down. You go for punk rock bingo?

didn't know they had bingo..only sat at the dark bar and drank whiskey and played some pool


Oh don't go, it's awful. We always preferred Stakeout on Maryland or Rum Runner on Tropicana for dingy local bars.


I've had many whiskeys downtown at the griffin as well


For my money the El Cortez lobby bar is the best place to drink downtown.

_________________
washing machine wrote:
Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25020
Location: the beach
Mickey wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Go to Tacos & Beer in Vegas. Good selection of both


:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

doug rr wrote:
Mickey wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Mickey wrote:
doug rr wrote:
its the only thing i look forward to in vegas other than a bar seat at the double down saloon


Noooo not the double down. You go for punk rock bingo?

didn't know they had bingo..only sat at the dark bar and drank whiskey and played some pool


Oh don't go, it's awful. We always preferred Stakeout on Maryland or Rum Runner on Tropicana for dingy local bars.


I've had many whiskeys downtown at the griffin as well


For my money the El Cortez lobby bar is the best place to drink downtown.


that prime rib joint in the el cortez is a spot we always try to hit up as well


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: An office full of assholes
doug, i'll be in new york this sunday through tuesday morning with my 11-yr old for the national show staying in the upper west side near the beacon theatre. any recommendations for dinner sunday night?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 5:08 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25020
Location: the beach
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug, i'll be in new york this sunday through tuesday morning with my 11-yr old for the national show staying in the upper west side near the beacon theatre. any recommendations for dinner sunday night?

oh, my neighborhood of 10 years..so many new places since we left 8 years ago but some good ones remain

cafe luxembourg on w 70th..classic french
shun lee on w 65th...more expensive chinese regional food but worth it
barney greengrass on amsterdam around 87th..my favorite breakfast place of all time
got to have a hot dog at grays papaya on the corner of 72nd/broadway..they won't put ketchup on it :)
so many others but those were regulars that still exist

walk by my old apartment on w 76th between central park and columbus


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16293
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Doug’s apartment is still there. I verified it in October.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Dining While Travelling
PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug, i'll be in new york this sunday through tuesday morning with my 11-yr old for the national show staying in the upper west side near the beacon theatre. any recommendations for dinner sunday night?

oh, my neighborhood of 10 years..so many new places since we left 8 years ago but some good ones remain

cafe luxembourg on w 70th..classic french
shun lee on w 65th...more expensive chinese regional food but worth it
barney greengrass on amsterdam around 87th..my favorite breakfast place of all time
got to have a hot dog at grays papaya on the corner of 72nd/broadway..they won't put ketchup on it :)
so many others but those were regulars that still exist

walk by my old apartment on w 76th between central park and columbus

this is perfect. thanks doug.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed April 24, 2019 2:35 am